Teh Politics Forum Rumors and lies and Teh Iraqi Info Minister and much much more...

Why do democrats hate successful minorities?

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2005, 11:03 AM

Car Info: 72 Vespa with curb feelers
Why do democrats hate successful minorities?

Have you guys seen the torture that Democrats put successful minorities through?

It must really make them mad to see Bush surrounded by smart, successful minorities.

Here's a perfect example (besides what's been in the news the last 4 years):

http://baltimorechronicle.com/121704Khan.shtml

Last edited by HellaDumb; 01-07-2005 at 11:56 AM.
Old 01-07-2005, 12:53 PM
iClub Silver Vendor

Car Info: 2005 LGT wagon
It's very simple:

When a "minority" achieves the American Dream through hard work, it shoot's holes in the Democratic belief in relying on government for assistance.
Old 01-07-2005, 01:23 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2003 WRX, 2008 Camry
You know it's funny...

We have affirmative action so "greedy", "racist", "white neo-con" business (all stereotypes of "the man" and false oppression of the 50's) must hire a certain quota of minority individuals even if they aren't as qualified as other applicants. We do this so minorities have a chance to succeed when most smart business owners have always wanted the most qualified people of any race to make their company shine. At least every business owner I’ve come across in the modern world....

Then you take the same type of person and factor in the fact he's actually hiring people that may not be the best choices (debatable on certain traits) but are certainly qualified and smart enough for the job(s). They just can't compute this and automatically think it's a coverup for being a racist. It may very well be some type of petty coverup for the Bush administration but I guarantee you that Bush is confident enough and not losing ANY sleep knowing he's put competent, qualified people in the required positions.
Old 01-07-2005, 01:34 PM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by Oaf
It's very simple:

When a "minority" achieves the American Dream through hard work, it shoot's holes in the Democratic belief in relying on government for assistance.

It's true.

Then people within the same ethic group as the person who has achieved so much coin them as a "sellout." Just look at how some hypocritical black people look at Tiger Woods and Colin Powell.

edit: I know my last two posts don't tackle the entire article but they still fall into the same category.

Last edited by Salty; 01-07-2005 at 01:36 PM.
Old 01-08-2005, 02:25 AM

I swore I wouldn't post here again, but how many of you are minorities? Yeah thats what I thought.
Old 01-08-2005, 03:44 AM

Ad hominem
Old 01-08-2005, 08:41 AM

Car Info: 72 Vespa with curb feelers
Originally Posted by Unregistered
I swore I wouldn't post here again, but how many of you are minorities? Yeah thats what I thought.
I am a minority at my job. Most of my coworkers are from Europe, Asia, and India (and I work in the Silicon Valley).

Funny I don't think Asian countries and companies are going to have "affirmative action" programs for whites anytime soon.
Old 01-08-2005, 09:03 AM
VIP Member

It doesn't matter. The proof is in the large/growing amount of successful minorities we see and even you can't deny this.

Would you have the ***** to tell this to Colin Powell? He's done enough in one life as a minority to tell stories to ten sets of grandchildren. Yeah that’s what I thought.

Your arguments are so ****ing lame. Some of the top producing brokers in my company are minorities. One of the most successful is an extremely kind Indian man that owns enough real estate to fill five pages of a credit report. I know this because I do his deals. Other than that, there's a couple Asians and Black people that would laugh in your face because of your flawed 1950's mind set.

To be honest, this is the first time I’ve actually thought of them as “minorities” and I find it rather funny.
Old 01-08-2005, 09:06 AM
iClub Silver Vendor

Car Info: 2005 LGT wagon
Nice to see you back.
My family happens to be from Europe...so I guess you'd call me "white", although I think either "pasty white" or "pink", depending on the time of year.

I don't care what shade of color you happen to be, if you're qualified for the position I'm hiring for, you're in.
For what it's worth, I've experienced more problems with what others would consider "white trash" than with any other "group" of people.

You may have noticed that I used a lot of " " above; I don't like terms like white, black, minority, etc.
We're all "People."...it's just that some are more/less capable then the rest.
Old 01-08-2005, 09:21 AM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by Oaf
Nice to see you back.
My family happens to be from Europe...so I guess you'd call me "white", although I think either "pasty white" or "pink", depending on the time of year.

I don't care what shade of color you happen to be, if you're qualified for the position I'm hiring for, you're in.
For what it's worth, I've experienced more problems with what others would consider "white trash" than with any other "group" of people.

You may have noticed that I used a lot of " " above; I don't like terms like white, black, minority, etc.
We're all "People."...it's just that some are more/less capable then the rest.
I couldn't have said it better!

And for the record I am the same way about referring to the "XXXX" because I don't think of them as being different. But when I absolutely have to refer to them by race I try to avoid PC because it's pure horse ****.
Old 01-08-2005, 11:02 AM

Do any of you think their is still racist people? Of course their is, but that is a BROAD thing to say. But when Hella started this thread he said minorities HATED successful minorities. But since all of you are not minorities how can any of you say that in such general terms? Im a minority and a lot of my "white" friends call me rich, because of my family. None of my minority friends hate me. If anything a lot of minorities dislike (Hate is to strong a word.) successful minorities that throw away there ROOTS in search for that success that they achieved. Watch the movie "Mi Familia," it has j-stupid shaking her ***, it portrays at the end a son "selling" out from where he is from. And alot of minorities HATE them for it.
Old 01-08-2005, 11:09 AM

About the race thing. I look white for all intensive purposes, green eyes, white skin and black hair, but people all around have treated me differently because of this. I have tons of akward stories where people will say racist comments about mexicans and then I tell them Im hispanic. **** just this vacation when I went to denver I was out with a group of asians and my bestfriend who is white. They couldn't get the bartender to come over so they actually said half jokingly to my bestfriend to go get the bartender cause he is white. Two minutes later she went to him. My bestfriend told me this wasn't the first time this happened. Most of you that are white have not experienced this so I personally think its very hard for you to relate. Prove me wrong and I'll gladly accept.
Old 01-08-2005, 11:12 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: 1995 Impreza L
Do any of you think their is still racist people? Of course their is, but that is a BROAD thing to say. But when Hella started this thread he said minorities HATED successful minorities. But since all of you are not minorities how can any of you say that in such general terms? Im a minority and a lot of my "white" friends call me rich, because of my family. None of my minority friends hate me. If anything a lot of minorities dislike (Hate is to strong a word.) successful minorities that throw away there ROOTS in search for that success that they achieved. Watch the movie "Mi Familia," it has j-stupid shaking her ***, it portrays at the end a son "selling" out from where he is from. And alot of minorities HATE them for it.

Sorry, you need to go back and read the first post. He said that DEMOCRATS hated successful minorities. And the rest of what Salty and Oaf wrote was thier own filler to try to explain there take on this. Jealosy play a strong part in how some others potray you. I'm not very successful right now, but I get alot of rumors put out about me in my old "hood" simply because I "made it out".
Old 01-08-2005, 11:13 AM

Ummmm minorities for the most part ARE DEMOCRATS and hence....on top of that I know several very RICH minorities that came from the hood and what your experience is isn't usually the status quo. Shrug atleast in my part of the "hood". Oh and please read Salty's second post... what does it say?

-Edit- NUMBER 3

Last edited by Unregistered; 01-08-2005 at 11:17 AM.
Old 01-08-2005, 11:17 AM

Now off to install something in my older brothers new house.

Quick Reply: Why do democrats hate successful minorities?