Teh Politics Forum Rumors and lies and Teh Iraqi Info Minister and much much more...

How Fox News proliferates terrorism

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2005, 04:43 PM

Car Info: 04 Silver WRX Wagon
How Fox News proliferates anti-American sentiment

I was travelling around the small Central American country of Belize last month with my wife on our honeymoon. We noticed that many businesses had Fox News on their televisions. The locals, as well as many foreiners, watched it the way they would watch Jerry Springer: equally enthralled and disturbed all at once.

The view that they get from Americans based on this news channel proliferates anti-American sentiment. After travelling abroad for close to a month and carrying on great conversations with liberals and conservatives from all over the place, it was a bummer to see the beligerence on Fox News. There is no dialogue--only diatribes.

I understand that the media in and of itself is biased to some degree or another, and I am not trying to single out Fox. But when we wonder why people loathe us (and looking beyond our foreign policies), we should focus more attention on these outlets that taint the American image and, arguably, the American way.

Last edited by dub2w; 07-11-2005 at 10:51 AM.
Old 07-07-2005, 05:41 PM

Car Info: 72 Vespa with curb feelers
Originally Posted by dub2w
There is no dialogue--only diatribes.
That statement qualifies your lack of objectivity about as much as me calling the left a bunch of scum sucking, liberal America-haters (when in actuality only the extreme left are .

Are you trying to say that Fox news, the only large conservative-leaning news network is the main one people tune in overseas? That whole premise is ludicrous. I'd suggest they tune in CNN if they want the U.S. portrayed as a bunch of pantywaists.

I'd say MTV proliferates terrorism more than any other media. Even liberals regard rap music as torture.... you know that, right?

Last edited by HellaDumb; 07-07-2005 at 05:47 PM.
Old 07-07-2005, 05:51 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2003 WRX, 2008 Camry
But when we wonder why people loathe us (and looking beyond our foreign policies), we should focus more attention on these outlets that taint the American image and, arguably, the American way.
You just let MVWRX out of the bag on this one, didn't you?

These countries loath us but rely on our breaking coverage and news of the globe that nobody else can provide to them. These countries loath us but demand/expect charity when they're in need or distress. These countries loath us but just can't seem to drink enough Coca-Cola and eat enough McDonalds. It's all laughable in the end.

I agree with you but what are we to do it is the problem. I have a few suggestions much like my ideas regarding wartime journalism that you and I covered in a past thread. MVWRX will be around shortly to tell us about free speech rights and censorship measures in other parts of the globe.

Last edited by Salty; 07-07-2005 at 06:03 PM.
Old 07-07-2005, 07:11 PM

Car Info: '05 Crystal Grey Metallic WRX Sport Wagon
I wish there was some substance here for me to post on, as Salty has requested so subversivly, but to be honest there is nothing to contribute to this. I don't think dub2w was saying we should censor our TV programs abroad though. I think he meant that we should pay more attention to requirements for truth (as opposed to opinion and heresay) on news programs.
Old 07-07-2005, 11:16 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 03 WRX
News is news. You can talk about the lame *** comentators all you want, every channel has a set of biased talking heads. Ie. Katie Curic, Ron Reagan, Judy Woodruff, Christianne Amanpour, Chris Mathews etc.. Some aren't as blatently abrasive as O'rieley but everyone already knows he's self ritchous, arrogent and pompus.

Point is you Know what you're gonna get when you watch fox, nothing is hidden or disguised.
Old 07-08-2005, 07:05 AM
iClub Silver Vendor

Car Info: 2005 LGT wagon
To say that "Fox News proliferates terrorism" is to say that a woman deserves to be raped on account of her "slutty" appearance.
Old 07-08-2005, 08:44 AM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by Oaf
To say that "Fox News proliferates terrorism" is to say that a woman deserves to be raped on account of her "slutty" appearance.
I agree.

I also agree with MVWRX in a sense. We've discussed the media in different topics but I think it still applies here. If anything, we should clean up the airwaves just so our own viewers aren't fed a constant stream of negative/disturbing crap. That should be the priority over thinking about other countries first. They'll pick-up out airwaves anyways. But what can I say? Unfortunately, controversy sells.
Old 07-08-2005, 01:48 PM

Car Info: 02 Silver WRX sedan. Eibach springs, Blitz NUR cat back, Rota 17" Attacks, Cobb AccessPort/DP
"The view that they get from Americans based on this news channel proliferates anti-American sentiment."

LOL. That's why everyone and their mother wants to get into the U.S. For every person that has been granted citizenship there are 100 more trying to gain it. That's most likely a conservative figure...lol. To the world, America still is the symbol for freedom. It is also the symbol of power and for that there will always be those that hate us. Only one top dog ata time,...right now it's us.

It's like looking at a hollywood actor. Rich, famous, good looking, and gets all the gals. I'd trade shoes in a heartbeat. But of course, just to make myself feel better I'll put them down every chance I get,..."F*ck'n Actors" (T.A.W.P.).
Old 07-08-2005, 09:28 PM

Car Info: 04 Silver WRX Wagon
^^ huh???

your logic must be far superior, cause I dont know how you draw the claim I made to your own. is Fox News a symbol of America?????
Old 07-08-2005, 11:48 PM
VIP Member

^^ huh???

your logic must be far superior, cause I dont know how you draw the claim I made to your own.
What part don't you understand? Try using individual quotes to make your specific points.

is Fox News a symbol of America?????
Freedom of speach is, In a truly free society we have many points of view besides a government controlled media, it can be conservative or liberal.

Last edited by VIBEELEVEN; 07-08-2005 at 11:52 PM.
Old 07-10-2005, 02:51 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 08 sti
Originally Posted by HellaDumb
That statement qualifies your lack of objectivity about as much as me calling the left a bunch of scum sucking, liberal America-haters (when in actuality only the extreme left are .

Are you trying to say that Fox news, the only large conservative-leaning news network is the main one people tune in overseas? That whole premise is ludicrous. I'd suggest they tune in CNN if they want the U.S. portrayed as a bunch of pantywaists.

I'd say MTV proliferates terrorism more than any other media. Even liberals regard rap music as torture.... you know that, right?

living up to your name yet again...

the fact that it does lean to one side only proves his point..
Old 07-10-2005, 02:53 PM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by VIBEELEVEN
News is news. You can talk about the lame *** comentators all you want, every channel has a set of biased talking heads. Ie. Katie Curic, Ron Reagan, Judy Woodruff, Christianne Amanpour, Chris Mathews etc.. Some aren't as blatently abrasive as O'rieley but everyone already knows he's self ritchous, arrogent and pompus.

Point is you Know what you're gonna get when you watch fox, nothing is hidden or disguised.

news is not just news..

news is the facts

news is not shouting your side of a veiw over another person then calling for their mic to be killed once they show you the fool..

that is not news, that is newsertainment

americans think fox is a journalistic entity, it isnt, in fact it is FAR FROM IT. Do they have some journalists? i am sure they do, but they keep they locked away far out of sight.

fox news = the E of news networks...
Old 07-10-2005, 07:58 PM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by dr3d1zzl3
news is the facts
Hahaha. You give the media far too much credit. Fox news isn't that bad. In fact, no news organization is that bad (except al Jazzera). So it's geared toward the right when every other syndicate is geared toward the left-center. Why do you care? They still report on the facts like everyone else. It’s just that they report on stories that appeal more to the right with a conservative flair. If Fox can target a certain market then it’s good business. Their commercials will be for the "new" Dodge, John Deere and NASCAR while MSNBC will have Starbucks, Apple, Tampex, Charmin and Monistat commercials.

Last edited by Salty; 07-10-2005 at 08:05 PM.
Old 07-10-2005, 09:25 PM
VIP Member

i beg to differ greatly on this topic..

i dont see aljeezera and fox being different at all, in fact i see them playing the same game.

One difference i know of at least ONE half decent reporter from al jeezera (dont know if he is still with him, but there was a documentary on him done)

both fox and the raging raghead network (ohh that hurts) play to their respective crowds.
Old 07-10-2005, 09:57 PM
VIP Member

that is not news, that is newsertainment

I think I just said that in my previous post. You can't just say it's fox, it is all of cable news

i dont see aljeezera and fox being different at all, in fact i see them playing the same game.

One difference i know of at least ONE half decent reporter from al jeezera (dont know if he is still with him, but there was a documentary on him done)
:rotfl: except for the fact that one advocates sawing your head off with a dull spoon

Quick Reply: How Fox News proliferates terrorism