Teh Politics Forum Rumors and lies and Teh Iraqi Info Minister and much much more...

Why are people like this?

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2005, 05:15 PM
Dirty Redhead

Car Info: 05 WRX Wagon (Crystal Gray)
Why are people like this?

CHICAGO, Illinois (AP) -- Gov. Rod Blagojevich approved an emergency rule Friday requiring pharmacies to fill birth control prescriptions quickly after a Chicago pharmacist refused to fill an order because of moral opposition to the drug.
Why do some people think that everyone should have to live by their ideals? So becuase you don't believe in it, that means it's ok to deny everyone else of their right to have it?

http://www.cnn.com/2005/US/04/01/bir....ap/index.html
Old 04-07-2005, 12:08 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 03 WRX
I think he should have chose a different career. I can respect him not wanting to do something because of his morals, but if it affects peoples lives and his job he needs to resign. I'm anti abortion, but I really don't see a problem with rubbers and birth control pills.
Old 04-16-2005, 02:34 PM

Car Info: 95 Impreza coup, green, 5speed 1.8l awd
well this is another instance where democracy fails or has the potental to fail
one or a group of few decide they want or dont want something and laws are put into place because of them instead of the majority
Old 04-16-2005, 02:52 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2003 WRX, 2008 Camry
Nothing new.

People complain about "Under God" in the Pledge of allegiance, feel the need to take my guns away and demand I humanly kill my crab and lobster before I throw them in the pot.

Likewise you have people on the other spectrum that do what the article suggests. This is primarily why I sit in the middle. Keep "under God" but skip that part when it comes down to saying it! I can go on and on about these people that ruin it for the rest of us but it’s not worth it.
Old 04-18-2005, 11:26 AM

Car Info: '05 Crystal Grey Metallic WRX Sport Wagon
The thing is, in this case religion is causing a problem again. And in the case of the word God on things, maybe it's the non-religious ones that bring up the problem but if religion didn't exist it wouldn't be a problem. Can anybody show me a case where lives have been made better/easier because of the world's current religious establishments? Sorry to beat a dead horse, but I would bet my entire life that if there was a way to suddenly and irreversibly remove all religion from human history, present, and future the human race would be better off.