Teh Politics Forum Rumors and lies and Teh Iraqi Info Minister and much much more...

The Tibet issue

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2008, 09:15 AM

Car Info: WRX --> RX-8--〉E93
i am not communist, but the reason why i have this type of point of view is because i have been to china and i know how china is like. keep in mind that the media only shows and talks about china when bad things happens.
Old 04-23-2008, 11:39 AM
iClub Silver Vendor

Car Info: 2005 LGT wagon
Originally Posted by wimprezax06
.... 40000 people stand at white house for 2 month, what would you do as president?
Here in America, we let them protest.

...how ever killing is not right, but i would personally do the same if im the president of china. ...
You would kill someone that opposes your beliefs/thoughts and is protesting in a peaceful manner?

..they stayed there for over a month, and there is no other way to make them leave but to use force. ...
What harm is done letting them stay?

...he got pulled away by one of the other protester. i have seen the documentary.
Was this "documentary" produced by the PRCs Minister of Propaganda?
Old 04-23-2008, 03:45 PM

Originally Posted by Paul@dbtuned
Here in America, we let them protest.

You would kill someone that opposes your beliefs/thoughts and is protesting in a peaceful manner?

What harm is done letting them stay?

Was this "documentary" produced by the PRCs Minister of Propaganda?

peaceful protest is okay. that was not peaceful protest. the students were FORCING the government to give them human rights. they said if the government dont do it, they will stay there until starve to death.

they stopping eating, and people were dying out there.

i watched that documentary in America, from oakland library. and its behind the scene of that event. it was interviewing the student leader, and listening to their story.

and you see how funny it is. none of the student leader was trapped in there, they all got away. they been left! they knew this was gonna happen, but they didnt tell the other students.
Old 04-23-2008, 04:04 PM

Car Info: 05 sti
I thunking that we should mind our business to say the least. Infrastructure is failing, schools are getting worse, borders are disappearing, people are loosing their homes and jobs. We should really worry about our own state of affairs.

Just my two cents, please flame on.
Old 04-24-2008, 10:41 AM
iClub Silver Vendor

peaceful protest is okay. that was not peaceful protest. the students were FORCING the government to give them human rights. they said if the government dont do it, they will stay there until starve to death.

they stopping eating, and people were dying out there.

i watched that documentary in America, from oakland library. and its behind the scene of that event. it was interviewing the student leader, and listening to their story.

and you see how funny it is. none of the student leader was trapped in there, they all got away. they been left! they knew this was gonna happen, but they didnt tell the other students.
How do an unarmed populace FORCE the wold's largest gov't...with the largest military...do anything?

And how does the gov't stop protestors from starving themselves?
by killing them!!

****ing brilliant!

And, yes, we need to stop muddling in other's affairs until we fix our problems.
Old 04-24-2008, 01:46 PM

How do an unarmed populace FORCE the wold's largest gov't...with the largest military...do anything?

And how does the gov't stop protestors from starving themselves?
by killing them!!

****ing brilliant!

And, yes, we need to stop muddling in other's affairs until we fix our problems.
then i just wondering what would you do if you are the chinese president? you would just leave 40k people there for few month? and let them starve to death? just curious. if thats the case, then i just wont say anything anymore.
Old 04-24-2008, 05:28 PM

Car Info: New Government Motors SUV!
then i just wondering what would you do if you are the chinese president? you would just leave 40k people there for few month? and let them starve to death? just curious. if thats the case, then i just wont say anything anymore.
Do you suggest that no one protest when they strongly disagree with the way things are done? When people get fed up with their governments they do radical things whether it be storming the Bastille or throwing tea into a harbor. When you're in charge of anation, especially one as large and significant as China, you need to know how to react. If 40,000 stood outside my home on a hunger strike demanding civil rights, I may just consider negotiating with them instead of squashing people with my army of tanks.

What good could possibly come from causing harm to your own citizens? Think of it that way. Our America government today, or any other day would never had reacted that way. Now there were instances in American history where that isn't exactly the truth like the Kent State Massacre. But that was a long list of events that got way out of hand and had nothing to do with presidential orders.

The point is, if you're in charge of a country on the verge of a revolt, and you order a group of hunger striking protestors to death, you may not be the right person for the job.
Old 04-24-2008, 05:39 PM

Car Info: 05 STi
If people are so ****ing lame they can't find another forum from which to voice their opinion on Tibet other than the Olympics they don't deserve change. The Olympics is about sports and the athletes that compete in them. If America went to Berlin to compete when the ***** were in control how can you honestly tell me it's really a venue for change? It's not. The word is out now, move along and figure out a way to fix it.
Old 04-24-2008, 06:35 PM
iClub Silver Vendor

If I were Chinese...and the president of China...and I had 40,000 students/protestors that were starving themselves...what would I do?

I know I wouldn't do this:
Name:  220905execution1.jpg
Views: 3
Size:  9.5 KB

Or this:
Name:  220905execution2.jpg
Views: 5
Size:  9.5 KB

Or this:
Name:  220905execution4.jpg
Views: 3
Size:  13.6 KB
Old 04-24-2008, 07:31 PM

Originally Posted by Superglue WRX
Do you suggest that no one protest when they strongly disagree with the way things are done? When people get fed up with their governments they do radical things whether it be storming the Bastille or throwing tea into a harbor. When you're in charge of anation, especially one as large and significant as China, you need to know how to react. If 40,000 stood outside my home on a hunger strike demanding civil rights, I may just consider negotiating with them instead of squashing people with my army of tanks.

the government did try to negotiating with them. really, its the truth. did you know what the students demand? the students want the chinese president to give up their position. lol its funny, think realistically is it possible? the students made a bad decision, they should have known better that stay in front of the capital and go on hunger strike and telling the president to give up their power in a communist country is not a smart thing to do. they could have done it in a better way, or just give some time like today go to china and ask around people is not so sad, and angry about the government. they live happily. only american people think chinese people are living under the evil government which is funny.
Old 04-24-2008, 07:35 PM

If I were Chinese...and the president of China...and I had 40,000 students/protestors that were starving themselves...what would I do?

I know I wouldn't do this:

Or this:

Or this:
lol you just post some random pictures of cop killing those people. that dont mean anything. we have death penalty here also, thats how china kill those people. shoot them, instead of electric chair or inject stuff. like i said, western media post some pictures like that what is the point? how do you know those people aren't prisoners?

plus that picture is really old, atleast 10 years ago. the police uniform had changed long long time ago.

and you just said you woudn't do that, then what would you do? just let them strave to death in front of white house? or as president, you would just give up your position.
Old 04-24-2008, 07:45 PM

Originally Posted by 1reguL8NSTi
If people are so ****ing lame they can't find another forum from which to voice their opinion on Tibet other than the Olympics they don't deserve change. The Olympics is about sports and the athletes that compete in them. If America went to Berlin to compete when the ***** were in control how can you honestly tell me it's really a venue for change? It's not. The word is out now, move along and figure out a way to fix it.
i totally agree with you on that part. totally!

i think is SO wrong for those Tibetan people trying to ruin the Olympics by trying to put out the torch, and try to boycott Olympics. Everywhere the torch go the Chinese people are there to support the Olympics, unlike the Tibetan trying to ruin it.

what's worse is that western people that don't know what is going on just bangwagon along with those protesters just because they heard that there is a place name Tibet and wants to be free.
Old 04-24-2008, 07:51 PM

Car Info: 05 STi
^^^^^^^^^ You can rest assured that 99% of the hippie Americans that run around protesting the torch don't know a damn thing about Tibet or its history with China. They'd be lucky if they could point it out on a map. It's another fun cliche agenda to support (reference global warming, war protests, etc...).

As a side bar, Tibet should absolutely be a sovereign nation. They are no more Chinese then the Indians were British. They don't share similar language, ethnicity or even culture. The world needs to find another way of achieveing Tibet independence other than a supporting even though. Also (devil's advocate) the issue of Xiang (sp?) should be explored also.
Old 04-24-2008, 09:03 PM

Originally Posted by 1reguL8NSTi
^^^^^^^^^ You can rest assured that 99% of the hippie Americans that run around protesting the torch don't know a damn thing about Tibet or its history with China. They'd be lucky if they could point it out on a map. It's another fun cliche agenda to support (reference global warming, war protests, etc...).

As a side bar, Tibet should absolutely be a sovereign nation. They are no more Chinese then the Indians were British. They don't share similar language, ethnicity or even culture. The world needs to find another way of achieveing Tibet independence other than a supporting even though. Also (devil's advocate) the issue of Xiang (sp?) should be explored also.
i agree with you. but the tibet issue is more like quebec in canada. and china not just have tibet and xin jiang that dont speak the same language. but all their school teaches chinese today. so more and more of them speaks chinese.

china have totally of 56 different ethnicty, but there are even more than just 56 languages lol so different language in china is not a uncommon thing. between city to city people can tell the difference that where you from.

for example Beijing and tianjing, thats 2 city that is border to border next to each other. but the way they talk is very different. however most of the chinese today all speaks Mandarin, and all school teaches in Mandarin.

Tibet has always been a individual govern state. its call self develop state. so is XinJiang, and many other province.
Old 04-25-2008, 12:11 AM

Car Info: New Government Motors SUV!
the government did try to negotiating with them. really, its the truth. did you know what the students demand? the students want the chinese president to give up their position. lol its funny, think realistically is it possible? the students made a bad decision, they should have known better that stay in front of the capital and go on hunger strike and telling the president to give up their power in a communist country is not a smart thing to do. they could have done it in a better way, or just give some time like today go to china and ask around people is not so sad, and angry about the government. they live happily. only american people think chinese people are living under the evil government which is funny.
So, instead of ignoring them, or finding some sort of middle ground, the orders were to arrest and or kill. Not only were the students and laborers in the protest arrested or killed, but anyone inside the Chinese government who admitted to sympathizing with the protesters. And when the people ran for their lives after the initial gun fire, there were chased down by soldiers and shot. That's unsatisfactory.

What made it worse is that the government (not sure who made the actual speech) announced that it was a reactive counter-revolutionary rebellion. As if that's an excuse to gun down thousands of people, the most dangerous of which were armed with no more than bricks. Unarmed protesters vs 40,000 armed troops and tanks. Does that sound a bit excessive to anyone?

Historically, leaders that give those kinds of orders are killed by their own citizens.

As far as Tibet, China's anti-budist policies in the region are enough to be pissed at what's going on. But a lot of this hatred goes back 60 years when the Red army (much hated by westerners at the time) basically made Tibet's own army of 5,000 concede. China then pressured Tibet into signing the 17 article agreement which essentially let China implement whatever policies they wanted, which included anti-religious agendas. This has been going on for centuries.

It comes down to China wanting Tibet under it's government and Tibet wanting to maintain it's independence and carry on it's previous relationship with China. Tibet does not want to be subordinate to China and their position is widely supported by other parts of the world.

Not everyone who protests is a hippie, and 99% of protesters are as dumb as some people like to make them out to be.

Quick Reply: The Tibet issue