Teh Politics Forum Rumors and lies and Teh Iraqi Info Minister and much much more...

What you can do to Help! Please read..

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2004, 01:50 PM

What you can do to Help! Please read..

They say that "youth is wasted on the young" When you have the energy to do the most,
too many people chose to be apathetic and lazy. The old ****ers that run the system love it that way.
They love that young people spend hours online gossiping instead of going outside and having meaningful
conversations with each other. They love that you sit on your couch and watch televised "real" life instead of
going outside and living real life. They love that you assume world problems will never make it to your street and
that someone out there has it all under control. They love it when you dont ask questions. They love that the few
young people that question authority and go againist the grain and are outcasts with ****ed up hairstyles, no money..
no facts, no education.....

Is there a major difference between the mainstream American left and right wing parties? In my opinion, regarding a few
important issues, yes;but overall, no. Is George Bush the source of all of our problems? No, but Bush's track record
includes stacking the Supreme Court with reactionary, back-sliding, uber conservatives who beleive individuals have no
personal freedoms(abortion rights will be first on there list), re-instating the draft(the legislation has already been introduced)
,invading North Korea and Syria and Iran, even more tax cuts for the rich, and the end of all important enviromental regulation
and social programs. Do it for the world, your family, yourself!..
Knowledge is Power... Arm Yourself.................VOTE.
Old 08-09-2004, 01:54 PM

Car Info: 04 Silver WRX Wagon
right on brother! apathy is indeed our greatest enemy
Old 08-09-2004, 02:55 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2003 WRX, 2008 Camry
I didn't know MTV's 'rock the vote' spammed I-club.

Knowledge is Power as long as it's from an unbiased source. If you're planning on voting make sure you're voting for the greater good, not because of "dubya's" inability to speak eloquently.
Old 08-09-2004, 03:21 PM

Dont talk to me about "rock the vote".

Trust me if i knew or even thought that Americans would choose to "not vote"
I would be the first to promote the idea.

But that will never happen(at least in our lifetime)

I'm gonna take what I can get- the better of two evils..

You guys are a little harsh, maybe you should join the hammerskins. chill out
Old 08-09-2004, 03:29 PM

jdm... in re-reading my post I could see how you may have mistaken it as sarcastic. but you bring up a great point. the youth has been partially swallowed up by the void that is TV, the internet, gaming, etc...
Old 08-09-2004, 04:05 PM

Car Info: 72 Vespa with curb feelers
Originally Posted by dub2w
jdm... in re-reading my post I could see how you may have mistaken it as sarcastic. but you bring up a great point. the youth has been partially swallowed up by the void that is TV, the internet, gaming, etc...
I can see how the MTV youth are sold a line so they'll grow up to be useless cogs in a wheel, and will vote for whatever democrat is running for office regardless of that person's attributes.

Trust me... the older you get, the more you'll become a conservative.
Old 08-09-2004, 04:16 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2003 WRX, 2008 Camry
Originally Posted by jdmgary
They say that "youth is wasted on the young" When you have the energy to do the most,
too many people chose to be apathetic and lazy. The old ****ers that run the system love it that way.
They love that young people spend hours online gossiping instead of going outside and having meaningful
conversations with each other. They love that you sit on your couch and watch televised "real" life instead of
going outside and living real life. They love that you assume world problems will never make it to your street and
that someone out there has it all under control. They love it when you dont ask questions. They love that the few
young people that question authority and go againist the grain and are outcasts with ****ed up hairstyles, no money..
no facts, no education.....

Is there a major difference between the mainstream American left and right wing parties? In my opinion, regarding a few
important issues, yes;but overall, no. Is George Bush the source of all of our problems? No, but Bush's track record
includes stacking the Supreme Court with reactionary, back-sliding, uber conservatives who beleive individuals have no
personal freedoms(abortion rights will be first on there list), re-instating the draft(the legislation has already been introduced)
,invading North Korea and Syria and Iran, even more tax cuts for the rich, and the end of all important enviromental regulation
and social programs. Do it for the world, your family, yourself!..
Knowledge is Power... Arm Yourself.................VOTE.

First of all, you need to read the forum rules before getting offended, George Bernard Shaw.

Second, you post a spam-like message in the political forum like we don't already know the importance of voting. You'd think that those of us actively participating in said forum wouldn't need a lecture on rocking the vote, right? I'm no super genius, but I think you'd make more of an impact if you posted in -any- other forum besides this one... even if only 10 non-politically active members viewed it before being dumpstered.

Third, what the tidbit (I wouldn't call it an article because of the lack of sentence structure, grammar and credibility) suggests on Bush's "track record" is false... G.W. Bush hasn't appointed a single Supreme Court Justice nor has Bush ever invaded North Korea, Syria and Iran.

Just so you know what a track record is:

Track Record (noun)- the sum of recognized accomplishments; past history of performance.

75% of these "accomplishments" you mention have never happened so your entire post means absolutely dick and I think you should take your own advice:

Knowledge is Power...
Speak for yourself, jdmgary... I think you should start by looking in the mirror regarding this quote:

Trust me if i knew or even thought that Americans would choose to "not vote" I would be the first to promote the idea.
Which leads me back to -my- initial post:

Originally Posted by Salty
I didn't know MTV's 'rock the vote' spammed I-club.

Knowledge is Power as long as it's from an unbiased source. If you're planning on voting make sure you're voting for the greater good, not because of "dubya's" inability to speak eloquently.

Welcome to Teh Politics Forum

Last edited by Salty; 08-09-2004 at 04:31 PM.
Old 08-09-2004, 04:33 PM

Car Info: 2000 2.5 RS
Trust me... the older you get, the more you'll become a conservative.
Well, as you get older you typically dont like to think about things as exaustive as politics, so taking the conservative line is always the easiest. Luckily, you will have age on your side which you can present as wisdom to people who don't know better. I know alot of old conservatives who are simply close minded and scared of the world, and i know alot of old liberals who are unrealistic and idealistic. Hopefully you didnt mean that the conservative party was the "wise" party, because both parties have their neurosis.
Old 08-09-2004, 05:13 PM

First off I typed it up in a couple minutes because i liked it.

Dont welcome me to the "politics forum" or whatever.

30 Salty you seem like a very intelligent and informed year old with a wife, a kid, and maybe a subaru.

Second, actually I dont really care that much
What started as a simple quote(whatever you wanna call it)
You ran it into the ground with attitude, dork.

You must like hearing your right, SO, Salty you are RIGHT.

Chill out man, you might hurt yourself

Peace..(wait, can I say that)
Old 08-09-2004, 06:00 PM

sky, falling, etc
Old 08-09-2004, 06:04 PM

go to cafe press to be amused by even more right wing delusions