Teh Politics Forum Rumors and lies and Teh Iraqi Info Minister and much much more...

U.S. Army gets a new machine gun

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2009, 10:45 AM

Car Info: 2003 WRX Bugeye
before we crossed the border I ask to step up to the 240 for more stopping power, so I had that all the way up to Bagdhad.
Old 11-03-2009, 11:00 AM

Car Info: 05 STi
Damn right, I have a buddy in 3rd IDs new light unit now. 3rd does a lot of work in Iraq but you will probably start seeing more Afghanistan tours with the light unit.
Old 11-03-2009, 11:17 AM

yeah the whole army doing a switch...
Old 11-03-2009, 11:55 AM
9 to 5 mod

Car Info: 03 Impreza WRX
Originally Posted by luckyWRX777
Are team leaders all had M203 and are drivers had M16's. But thats was my unit, an Infantry line unit.
m203 looks like fun to shoot on a range
Old 11-03-2009, 02:02 PM

It is, and the sound it makes as the round leaves the barrel is funny.
Old 11-03-2009, 02:40 PM
Friendly Neighborhood Ogre

Car Info: GUNATICS.COM
I'm not an expert with machine guns, so I'll ask you guys about the area that I'm well versed in. What do you think of that new semi automatic M-110 Sniper rifle?

It's replacing the Remy 700 that the army is currently using, well, actually, the 110 is what they are basically using now. They did a big transfer in late 2007 and are currently replacing all 700's in favor of the new M-110 which is supposed to be MORE accurate then the bolt action R-700, and allows you to take out targets as fast as you can acquire a target without having to let off your shooting position to rack the bolt. This thing is supposed to be **** and my friends swear by it (who are stationed over there in "hell").

As much as I hate this damn show and it's lame host, and yes, I know he's a SEAL but the Gunfu mall ninja fanboi format kills me! But here's a video of the rifle (sorry for having to link "Future weapons"

The rifle is supposed to be just as accurate, if not more, and just as reliable as a bolt action due to it's simplicity (not sure how true that is but my friends say it is).
Old 11-03-2009, 02:48 PM

Car Info: Hilux Double Cab with a Dishka on top
Yeah it sounds like a loud "Bloop". And then a few seconds later BOOM! I guess that's why it's nicknamed The Blooper.
Old 11-03-2009, 02:52 PM
9 to 5 mod

Car Info: 03 Impreza WRX
a plop thump?

dang you are lucky hehe

i heard they have slugs in vegas that shoot that i may have to try it out
Old 11-03-2009, 03:09 PM

Originally Posted by brucelee
I'm not an expert with machine guns, so I'll ask you guys about the area that I'm well versed in. What do you think of that new semi automatic M-110 Sniper rifle?

It's replacing the Remy 700 that the army is currently using, well, actually, the 110 is what they are basically using now. They did a big transfer in late 2007 and are currently replacing all 700's in favor of the new M-110 which is supposed to be MORE accurate then the bolt action R-700, and allows you to take out targets as fast as you can acquire a target without having to let off your shooting position to rack the bolt. This thing is supposed to be **** and my friends swear by it (who are stationed over there in "hell").

As much as I hate this damn show and it's lame host, and yes, I know he's a SEAL but the Gunfu mall ninja fanboi format kills me! But here's a video of the rifle (sorry for having to link "Future weapons"

The rifle is supposed to be just as accurate, if not more, and just as reliable as a bolt action due to it's simplicity (not sure how true that is but my friends say it is).
We've had it for some time now and it's the ****.
Old 11-03-2009, 03:32 PM

Originally Posted by 1reguL8NSTi
We've had it for some time now and it's the ****.
I'm so glad that our guys have something as cool as that rifle now. The 700 was waaaaaaaay too dated... We've had that damn thing FOREVER! I'd rather have an SVD!

Yeah, my two friends say it's orgasmic to shoot, and sounds cooler then anything on earth! They also said that the head splatter is quite a sight from 500 meters away.
Old 11-03-2009, 03:39 PM

I'm so glad that our guys have something as cool as that rifle now. The 700 was waaaaaaaay too dated... We've had that damn thing FOREVER! I'd rather have an SVD!

Yeah, my two friends say it's orgasmic to shoot, and sounds cooler then anything on earth! They also said that the head splatter is quite a sight from 500 meters away.
Sir, head splatter is a sight at any range. It's an excellent weapon that is more applicable to today's battle field. Before this we had sniper teams carrying M16A4s with ACOGs and silencers firing 77 grain Hornady rounds. Its an excellent urban set up.
Old 11-03-2009, 03:58 PM

Guns are cool!
Old 11-03-2009, 04:13 PM

Car Info: Hilux Double Cab with a Dishka on top
I'm so glad that our guys have something as cool as that rifle now. The 700 was waaaaaaaay too dated...
Don't think just because a bolt action rifle is old technology it still can't be employed with devastating effect. During the Battle of Fallujah back in 2004, there was a SEAL sniper from Team 5 that used a bolt action .300 win mag and got over 350 enemy kills. He also had a Mk11 (basically same thing as XM110), but chose to use the Mk13 bolt action sniper rifle instead.

IIRC, he holds the record for the highest kill score out of any operator in SOCOM.

This is what he used:

Edit: Several bad guys were killed at ranges in excess of 1600m with that rifle.

Last edited by Lurk; 11-03-2009 at 04:23 PM.
Old 11-03-2009, 04:23 PM

It is not only the weapon that matters, it is the shooter also. If you know how to use your weapon right, any weapon, you will be a deadly force. Shot, most of the enemy are using AK47's, which have been around since the late forties...
Old 11-03-2009, 04:34 PM

Originally Posted by Lurk
Don't think just because a bolt action rifle is old technology it still can't be employed with devastating effect. During the Battle of Fallujah back in 2004, there was a SEAL sniper from Team 5 that used a bolt action .300 win mag and got over 350 enemy kills. He also had a Mk11 (basically same thing as XM110), but chose to use the Mk13 bolt action sniper rifle instead.

IIRC, he holds the record for the highest kill score out of any operator in SOCOM.

This is what he used:

Edit: Several bad guys were killed at ranges in excess of 1600m with that rifle.
Dont get me wrong, I love bolt action guns, but why have a bolt action when you can have a semi auto magazine fed rifle that is EXACTLY as accurate?

Bolt action is fun too, but when your life is on the line I dont want to have to rack some bolt and change my shooting position, even if it's as slight as it is. I'd rather only have to move my finger and save time by taking out as many targets as I could before they started running, etc. Know what I mean? I will always have a love for bolt action rifles, just so damn fun, but if my *** was on the line I'd take the M-110 in a SECOND!

Quick Reply: U.S. Army gets a new machine gun