Teh Politics Forum Rumors and lies and Teh Iraqi Info Minister and much much more...

We're Sorry for 9-11

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2004, 06:10 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2002 Honda S2000
We're Sorry for 9-11

I saw this article.....so here it is talk about it

http://cnn.aimtoday.cnn.com/news/wor...e=muslim_group
Old 09-11-2004, 06:18 PM

Car Info: 02 WRX wagon=dead; rollin' in a Craptastic Camry!
From the article:

"Only moderate Muslims can challenge and defeat extremist Muslims. We can no longer afford to be silent. If we remain silent to the extremism within our community then we should not expect anyone to listen to us when we complain of stereotyping and discrimination by non-Muslims; we should not be surprised when the world treats all of us as terrorists; we should not be surprised when we are profiled at airports.

Simply put, not only do Muslims need to join the war against terror, we need to take the lead in this war. "

I have been telling my Muslim friends this for three years. I believe it is true. Muslims must take the lead in this fight, and stop making excuses or burying their head in the sand.
Old 09-11-2004, 09:34 PM
VIP Member

^^^
Ditto that's what I think and agree with the article totally
Old 09-12-2004, 09:49 AM
250,000-mile Club President

Car Info: MBP 02 WRX wagon
Funny thing is, the web site that posted it is put together by a republican webmaster:

http://kurtnimmo.com/blog/index.php?p=308

"we discover that the FreeMuslims domain is not registered to an Iranian mullah or somebody with a Muslim surname but instead to one Jim Huber, “the founder of Huberspace, a web development company specializing in law firms, conservative campaigns and organizations,” according to Huberspace.net. “Before starting his firm, Jim honed his skills in political web development at Washington Webworks, LLC, where he designed sites for political campaigns and political organizations. A sample of clients include Elizabeth Dole for President, George Allen for Senate, Demaris Miller for Congress, Jay Katzen for Lieutenant Governor (Virginia), and the Republican National Committee.”

In other words, the FreeMuslim apology – or rather a demand that millions of Muslims apologize for something most of them have nothing to do with – was christened by a Republican who worked for Elizabeth Dole and the RNC. "

more food for thought, and discussion
Old 09-13-2004, 07:47 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2003 WRX, 2008 Camry
Originally Posted by psoper
Funny thing is, the web site that posted it is put together by a republican webmaster:
Who cares if the webmaster is Dr. Seuss?!

The following quote is logical regradless of political standpoint. It's also something i've agreed with and mentioned here before:

Originally Posted by BlingBlingBlue
From the article:

"Only moderate Muslims can challenge and defeat extremist Muslims. We can no longer afford to be silent. If we remain silent to the extremism within our community then we should not expect anyone to listen to us when we complain of stereotyping and discrimination by non-Muslims; we should not be surprised when the world treats all of us as terrorists; we should not be surprised when we are profiled at airports.

Simply put, not only do Muslims need to join the war against terror, we need to take the lead in this war. "

I have been telling my Muslim friends this for three years. I believe it is true. Muslims must take the lead in this fight, and stop making excuses or burying their head in the sand.
Old 09-13-2004, 08:21 AM
250,000-mile Club President

Car Info: MBP 02 WRX wagon
my point is only that it seems strange for a republican operative to apologize on behalf of "muslims wordwide".

Would you as a christian apologize for any- (much less all) atrocities committed by people in the name of christ? (sorry if you don't profess to be a christian, but think about it- just because someone shares your belief in no way gives you any responsibility for their actions)

That would be one thing, but this is even weirder, this is more like some eskimo apologizing on behalf of the Khmer Rouge for the crimes of Pol Pot.

But hey, its good to have you back Salty, between you being out and helladumb being on time-out, its been kinda slow round these parts.
Old 09-13-2004, 01:50 PM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by psoper
my point is only that it seems strange for a republican operative to apologize on behalf of "muslims wordwide".

Would you as a christian apologize for any- (much less all) atrocities committed by people in the name of christ? (sorry if you don't profess to be a christian, but think about it- just because someone shares your belief in no way gives you any responsibility for their actions)

That would be one thing, but this is even weirder, this is more like some eskimo apologizing on behalf of the Khmer Rouge for the crimes of Pol Pot.

But hey, its good to have you back Salty, between you being out and helladumb being on time-out, its been kinda slow round these parts.
I see your points but, IMO i think it's alittle different. First off who cares if it was a Republican, if it was a Democrat would that be bad too? Thing is who cares, but the there is a very strong tie between islam and terrorism, now I'm not saying it's all muslims are bad.....but the thing is what the article stated, was that muslims need to rise up and fight too, I think it's been too long that their countries have allowed terrorism to happen under their noses and not standing up for what is right, the muslims need to unite to fight back and make their countries better, and stop the America is the devil crap, don't get me wrong again, not all people do this but there is a good amount. now.....it would be great if America, Muslims, and many others to unite as a world against these A**holes and take out terrorism, it's time all the world unite and stand up for what is right.