Teh Politics Forum Rumors and lies and Teh Iraqi Info Minister and much much more...

Sore Loser Kerry Mulls Lawsuit Against Swiftvet O'Neill

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2004, 10:15 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2003 WRX, 2008 Camry
Sore Loser Kerry Mulls Lawsuit Against Swiftvet O'Neill

I hope Kerry is dumb enough to file suit because he'd have to take the stand and actually prove that every allegation the Swift Boat Veterans made about him were wrong.

Possibly give us a chance to hear testimony v2.0 on his alleged war crimes in Vietnam and possibly reveal more records of his service.

http://www.newsmax.com/archives/ic/2...18/95310.shtml

Failed presidential candidate John Kerry is considering filing a libel suit against the leader of the group Swift Boat Veterans for Truth, John O'Neill, whose book "Unfit for Command" is credited with capsizing Kerry's Vietnam War-based campaign.

"I don't know if they will actually go forward," a member of Kerry's inner circle told New York Post's Page Six column, edited by Richard Johnson. "But consideration is serious. If Kerry plans on running again in 2008 — and I'm hearing he will — it would make sense that he'd file the suit."

It's a double edged sword if he sues -or- not...

If he sues there will be another media dog and pony show that could be potentially damning to his chances in 2008. Likewise, if Kerry doesn't sue then it'll seem like he's actually got a story to hide.
Old 11-23-2004, 08:29 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: 03 WRX
What about the 1st ammendment mr. kerry, If you won, I seriousley doubt you would see mr. Bush filing suit against michael moore, george sorros,al gore, howard dean or one of the other idiots that would like you to believe that Bush and Cheney were behind 9/11 and bin laden is a scapegoat, and the war on terrorisim was concaucted for political gain.
Old 11-23-2004, 09:15 AM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by VIBEELEVEN
What about the 1st ammendment mr. kerry, If you won, I seriousley doubt you would see mr. Bush filing suit against michael moore, george sorros,al gore, howard dean or one of the other idiots that would like you to believe that Bush and Cheney were behind 9/11 and bin laden is a scapegoat, and the war on terrorisim was concaucted for political gain.
Nobody ever said Bush and Cheney were behind 9/11. They simply said that Bush/Cheney capitalized on 9/11 for political and personal gain.

But I do agree with your point. I think it would be a dumb move for Kerry, whether he plans on running in 2008 or not. Every presidential candidate from here on out will have pro and con books written about them during their campaign. Strategically, it makes more sense to let a sleeping dog lie.

I also disagree with the title of this thread. I don't think he's being a sore loser. This lawsuit has nothing to do with losing the election as much as it does with trying to clear his good name. I don't blame him for this at all. If I went to war and won medals, I certainly would be upset if people were trying to discredit my service.
Old 11-23-2004, 09:35 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2003 WRX, 2008 Camry
Originally Posted by njc200
I also disagree with the title of this thread. I don't think he's being a sore loser. This lawsuit has nothing to do with losing the election as much as it does with trying to clear his good name. I don't blame him for this at all. If I went to war and won medals, I certainly would be upset if people were trying to discredit my service.
The title of the thread was inspired by the title of the article.