Teh Politics Forum Rumors and lies and Teh Iraqi Info Minister and much much more...

What is screwing up our society?

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2005, 11:37 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 03 WRX
What is screwing up our society the most?

Like it says, what do you think is currently screwing up our country the most, thoughts please

1) The current administration of the executive branch

2) Screwball judges and greedy, dishonest and immoral attorneys

3) The media (this would include cable news, local yokels and talk radio)

4) The entertainment industry (MTV, VH1, gangsta rap, reality television and tabloid productions that cater to the groupies whose lives are too lame so they have to turn to the latest garbage about Brad and Angelina in order to get some sort of satisfaction)

5) Parents who raise lazy a$$ kids (this would be the generation whose parents constantly make excuses for thier children instead of letting them learn to live up to thier responsibilites and have been telling them since they were born that thier farts smell like perfume)

Last edited by VIBEELEVEN; 07-17-2005 at 11:45 PM.
Old 07-18-2005, 08:42 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2003 WRX, 2008 Camry
This subject is very broad. This is why I kept this thread and dumpstered the one with the poll. I think it has more to #5 than anything on that list accompanied with a very diluted PC, cowardly, irresponsible society we've come accustomed to.

#1 through 4 need not apply. It all starts with raising your spoiled *****-boy child. You want to know how to keep your child away from #1 through 4 (and even #5)? Parenting. A simple and forgotten concept.

When you hear your grandparents talk about the good ole days you may think it's relative to the times. I'd say you're partially correct. There's no doubt the G.I. and Silent generations would give our current society a swift kick in the ***.

I think history will repeat itself because our youth will become so diluted and passive that they’ll crave discipline. This craving will be passed down in their children in the sense that they don’t want to bring-up their children the way they were brought-up.

Last edited by Salty; 07-18-2005 at 08:45 AM.
Old 07-18-2005, 09:31 AM

Car Info: 72 Vespa with curb feelers
Exclamation

Q: What is screwing up our society?

Society: def: A group of humans broadly distinguished from other groups by mutual interests, participation in characteristic relationships, shared institutions, AND A COMMON CULTURE.

My top 3:
1) Legislation from the bench (overturning majority votes like Prop 187)
Activist judges often overrule majority vote and will of the people with their twisted agendas. They will often throw out legislation that has overwhelmingly passed in a general or special election, such as Prop 187, definition of marriage amendments, etc.

2) Illegal Immigration- financial and social cost....
You can't even get to the "bad parenting" with them because the parents aren't even here legally, and most don't read, write, or speak english well (if at all).

3) Too much legal immigration from countries with cultures that are in conflict with ours....Some want the US to look like the world and the UN demographically.
It is a fact that most immigrants are not assimilating into our society, but forming groups that stay segregated.
Diversity=Difference. Difference causes conflict.

4) Insane fixation with diversity...

We are united by common culture, which includes values, religion, and language.
Take that all away and what do you have? Just one big, bad neighborhood. How do high rates of immigration support or society, and as the definition says, "mutual interests, participation in characteristic relationships, shared institutions, and a common culture?" It doesn't.

Diversity causes differing characteristic relationships (i.e. views regarding the role of women), differing faith systems (i.e. thinking Jews and Christians should be slaughtered like sheep), and differing cultures. Again, such differences cause conflict.

Last edited by HellaDumb; 07-18-2005 at 11:30 AM.
Old 07-18-2005, 11:52 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: 03 WRX
Originally Posted by Salty
#1 through 4 need not apply. It all starts with raising your spoiled *****-boy child. You want to know how to keep your child away from #1 through 4 (and even #5)? Parenting. A simple and forgotten concept.
That was my take as well, I just wanted to see what everybody thought and how many would actually blame the media and the government.

I think 4 and 5 kinda go hand in hand though, IMO irresponsible parents are to blame for thier kids idolizing ill behaved celebrities, gangsters and drug dealers. If most of these thuglets had a family whom actually taught them the difference between right and wrong, I'm sure many of them would recoil from these typrs of people and seek more positive influences(hopefully not ballplayers with anger managment issues ).
Old 07-18-2005, 12:19 PM

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by HellaDumb

Society: def: A group of humans broadly distinguished from other groups by mutual interests, participation in characteristic relationships, shared institutions, AND A COMMON CULTURE.

My top 3:
Activist judges often overrule majority vote and will of the people with their twisted agendas. They will often throw out legislation that has overwhelmingly passed in a general or special election, such as Prop 187, definition of marriage amendments, etc.

You can't even get to the "bad parenting" with them because the parents aren't even here legally, and most don't read, write, or speak english well (if at all).

3) Too much legal immigration from countries with cultures that are in conflict with ours....Some want the US to look like the world and the UN demographically.
It is a fact that most immigrants are not assimilating into our society, but forming groups that stay segregated.

Take that all away and what do you have? Just one big, bad neighborhood. How do high rates of immigration support or society, and as the definition says, "mutual interests, participation in characteristic relationships, shared institutions, and a common culture?" It doesn't.

Diversity causes differing characteristic relationships (i.e. views regarding the role of women), differing faith systems (i.e. thinking Jews and Christians should be slaughtered like sheep), and differing cultures. Again, such differences cause conflict.
Man, I love me.
Old 07-18-2005, 12:26 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2003 WRX, 2008 Camry
hahahaha
Old 07-18-2005, 05:12 PM

Car Info: '05 Crystal Grey Metallic WRX Sport Wagon
Thumbs up

Man, I love me.

That's been obvious for a long time now.
Old 07-18-2005, 05:54 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 02WRXpseudoSTiWannabeWagon
I don't think we're screwed up, or more specifically, I think that we are the least screwed up polity in the history of mankind.

Sure, there are many things that I take issue with. Everyone has their opinion, so I won't go into that, but on the whole, I think the USA trumps any other country.

My opinion, I think, is best characterized by this: I took an oath that I am very serious about where I swore that I'd uphold and defend the Constitution of the United States. Do I agree with everything within the Constitution? Eh, maybe not, but the sum of the parts I agree with as well as support and defend...vehemently. What I love about it is that if I don't agree with something in it, I have the ability to work hard towards changing it, which is very possible for an 'everyman' like myself.
Old 07-18-2005, 09:27 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 08 sti
pussies.. they are ****ing everything up...
Old 07-18-2005, 09:59 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 02WRXpseudoSTiWannabeWagon
Yeah, and chicks got a ****ing monopoly on them....that and half of all the money.
Old 07-19-2005, 10:25 AM

My top 3:

Great post!
Old 07-20-2005, 10:02 AM

Great post!
...if you really think diversity is f***ing up our society, why is society now better off than it was in the dark ages (which it is) when back then there was virtually no diversity compared to now. You're a zenophobe, and that's not good for you or for society.
Old 07-20-2005, 12:08 PM

Originally Posted by MVWRX
...if you really think diversity is f***ing up our society, why is society now better off than it was in the dark ages (which it is) when back then there was virtually no diversity compared to now. You're a zenophobe, and that's not good for you or for society.
Check it:

Xenophobia:
Fear or contempt for that which is foreign, especially of strangers or foreign peoples.

Which part of the following don't you agree with:

"We are united by common culture, which includes values, religion, and language.

Diversity causes differing characteristic relationships (i.e. views regarding the role of women), differing faith systems (i.e. thinking Jews and Christians should be slaughtered like sheep), and differing cultures. Again, such differences cause conflict."

What's different with today's high rate of immigration from earlier in the last century? Common culture. People came here and learned to speak English. They learned to work together and they assimilated into our SOCIETY.

Ever noticed that some immigrants mix (inter-marry), yet others don't? The American SOCIETY has typically been open minded and tolerant, but what about the people that are coming here? Are they tolerant and open-minded? I'd suggest that the increasing self-segregation of these groups are pointing to failure in our immigration planning. We want immigrants here to support the tax base and industry, but we also seek groups that can be integrated in our society.

Last edited by HellaDumb; 07-20-2005 at 12:22 PM.
Old 07-20-2005, 12:52 PM

Your little diatribe is perfectly situated right after the definition of xenaphobe as a perfect example.

The part I don't agree with is your overall statement that diversity=differences=dispute. At one point, your 'theory' about diversity was put to the test in Germany, see they thought arians would be better if they only had to deal with other arians...they were very wrong, and as it turns out diversity IS good.
I can see your point that a community should have common ground, but a diverse community can be just as solidified and healthy as a homogenious one. If you don't see that I suggest you move out of CA before spreading your germ-ridden, biggoted seed around our beutiful state.
Old 07-20-2005, 01:00 PM

Xenophobia:
Fear or contempt for that which is foreign, especially of strangers or foreign peoples.

It's funny that you try to refute the fact that your xenaphobic by telling me what it means. Look at your list of 4 'problems'...half of them are pertaining to your fear/contempt of various immigrant groups.

Quick Reply: What is screwing up our society?