Teh Politics Forum Rumors and lies and Teh Iraqi Info Minister and much much more...

Welp.. the world thinks we are jackasses..

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2006, 03:55 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 08 sti
Welp.. the world thinks we are jackasses..

and the "proof"

http://pewglobal.org/reports/pdf/252.pdf
Old 09-01-2006, 04:29 PM

Car Info: 2002 WRX
on that first poll Indonesia was one of the lowest!!! They should be sucking the air out of our butts for giving them more money than thier country is worth when the typhoon hit. Ungrateful tools. I can see why alot of countries don't like us though. I don't like the majority of the people I come in contact with on a daily basis.

Another part of the problem is the media. They only show or print things that get the ratings so they show the bad stuff on the news and print the bad stuff in the papers. Our news is very censored and we only see the bad things that happen. If you saw news about America in other countries it's way worse causing us to look like neadrathals running around killing people and raping. They also see shows like jackass where stupid people do stupid things and they get the idea that we all do that.

Last edited by Jakes02; 09-01-2006 at 04:34 PM.
Old 09-01-2006, 10:52 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: Ver IV STi Wagon
Screw them and what they think....you know that WE will be the first one's they come begging to when the **** hits their fan.
Old 09-05-2006, 06:39 PM

Car Info: 2007 Nissan Frontier
Originally Posted by RedStage
Screw them and what they think.....
Ignorance is bliss.

Last edited by Magish; 09-05-2006 at 06:44 PM.
Old 09-05-2006, 09:29 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: Ver IV STi Wagon
No...you simply don't understand what I mean.

I didn't vote for the current administration....

All the countries that despise us, always come begging at our door step any time a disaster or emergency happens. Even get mad when we don't help as much as they want.

So they are entitled to their lowly opinions of us....but damn I'm sick of how quickly they love us again when they need us.

I'm in the Military and have been there several times answering the call of another countries needs, only to see a few months later where that country will trash talk the US as soon as they no longer need us.

I just think that what they say about the US has no bearing on anything (therefore "Screw it") because we will always take that crap and help them out, even at our own countries expense.
Old 09-05-2006, 11:25 PM

Angry ^^^ I concur

Our military is the worlds police force. I find this very sad when a country won't help itself but will gladly take all the money, supplies and troops that we provide. America gives hand out to everyone outside of it's borders but we have veterans sitting on the side of the road with a shopping cart(sometimes thier own doing) and low income families living without food,water,shelter,etc. But all be damned if I don't see some SUV's with 22's sitting in front of government assisted housing or outside the welfare office. Too bad we can't fix our problems in the U.S. before we provide countries with anything and everything they want.

Our military sacrifices so much and gets nothing in return except the occasional court martial for misconduct in a time of war. How are you going to charge a soldier for killing someone in a time of war (civilian or military)and how is ANYONE that has not been in that position given the right to judge what happens.

The American public is the first to raise thier arms and complain when one of our soldiers does not treat a prisoner like a king or they shoot a civilian while defending themselves. They complain about the treatment that terrorists recieve while they are detained at Guantanimo while our soldiers get tortured and killed. These are the same americans that held up signs at soldiers' funerals calling them killers and the devil etc. etc.

I know I know, they have the right to free speech! but then again did they fight to protect those freedoms? To top it off Iraqi's are complaining about us being in thier country!! WTF!! Let Saddam go back to Iraq and take control again, they will be killed!! They have NO right to complain about Saddam and U.S. troops. You can complain about one OR the other NOT both. You can't have your cake and eat it too!!

I have been in the Navy for over 9 years and when this enlistment is up(little over 2 years) I will be leaving at my 12 year point. I have no desire to stick it out and retire or stay in the U.S. for that matter. I will be moving to Canada or Guam(a U.S. territory but far away from the political crap)

Well, I'm sure I'll catch hell for this one.

Last edited by Jakes02; 09-06-2006 at 03:06 AM.
Old 09-05-2006, 11:47 PM

Oh and yeah SCREW THEM!