Teh Politics Forum Rumors and lies and Teh Iraqi Info Minister and much much more...

Somalia asks for peacekeepers

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2004, 12:36 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2003 WRX, 2008 Camry
Thumbs down Somalia asks for peacekeepers

for even asking, Abdullahi Yusuf! Ask France and Germany this time…

I like how the story suggests Abdullahi Yusuf called "on the world to send peacekeepers to disarm the militias" then mentions how he appealed for the African Union.

I wonder if Abdullahi Yusuf remembers U.S. soldiers efforts in 1993? They were the ones wearing the "Get-F*cked* t-shirts in the middle of downtown Mogadishu!

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmp...a_president_dc

NAIROBI (Reuters) - Somalia's new president, Abdullahi Yusuf, called on the world to send peacekeepers to disarm the militias that rule his anarchic country while pledging his help to fight international terrorism.

Speaking on Thursday after being sworn-in at a ceremony in the capital of neighboring Kenya, the former warlord pledged to reach out in to his rivals and reunify a country torn apart by more than a decade of factional strife.

He appealed for the African Union and other countries to help him establish his authority and disarm the militias that now rule by the assault rifle.

"International forces are required to participate in the pacification of the country and train the security apparatus of the state, this is essential," Yusuf said, although he did not say what size of force he sought.

If Yusuf wants the African Union to send in troops for peacekeeping... that's fine with me, 'cause that ain't us... but him for even considering international training and the world option.
Old 10-15-2004, 12:43 PM
iClub Silver Vendor

Car Info: 2005 LGT wagon
Somalia and everyone that lives there can suck my mother ****ing ****.

Last edited by FW Motorsports; 10-15-2004 at 12:44 PM. Reason: Self edited foul language.
Old 10-15-2004, 12:51 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: CRZ EX-Navi/6MT & Vue Redline
Originally Posted by Oaf
Somalia and everyone that lives there can suck my mother ****ing ****.

I couldn't agree more. Somolia, per capita, is much more of a anti-american slum sh1thole than just about any middle east nation.

-Chris