Teh Politics Forum Rumors and lies and Teh Iraqi Info Minister and much much more...

This is why Bush will win.

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2004, 09:55 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2003 WRX, 2008 Camry
This is why Bush will win.

Everyone knows my stance on both candidates even though Bush will receive my vote based on the fact I believe he's the slightly better candidate.

Not only does Bush have the upper hand regarding the historical fact America has never abandoned a commander during a war -or- major conflict (correct me if i'm wrong), but he's considered a "man's man" among male voters.

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmp...hattheguyswant

George W. Bush has it down: the "bring 'em on" macho sensibility, the public swagger, even the quick-draw High Noon cowboy stride. Call it the testosterone factor. It's one reason Bush has maintained a strong appeal to white men throughout his presidency, especially in the South and Southwest. His lead among white men, in fact, has held steady at about 20 points nationally over Democratic challenger John Kerry (news - web sites) for months and, because of his projection of strength in the war on terror, may actually be increasing...

...What works for most white men (as opposed, for example, to African-American men, who evaluate the president in starkly different terms) is Bush's reputation as an "average guy," says a senior White House official--the opposite of what California Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger (news - web sites) famously calls "girlie men." Baker says Bush "has a down-to-earth quality that men find appealing. You know he won't slip off to a quiet place and strum a six-string guitar." And his support among white males has helped Bush open up a 52-to-43 percent lead over Kerry among likely voters, according to that Washington Post /ABC News poll.
Old 09-14-2004, 10:02 AM
iClub Silver Vendor

Car Info: 2005 LGT wagon
C'mon, Bush won because he stole Florida.
Old 09-14-2004, 10:03 AM

Car Info: '05 Crystal Grey Metallic WRX Sport Wagon
...exactly, BushJr is a fratboy-alcoholic-druggie...everyone's best friend, that gets all the girls and the guys want to be him...until everyone else graduates and he's left in his 7th year as an undergrad studying pottery (metaphore, I know Bush didn't do exactly that). So yeah, that's a good reason he'll get elected...but history will show that it sent our country on a downward spiral...you can all quote me in 5-10 years when we actually DO get over taken as the world's #1 power...
Old 09-14-2004, 10:14 AM

Car Info: 2000 2.5 RS
Yeah salty, you are seriously voting for the worst president in U.S. history. That of course is arbitrary, but if you just sit down and look at the numbers, its pretty rediculous. I'd vote for bush if he had that crazy swagger that like, vince vaughn had in "clay pidgeons", but he doesn't, he is a ****ing man-child and the fact that you are voting for him blows my ****ing mind - but whatever, thats your deal. I figure your the kind who will look back on it and refuse to accept that you voted for the man who was responsible for (insert global atrocity here), so i shouldnt expect you to open your eyes now.

Lookout, first thing i did at work when i got here is get into a fight with our lead environmental artist, so i'm on the offensive
Old 09-14-2004, 10:15 AM

Car Info: 98 Impreza Outback Sport
I've heard Bush say we will never win the win the war on terror- and I agree, because the enemy is everywhere in the world. So, following your logic Salty, he should be the president until he dies?

I believe that it is his 'gung ho' attitude that we need to get rid of. If you've taken a cultural anthropology class, you would have learned of ethnocentrism. Bush can only see one perspective- that may be good to 'get er done'- but will it be doing the right thing in the first place? With all of the animosity Bush has garnered from around the world, how can we re-elect him? How will the world react? We would most definitely be hated even more- with no chance to change that fact for another four years...

Bush comes off as a renegade- definitely not something the modern world needs. Didn't we just invade a country to depose a rogue leader? Take a look at ourselves.
Old 09-14-2004, 10:29 AM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by scoobsport98
So, following your logic Salty, he should be the president until he dies?
Care to elaborate on this seeing how I've never said the WOT was a battle that could be won?
Old 09-14-2004, 10:38 AM

Car Info: 2000 2.5 RS
Not only does Bush have the upper hand regarding the historical fact America has never abandoned a commander during a war -or- major conflict
So, what he's saying is that this is a conflict that has no end in sight, if one at all - so by your logic we should keep him until the war was over, or forever. They are already trying to delay the elections - do you really think that bush wouldnt at least attempt to ammend the 8 year limit? Am i getting too far into tin hat land?
Old 09-14-2004, 10:47 AM

Car Info: 04 Silver WRX Wagon
Bush himself conceded that there is no end to the "war on terror", a bogus term in and of itself (taking up arms against a twisted ideology? thats a new one to me!)

Thus, there will be no end to the Republican run in office!! Woohooo

:hears chants of 400 more years:
Old 09-14-2004, 10:48 AM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by constellation
So, what he's saying is that this is a conflict that has no end in sight, if one at all - so by your logic we should keep him until the war was over, or forever. They are already trying to delay the elections - do you really think that bush wouldnt at least attempt to ammend the 8 year limit? Am i getting too far into tin hat land?
Even though I don't have this logic (search for other relevant Salty posts on how we're fighting a state of mind), this is a lame point to bring up seeing how a President cannot serve more than an 8 year term and WWII generals eventually retired or went till the end of the war with either a win or loss on their record.
Old 09-14-2004, 10:49 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: 02 Impreza WRX Sedan & 2008 GMC Sierra 4x4
Bush will win because the Republican campaign uses fear to scare the American people into voting for him. The american people are so afraid now of getting attacked that all Bush has to do is start digging up 9/11 and people start to get scared. It is all a huge fear campaign - "If Kerry is elected we will get attacked again, but if Bush is elected it won't happen." Give me a friggin break. If the terrorists want to attack us, guess what?? THEY WILL. We have created so many enemies with the unecessary war that they now don't even have to recruit a terrorist anymore they are lining up.

We have to start being smarter about how we fight this so called war on terror. The military effort alone will not ever win this for us. We need to win the hearts and minds of the muslim people instead of alienating them with our horrible foreign policy and our even worse strike first attitude. If I have to hear that asshat dick cheney one more time, talk about how much safer we are with bush I may just puke. It laughable really coming from a guy that used every exemption possible to get out of going to war. I may have voted for the republican ticket if they dumped cheney and went with McCain. That would have been solid.
Old 09-14-2004, 11:04 AM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by SilverScoober02
Bush will win because the Republican campaign uses fear to scare the American people into voting for him. The american people are so afraid now of getting attacked that all Bush has to do is start digging up 9/11 and people start to get scared. It is all a huge fear campaign - "If Kerry is elected we will get attacked again, but if Bush is elected it won't happen." Give me a friggin break. If the terrorists want to attack us, guess what?? THEY WILL. We have created so many enemies with the unecessary war that they now don't even have to recruit a terrorist anymore they are lining up..
Not entirely true...

Although many individuals of the EU and Arab nations are against his ideals, they all agree on the fact that he's a stronger leader than Kerry... that's why people will be voting for him.

Originally Posted by SilverScoober02
We need to win the hearts and minds of the muslim people instead of alienating them with our horrible foreign policy and our even worse strike first attitude.
Remind me again on who struck first?!

This can't possibly be true because we never had this "gung-ho" attitude pre-9/11! Clinton was in office when Osama's plans went underway for the WTC strike in 1996 so what made them so mad at us then?

It has little to do with wining the hearts of the Muslim community when we're fighting religious radicals (the difference is night & day between the two groups). Even though some are upset on how we're handling the situation, they're just as mad at the these radical Muslims for belittling the Muslim faith and understand why Bush has taken vast measures as a strong leader.

Last edited by Salty; 09-14-2004 at 11:07 AM.
Old 09-14-2004, 11:20 AM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by Salty
Remind me again on who struck first?!
I guess I should have been more specific with that one. I agree on afghanistan fully. That was entirely justified after 9/11 but Iraq?

Remind me again when Iraq struck us first?

[sarcasm] Oh I forgot they were a real threat with all their WMD's! [/sarcasm]

The problem is we bought into the BS that Chalabi's INC was feeding us. He thought we would put him in power once we toppled the Saddam regime. We should have gotten our facts straight first before charging to war and further thinning our troops in other operations, and diverting attention from the real mission which should have been to find Osama and then deal with Iran and North Korea.

Last edited by SilverScoober02; 09-14-2004 at 11:26 AM.
Old 09-14-2004, 11:21 AM
VIP Member

George W. Bush has it down: the "bring 'em on" macho sensibility, the public swagger, even the quick-draw High Noon cowboy stride. Call it the testosterone factor. It's one reason Bush has maintained a strong appeal to white men throughout his presidency, especially in the South and Southwest.
That's exactly what I hate about Bush and I'm a white male. I think the president needs to be calm, cool and collected. He should weigh every option knowing that in his hands lie the lives of millions, even billions, of people. I don't want anyone who has a reputation for being a quick-draw. I want somebody who doesn't put off this holier-than-thou swagger Bush has. Why do you think the world hates the US so bad?

...What works for most white men ... Bush's reputation as an "average guy," ...
And call me crazy, but I think the president should be quite above-average.
Old 09-14-2004, 11:25 AM
VIP Member

Clinton was in office when Osama's plans went underway for the WTC strike in 1996 so what made them so mad at us then?
Actually, it was 1993. February 26, 1993.

Clinton was inaugurated January 20, 1993. A little over a month in office and he gets blamed for not stopping the bombing all the time by the media and right-wingers.
Old 09-14-2004, 11:27 AM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by njc200
Actually, it was 1993. February 26, 1993.

Clinton was inaugurated January 20, 1993. A little over a month in office and he gets blamed for not stopping the attacks all the time.
OOH I can't believe I didn't catch that one! Darnit!

Quick Reply: This is why Bush will win.