Teh Politics Forum Rumors and lies and Teh Iraqi Info Minister and much much more...

Top 100 people screwing up America:

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2005, 09:41 AM

Car Info: 72 Vespa with curb feelers
Top 100 people screwing up America:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/8900522/

This is old news, no?
Old 08-11-2005, 09:45 AM

Car Info: 04 Silver WRX Wagon
American bashers? Read the Declaration of Independence. If our govt becomes derelict in their duties, it is our right and duty to bash them, criticize them, and, yes, even take arms up against them

: dons a Che hat and cries "Viva la Revolucion!" :
Old 08-12-2005, 10:49 AM

Originally Posted by dub2w
American bashers? Read the Declaration of Independence. If our govt becomes derelict in their duties, it is our right and duty to bash them, criticize them, and, yes, even take arms up against them

: dons a Che hat and cries "Viva la Revolucion!" :
Sure, if you want the ATF to kill you.
Old 08-12-2005, 11:50 AM

Car Info: Looking for a Liberty CRD
from the preamble to the declaration of independence

That to secure these rights, governments are instituted among men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. That whenever any form of government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the right of the people to alter or abolish it, and to institute new government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their safety and happiness.
2.3 Prudence, indeed, will dictate that governments long established should not be changed for light and transient causes; and accordingly all experience hath shown, that mankind are more disposed to suffer, while evils are sufferable, than to right themselves by abolishing the forms to which they are accustomed.
2.4 But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such government, and to provide new guards for their future security.
Old 08-12-2005, 12:59 PM

Ahahahaha you do know that they were declaring war on their own gov't, right? You know it's the obligation of that government to preserve itself, that is, to kill those trying to abolish such government?

I wouldn't even hint at taking up arms against a gov't.... bad news to say the least.

Originally Posted by lojasmo
That to secure these rights, governments are instituted among men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. That whenever any form of government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the right of the people to alter or abolish it, and to institute new government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their safety and happiness.
2.3 Prudence, indeed, will dictate that governments long established should not be changed for light and transient causes; and accordingly all experience hath shown, that mankind are more disposed to suffer, while evils are sufferable, than to right themselves by abolishing the forms to which they are accustomed.
2.4 But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such government, and to provide new guards for their future security.
Old 08-12-2005, 01:53 PM

Car Info: '05 Crystal Grey Metallic WRX Sport Wagon
You're response to lojasmo's post is funny Hella. Instead of trying to refute the fact that it is all Americans' duty to keep the gov't in check, you present the argument that their military is too powerful to do so. I assume by this you mean that since they are so strong, even if they are wrong you just bow down to their military power. Wuss. If the colonial American's thought that (which they had a right too since at the time the UK was the world's #1 military power...), our country would have never become independant. Try to address the post you claim to be addressing...otherwise you just come across as defensive and confused.
Old 08-12-2005, 02:06 PM

BTW, that excerpt doesn't make sense anyway. Like lojasmo said, the people who do America an injusice are those who follow the gov't like sheep and never question the motives behind the countries actions. The republican party loves this, because most of these people are the type that are affraid of change and progress and so are more 'conservative' in their ideals (and therefore usually vote republicans into office). The problem with this is that it was only in the period of the 40's-50's that the gov't has NOT been looked at very skeptically. Before that time point, the gov't changed very rapidly based on the votes. Since then, people have decided to be more critical and demanding of the gov't. But during those times, the gov't was nearly unchecked and got used to it.

In the end, I think you'll find the time period you use to exemplify your version of the way America 'should' be in many of your posts (the 50's) is actually not very representative of the whole of American history and is, in fact, the time period in which American's had the least rights and freedoms of any other time in our history. Give me the 1890's, the 20's, the 60's, 70's, 80's or 90's, but the 50's...not for me.

Last edited by MVWRX; 08-12-2005 at 02:08 PM.
Old 08-12-2005, 02:33 PM
Dirty Redhead

Car Info: 05 WRX Wagon (Crystal Gray)
Does anyone have the rest of the list?

I'm curious how slanted it is.
Old 08-12-2005, 02:54 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 03 WRX
Originally Posted by EricDaRed81
Does anyone have the rest of the list?
Shazaam!

http://www.mydd.com/story/2005/7/6/16128/65032
Old 08-12-2005, 03:01 PM
Dirty Redhead

Originally Posted by VIBEELEVEN
Thanks.

Jerry Springer and Maury Povich in the top 50? Wow, just wow.
Old 08-12-2005, 03:06 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 03 WRX
I could see springer, but maury?

Matthew Lesko Haha :rotfl:

Last edited by VIBEELEVEN; 08-12-2005 at 03:09 PM.
Old 08-12-2005, 03:07 PM
Dirty Redhead

Originally Posted by VIBEELEVEN
I could see springer, but maury?
I think he just hates anyone on TV.
Old 08-12-2005, 03:43 PM

^^Or anyone who actually uses free speech to say things that may be offensive to him. (Eminem and Ludacris in the top 100?!?! This guy wastes his time naming Eminem and Ludacris as top threats to America!?!? I mean...call them worthless or whatever...but c'mon, threats to American society? Dude needs a life...)
Old 08-12-2005, 04:27 PM

Car Info: Sline
Originally Posted by EricDaRed81
I think he just hates anyone on TV.
As much as I like Maury, he deserves to be on that list... All his episodes are they same, PARENT TEST RESULTS!1!!1
Old 08-12-2005, 04:33 PM
Dirty Redhead

Originally Posted by jvick125
As much as I like Maury, he deserves to be on that list... All his episodes are they same, PARENT TEST RESULTS!1!!1
As annoying as he is, he isn't screwing up america.

Quick Reply: Top 100 people screwing up America: