Teh Politics Forum Rumors and lies and Teh Iraqi Info Minister and much much more...

video - alot of people dying

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2004, 10:46 AM

Car Info: 2000 2.5 RS
video - alot of people dying

Here's a video i found on flabber.nl of a 500 pound bomb being dropped on a group of people. I think they are trying to say that this could be a war crime, as they didnt know who the people were - but i'm not going to argue about that - i have no idea. Either way, the guy at the end sounds like he knows he's gonna have to live with that for the rest of his life.

http://www.jswaim.com/files/CAS.wmv
Old 07-19-2004, 10:57 AM

Car Info: 2003 WRX (Black)
thats war.....

not that it matters... maybe its related ... or maybe its not....

I was there when the twin towers fell...... ill will never forget the total devestation.... the bodies falling out of windows hitting the pavement .... inhaling the rubble......

Burning in my brain for the rest of my life.

-K
Old 07-19-2004, 11:06 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2003 WRX, 2008 Camry
Originally Posted by constellation
Here's a video i found on flabber.nl of a 500 pound bomb being dropped on a group of people. I think they are trying to say that this could be a war crime, as they didnt know who the people were - but i'm not going to argue about that - i have no idea. Either way, the guy at the end sounds like he knows he's gonna have to live with that for the rest of his life.

http://www.jswaim.com/files/CAS.wmv
He was given the greenlight under a strict ROE. If you think this is a war crime then i'd love to hear what you've heard on this video via link etc.

The person who dropped the bomb is a pilot doing his job... i think he'll be able to sleep at night.
Old 07-19-2004, 11:42 AM

Car Info: 72 Vespa with curb feelers
That's gotta hurt!

Last edited by HellaDumb; 07-19-2004 at 11:44 AM.
Old 07-19-2004, 12:01 PM

Car Info: 2000 2.5 RS
He was given the greenlight under a strict ROE. If you think this is a war crime then i'd love to hear what you've heard on this video via link etc.

The person who dropped the bomb is a pilot doing his job... i think he'll be able to sleep at night.
No no, i wasnt saying anything along the lines of ME thinking it was war crime, but i ran the dutch gibberish through altavista babel fish and it seemed to say somthing about war crime. I have no opinion on it, nor do i care - its war.
Although, My dad is good friends with some A-10 pilots who saw action during the gulf war, and even though they understand that they were doing their job, when the reality of what they were doing caught up with them, it haunted them pretty bad. Regardless of how much a military machine you are, if you are unlucky enough to let your guard down and let the human side sneak in a bit - it has to haunt you on some level. These were intelligent, nice guys, and when we're all out standing by our cessnas and luscombes with beers, shootin the **** - you could see these guy's face darken just a hint when it was brought up.
My mother worked in the ER for a long time too, and there were ways that she could keep cool, by just thinking of peoples bodies as vehicles, as machines, and then just trying to find humor in the situations. All of our veteran pilot friends think about it the same way.
Military proffesionalism can only mask so much, but It's a catch 22.
Old 07-19-2004, 12:06 PM

Car Info: 04 Silver WRX Wagon
Originally Posted by HellaDumb
That's gotta hurt!
those are people man. have some decency