Go Back  i-Club > Open Topic Forums > Teh Politics Forum
White House Attacking Fox News... >

White House Attacking Fox News...

Notices
Teh Politics Forum Rumors and lies and Teh Iraqi Info Minister and much much more...

Old 10-19-2009, 05:06 PM

Car Info: Nadda

For the second week in a row, White House advisors were trash-talking Fox News on the Sunday news shows yesterday. Fox is “not really a news station,” said David Axelrod. Fox, said Rahm Emmanuel, “is is not a news organization so much as it has a perspective.”

A week ago, communications director Anita Dunn opened the White House offensive on Fox on a Sunday show, saying “Let’s not pretend they’re a news organization like CNN is.”

The reality of it is that Fox News often operates almost as either the research arm or the communications arm of the Republican Party. And it is not ideological… what I think is fair to say about Fox, and the way we view it, is that it is more of a wing of the Republican Party.”
http://opinionator.blogs.nytimes.com...9/fox-hunting/

#1) Talk about a poor tactic and noobness of a plan to attack a private organization due to "propaganda"

#2) "You're either with us or against us!" argument is horrible and idiotic.

#3) This feels extremely Chavez

#4) This has done the opposite effect, and indeed INCREASED Fox News viewers (already #1 news in the United States) even higher.

#5) Glenn Beck literally set up a phone line and gave the number to Anita Dunn and only to her. The idea is, if Beck gets anything wrong on his show, he wants her to call him immediately. She is in charge of watching Fox News in the Obama Administration. No ring on the Fox end.

#6) The fact that the White House assigned someone to try and pit people against Fox is absolutely non-government waste of $$ and shows a lot of immaturity in the white house.

#7) Is it Unpatriotic to not agree with the current Administration? Seems like they tag everyone who isn't with them with this scapegoat tactic.

#8) Whether you like FOX news or not, the White House has no business commenting on or restricting access for only certain media outlets. Shows that if it can happen to them, it can happen to anyone.
Old 10-19-2009, 07:35 PM

Car Info: 07 Wrx
Yea i agree with you too, but your talking about taking the high road. Still i find that to be pretty funny.
Old 10-19-2009, 11:14 PM

Car Info: .
Our government is a total circus, of course this is an 'important' issue.
Old 10-20-2009, 12:44 AM

Car Info: 2005 WRX - Stage 2 and EQ Tuned!
Glen Beck is a pile of ****. The government shouldn't interfere with anything, BUT it is News agencies should have some moral code for reporting. At least a LITTLE somethin somethin. Fox news is the worst media outlet ever... seriously.
Old 10-20-2009, 11:00 AM
iClub Silver Vendor

Car Info: 2005 LGT wagon
White House boasts: We 'control' news media

President Obama's presidential campaign focused on "making" the news media cover certain issues while rarely communicating anything to the press unless it was "controlled," White House Communications Director Anita Dunn disclosed to the Dominican government at a videotaped conference.

"Very rarely did we communicate through the press anything that we didn't absolutely control," said Dunn.

"One of the reasons we did so many of the David Plouffe videos was not just for our supporters, but also because it was a way for us to get our message out without having to actually talk to reporters," said Dunn, referring to Plouffe, who was Obama's chief campaign manager.

"We just put that out there and made them write what Plouffe had said as opposed to Plouffe doing an interview with a reporter. So it was very much we controlled it as opposed to the press controlled it," Dunn said.
Anita Dunn is the same "lady" that praised Chairman Mao.
Old 10-20-2009, 01:55 PM
Jin

Car Info: 05 CGM STi to be converted to RS
they sure dont have control over o'riley or beck.
Old 10-20-2009, 02:01 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: nonplussed
This is an idiot move by the administration. It will do nothing but end badly for them. Why in the world would they do this? *shakes head* Why would you get in a fight with/call out a GIGANTIC media company?
Old 10-20-2009, 02:02 PM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by iLoqin View Post
#2) "You're either with us or against us!" argument is horrible and idiotic.
hmm... where have I seen this before? It's not like it's a new tact.
Old 10-20-2009, 02:03 PM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by Turbo Rob View Post
Glen Beck is a pile of ****.
this.
Old 10-20-2009, 02:21 PM

Car Info: '02 WRX
Originally Posted by iLoqin View Post
http://opinionator.blogs.nytimes.com...9/fox-hunting/

#7) Is it Unpatriotic to not agree with the current Administration? Seems like they tag everyone who isn't with them with this scapegoat tactic.

#8) Whether you like FOX news or not, the White House has no business commenting on or restricting access for only certain media outlets. Shows that if it can happen to them, it can happen to anyone.
In response to #7: where do they mention anything about it being unpatriotic? They're expressing their opinion about fox news just as fox news expresses their opinion about the white house.

In response to #8: Where does it say that the white house doesn't fall under the 1st amendment? they are free to express their opinions just like you and I and Fox news are.

It seems to me like you are upset because you like fox news and the government is bad mouthing it.

however; my opinion is not unbiased either...I F***ing hate fox news
Old 10-20-2009, 02:43 PM
Jin

Car Info: 05 CGM STi to be converted to RS
Originally Posted by Redils16 View Post
In response to #7: where do they mention anything about it being unpatriotic? They're expressing their opinion about fox news just as fox news expresses their opinion about the white house.

In response to #8: Where does it say that the white house doesn't fall under the 1st amendment? they are free to express their opinions just like you and I and Fox news are.

It seems to me like you are upset because you like fox news and the government is bad mouthing it.

however; my opinion is not unbiased either...I F***ing hate fox news
i concur