Teh Politics Forum Rumors and lies and Teh Iraqi Info Minister and much much more...

It wasn't flushed down a toilet, but...

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2005, 04:40 PM

Car Info: '05 Crystal Grey Metallic WRX Sport Wagon
It wasn't flushed down a toilet, but...

http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=stor...mo_bay_quran_2

Hmmm....
Old 06-03-2005, 04:55 PM

Car Info: 02 Silver WRX sedan. Eibach springs, Blitz NUR cat back, Rota 17" Attacks, Cobb AccessPort/DP
Question Third world country = third world mind

Originally Posted by MVWRX
I love the U.S. and I love our flag. If some were to stand in front of me and burn my flag, I might kick some ***. Sure I'd go to jail, but damn would it feel good while I'm kick'n ***. Now lets just say that person was in boogywoogy (a country I just made up). And I saw on T.V. a Boogywooganese soldier or citizen burn my flag. I'm not going to think for an instant that that boogywooganese represents all boogywooganese. I'm just going to dismiss him/her as an individual idiot and forget about it. I'm not going to go rioting in the streets and cause mass hysteria until people die. Even if someone declared a holy war on my mother, I wouldn't go incite a riot and cause a mob scene to the point where people are dying.

To actually go out and kill (in the case of the flushing of the book down the toilet incident) or get killed rioting...that's crazy. It was just a news article???? I don't get it....it's crazy I tell ya....
Old 06-03-2005, 05:00 PM

I agree, it's crazy to go on a rampage because of what someone did to a book that contains everything you've ever believed in.
Of course, I think it's crazy to believe everything in a book written thousands of years ago with very little proof to support the statements in the book in the first place. I guess we're all crazy in some way, huh.

The riots were not caused by Koran desecration, the White House even admitted the Muslim riots were about unrelated issues.

Furthermore, I would say Newsweek's name should be de-soiled. They may have said 'flushed down the toilet', but the article points out some desecration that's just as bad. I don't think they lied, but it seems as though their source may have exagerated some things. Bottom line, however, is that the US military did have a problem with troops desecrating the Koran at GB, and Newsweek's name got dragged through the mud because the military denied it when it was published.

Last edited by MVWRX; 06-03-2005 at 05:04 PM.
Old 06-03-2005, 05:36 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2003 WRX, 2008 Camry
I agree, it's crazy to go on a rampage because of what someone did to a book that contains everything you've ever believed in.
Is this sarcasm?

If you believe in something to this extent then where is that belief held? In something tangible? No. It's in your heart and mind.

So you basically answered yourself:

The riots were not caused by Koran desecration, the White House even admitted the Muslim riots were about unrelated issues.
The Qu'ran was an excuse to turn on the flood gates against the country they love to hate. Guess who that is?

Furthermore, I would say Newsweek's name should be de-soiled. They may have said 'flushed down the toilet', but the article points out some desecration that's just as bad. I don't think they lied, but it seems as though their source may have exagerated some things. Bottom line, however, is that the US military did have a problem with troops desecrating the Koran at GB, and Newsweek's name got dragged through the mud because the military denied it when it was published.
Here we go again.

These aren't the supermarket tabloids we're talking about here. It's Newsweek Magazine, a trusted news source. You don't publish stories with insufficient to no proof. Companies and people get sued for millions of dollars when they do this. You can speculate on what happens in Guantanamo Bay all day long and you may publish stories about said speculation till your head spins. We have a serious problem when the MSM does this regarding any type of story.

The fact Newsweek didn't present sufficient evidence on whether or not the puddle of mud existed is the entire problem. That's not how it works. It’s like having a prosecutor present a case without any exhibits. Even if everyone knew the defendant was the most feared man alive it doesn’t matter. You have no case. Newsweek poured the mud and dragged themselves through it im my opinion.
Old 06-08-2005, 11:49 AM

No, I wasn't being sarcastic. I really do think Muslim extreamists are crazy. But I also think that desecrating their book is as bad as desecrating the New Testament. If you put one testament up on a pedastal, you gotta put them all up there.
If the Koran incident was the excuse to turn on the flood gate, and the Koran really did get desecrated...who incited the flood? Like I already said, the extreamists are crazy...but would you do something that you know will **** off/incite crazy people to get even crazier? I sure as hell wouldn't.

The mistake Newsweek made: they said a Koran got flushed down a toilet, while the truth is that a Koran got placed in a toilet and got pissed on. Do you really think this small discrepency matters in the larger picture of the rioting? If the absolute truth had been published in that same issue of Newsweek, don't you think the extreamists would have been just as pissed off? I think the extreamist Muslims read the article as: American's are desecrating the Koran. I'm pretty sure they don't get too caught up in the details once they have a reason to go ape-s*** with some explosives.
Old 06-08-2005, 07:25 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2003 WRX, 2008 Camry
No, I wasn't being sarcastic. I really do think Muslim extreamists are crazy. But I also think that desecrating their book is as bad as desecrating the New Testament. If you put one testament up on a pedastal, you gotta put them all up there.
I agree. Thing is, we do put both on the same pedestal. We know that defacing any religious book is bad, and therefore, react neutrally when someone actually does it. We know it's merely a tangible item. It’s part of our society and even part of our Constitution. The problem is that they do not. It's Qu'ran > All. If it wasn't a part of our society then what were the conservative Muslims doing in our country? They could have been pissed about the story but that's where it stopped.

There’s been a handful of incidents where the Bible or Torah have been desecrated by Islamic extremists. Yet nothing happened in retaliation. Doesn’t this scream childish tomfoolery? As if one stubborn child destroyed another child’s ice cream cone because he was too naughty to deserve one? It’s pathetic. It doesn’t matter who incited the flood when you’re dealing with this type of monkey-like ignorance and arrogance.

Last edited by Salty; 06-08-2005 at 07:28 PM.
Old 06-09-2005, 01:18 PM

Originally Posted by Salty
There’s been a handful of incidents where the Bible or Torah have been desecrated by Islamic extremists. Yet nothing happened in retaliation.
True, but there is no openely Christian nation in the world either (one where the gov't endorses Christianity like some of the middle eastern countries endorse Islam). If there was, they might riot if a bible was pissed on...who knows, just speculation.