Teh Politics Forum Rumors and lies and Teh Iraqi Info Minister and much much more...

Time for Revolution?

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2009, 10:07 AM
iClub Silver Vendor

Car Info: 2005 LGT wagon
Time for Revolution?

What is your limit of gov't abuses?
DO you find our current gov't "OK"?
What would it take for you to become an active member of a revolution to return this country to it's rightful owners?

I'm not saying "let's starting killing people"....yet.
It's quite obvious to me that voting just doesn't get things done.

What topics would you include on a new Declaration of Independence?

Here's a link to a very readable version of the Declaration of Independence, July 4, 1776

In another time, American's killed for **** like this:

"He has erected a multitude of new offices, and sent hither swarms of officers to harass our people and eat out their substance."

"For imposing taxes on us without our consent;"

"For depriving us, in many cases, of the benefits of trial by jury;"
Old 01-05-2009, 10:11 AM

Car Info: 2002 Subaru WRX PSM
I just want to stop getting bent over. I want to keep more of my paycheck, and stop paying for other people to do nothing. My thought is that if you don't work or contribute, you get nothing. For those that are clearly trying to do better in this world, but can't seem to make it, give those people some relief, but make them work for it. Oh, and I don't want to pay for California's screw ups. I am fine with paying for our roads, schools and so on, but I don't want to pay for ridiculous programs that do nothing at all. And, that is all!
Old 01-05-2009, 10:40 AM

Car Info: The Latest From WayneTech.
If things keep going the way that they are, it is a safe bet we will have another Oklahoma City bombing on our hands.

It is too easy and cheap to construct pipe bombs and load them into a car in front of a City Hall of Capitol building.

The people of this country will only take so much until they finally openly revolt.
Old 01-05-2009, 07:34 PM

Car Info: 05 PSM WRX
Originally Posted by R-Dub
If things keep going the way that they are, it is a safe bet we will have another Oklahoma City bombing on our hands.

It is too easy and cheap to construct pipe bombs and load them into a car in front of a City Hall of Capitol building.

The people of this country will only take so much until they finally openly revolt.

I don't think the vast majority of the US people have it in them anymore..

I once heard a quote that said "the US is not at war.. The Marines are at war, the US is at the Mall" It pretty much describes the state of the vast majority of the Sheep in the US.

As long as folks get their bread and circuses few will be willing to do anything.

Last edited by Tizzo27; 01-05-2009 at 07:37 PM.
Old 01-05-2009, 07:35 PM

Car Info: 05 PSM WRX
Double tap.
Old 01-05-2009, 07:51 PM

Car Info: 02 SILVER WRX
what

is there something special that has u upset today or is it the general state of things?
Old 01-05-2009, 07:57 PM

Car Info: New Government Motors SUV!
Originally Posted by Tizzo27
Double tap.
They didn't teach that in my limited weapons training in the Navy. Still one of my personal policies though.
Old 01-06-2009, 01:06 PM
iClub Silver Vendor

Originally Posted by sjsilversuby
is there something special that has u upset today or is it the general state of things?

Oh, nothing in particular.
Old 01-06-2009, 04:09 PM
9 to 5 mod

Car Info: 03 Impreza WRX
ok your company failed it could not compete let me give y ou money because you dont have any and hopefully some how it will get better. you didnt see yourselfs getting into this mess for months

that doesnt sound like me
Old 01-06-2009, 05:38 PM

Car Info: Car
I think our government is fine the way it is. Tearing the whole thing down and starting from scratch is the dumbest idea ever IMO. Spend some time in countries building a government from scratch and you'll come to understand how good we actually have it.

We actually have such things a human rights, free speech, and democracy. The government is actually accountable to the people. Corruption here is nothing compared to some on the Asian countries. We actually have law and order in the streets instead of the government fighting factions of revolutionist, communist guerrillas, and drug lords.
Old 01-06-2009, 08:26 PM

Car Info: .
Originally Posted by Jabberwocky
I think our government is fine the way it is. Tearing the whole thing down and starting from scratch is the dumbest idea ever IMO. Spend some time in countries building a government from scratch and you'll come to understand how good we actually have it.

We actually have such things a human rights, free speech, and democracy. The government is actually accountable to the people. Corruption here is nothing compared to some on the Asian countries. We actually have law and order in the streets instead of the government fighting factions of revolutionist, communist guerrillas, and drug lords.
Yeah, but our country is falling apart real fast. At our current pace, we will not be the big dog in 20 years.

People forgot a long time ago what power we have, our govt has nothing if we don't want them to. But, I agree, no one is going to step out of their rat race of a life to actually do anything about what they want to change. They just keep voting in people who promise them 'change' and complain when nothing happens. Then, its time to vote for change again.
Old 01-07-2009, 08:28 AM
iClub Silver Vendor

Oh, trust me, I've been to some real ****holes.
I'm not preaching "Tear it all down", more like a slap in the face to wake folks up.
Old 01-07-2009, 08:48 AM

Car Info: The Latest From WayneTech.
I think our government is fine the way it is.
How I wish I shared your optimism.

However, I agree that tearing it down and starting from scratch would leave us wide open for an attack/invasion of another country.

Best thing to do - start a new colony with a new modern government.
Old 01-07-2009, 09:04 AM
9 to 5 mod

i see you have never been to japan
Old 01-07-2009, 09:05 AM
9 to 5 mod

Originally Posted by R-Dub
How I wish I shared your optimism.

However, I agree that tearing it down and starting from scratch would leave us wide open for an attack/invasion of another country.

Best thing to do - start a new colony with a new modern government.
whats a modern govmt?

Quick Reply: Time for Revolution?