Go Back  i-Club > Open Topic Forums > Teh Politics Forum
Stimulus program fraught with waste >

Stimulus program fraught with waste

Notices
Teh Politics Forum Rumors and lies and Teh Iraqi Info Minister and much much more...

Old 06-17-2009, 12:41 PM
iClub Silver Vendor

Car Info: 2005 LGT wagon

Didn't see this coming....

Link

Reporting from Washington -- A report due to be released today by a Republican senator contends the Obama administration's stimulus program is fraught with waste and incompetence -- evidenced by a turtle crossing in northern Florida that will cost more than $3 million and a snafu in which thousands of Social Security checks went out to people who had died.

Modeled after a release from the White House describing 100 stimulus projects that were in the works, the report put out by Sen. Tom Coburn of Oklahoma looks at the same number of projects but reaches starkly different conclusions. The title is "A Second Opinion on the Stimulus."
Old 06-17-2009, 07:21 PM

Car Info: 05 PSM WRX
No surprise there..
Carter admin II
Old 06-17-2009, 08:45 PM

Car Info: New Government Motors SUV!
Originally Posted by Tizzo27 View Post
No surprise there..
Carter admin II
Which we all know the world ended by his second year in office.
Old 06-17-2009, 10:20 PM

Car Info: 2007 Nissan Frontier
What government program isn't fraught with waste?
Old 06-17-2009, 10:23 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: Bugeyed Autowagon
And if the old guy from Az won, the donkey-punched leaders would be the ones *****ing about the same waste.
Old 06-17-2009, 10:28 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 05 toyota tacoma
Originally Posted by newyorkreload View Post
And if the old guy from Az won, the donkey-punched leaders would be the ones *****ing about the same waste.
truth.
Old 06-22-2009, 11:38 AM

Car Info: 2015 WRX
Originally Posted by Tizzo27 View Post
No surprise there..
Carter admin II
Carter is the only living former president that I truly respect. While he was in office he wasn't so great, but he's devoted the rest of his life to helping others and that's pretty awesome in my opinion.
Old 06-22-2009, 11:54 AM
9 to 5 mod

Car Info: 03 Impreza WRX
Originally Posted by saqwarrior View Post
Carter is the only living former president that I truly respect. While he was in office he wasn't so great, but he's devoted the rest of his life to helping others and that's pretty awesome in my opinion.
and he fought in a war right?
Old 06-22-2009, 04:11 PM

Originally Posted by sigma pi View Post
and he fought in a war right?
Not that I know of, but he was in the Navy and had planned on making it his career.
Old 06-22-2009, 04:17 PM

Car Info: 2003 PSM WRX, 80 Brat ready for Chevy 350 Swap.
i don't like Obama....

he really hasn't done any good
Old 06-22-2009, 04:22 PM

Car Info: New Government Motors SUV!
Originally Posted by wrxisthebest View Post
i don't like Obama....

he really hasn't done any good
I haven't done any good either. Do you not like me as well?
Old 06-23-2009, 11:58 AM

Car Info: Nadda
Obama needs to understand the Government cannot and will not correct what has happened in the economy. This venture has failed ALL the time in ALL countries. The reason why America was booming was because of Capitalism and small business and private sectors knowing where the economy is turning, and creating business in that area. The government doesn't know what the hell they're doing, just redistributing wealth.

What about health care? This is what happens if you nationalize health care.

Doctor that was making 500k a year, govt tells them they will be making 400k a yr instead, cuz they say you don't need to be making 500k a yr. Means what? Means less doctors because the time to become one and the outcome of being one isn't good, means longer line waits, means your appointment now for something routine is going to eventually take months if not years (like in other systems they take a year or two just to process everything).

Britain has failed with healthcare, and they are starting to go back to the economy and letting them control costs. United States is heading toward nationalizing like what exists in britain and obviously it has failed. WHY the hell does Obama think he can fix this all? The government either way you slice it will end up inflating and just ruining everything everyone has worked for. LET THE ECONOMY correct itself, government has no idea what is going on.
Old 06-23-2009, 03:06 PM

Originally Posted by iLoqin View Post
Obama needs to understand the Government cannot and will not correct what has happened in the economy. This venture has failed ALL the time in ALL countries. The reason why America was booming was because of Capitalism and small business and private sectors knowing where the economy is turning, and creating business in that area. The government doesn't know what the hell they're doing, just redistributing wealth.
"A government big enough to give you everything you want is a government big enough to take from you everything you have."

Doctor that was making 500k a year, govt tells them they will be making 400k a yr instead, cuz they say you don't need to be making 500k a yr. Means what? Means less doctors because the time to become one and the outcome of being one isn't good, means longer line waits, means your appointment now for something routine is going to eventually take months if not years (like in other systems they take a year or two just to process everything).

Britain has failed with healthcare, and they are starting to go back to the economy and letting them control costs. United States is heading toward nationalizing like what exists in britain and obviously it has failed. WHY the hell does Obama think he can fix this all? The government either way you slice it will end up inflating and just ruining everything everyone has worked for. LET THE ECONOMY correct itself, government has no idea what is going on.
I'm not sure how I feel about this; every Briton I know (and I know a surprising amount of them) has little-to-no complaint about the NHS -- certainly no more complaint than we have about our privatized health care industry.

My most basic stance on the issue of health care is that everyone should get it, but I don't want government involved in it. Not because I think government is inefficient or incapable (they're certainly good enough at it to provide it for our troops, eh?), but because I quite simply don't want government involved in my private life in any way.
Old 06-23-2009, 03:09 PM

Car Info: 2003 PSM WRX, 80 Brat ready for Chevy 350 Swap.
Originally Posted by Superglue WRX View Post
I haven't done any good either. Do you not like me as well?
you are not in a position to **** me over so no. you are ok!
Old 06-24-2009, 08:29 PM

Car Info: 2007 Nissan Frontier

And you think that what we are doing now is better?

I'm sick and tired of hearing people ***** and moan about universal health care, without ever presenting a viable alternative. The fact is that our health care system is currently a mess. Costs are out of control, and quality is below that of other post-industrial nations. How is that at all efficient?

Health care needs reform. Now.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Stimulus program fraught with waste

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.