Teh Politics Forum Rumors and lies and Teh Iraqi Info Minister and much much more...

So why is Gasoline really expensive nowadays?

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2006, 07:04 PM
Former Sponsor

Car Info: I got a couple :)
So why is Gasoline really expensive nowadays?

Who is behind the prices? How do we get the prices down and reasonable? $3.18 a gallon for 87 octane ...
Old 04-30-2006, 07:21 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: '13 BRZ Limited / '02 WRX
whos behind it? the oil company execs that like record high PROFITS. I dont see how people find that acceptable. I've heard people say "well thats business." People having to pawn jewelry to pay for gas is not part of business.....its exploitation
Old 04-30-2006, 07:24 PM

Car Info: '02 PSM WRX
Originally Posted by MBasile
whos behind it? the oil company execs that like record high PROFITS. I dont see how people find that acceptable. I've heard people say "well thats business." People having to pawn jewelry to pay for gas is not part of business.....its exploitation
I saw that on the news. Some guy had to pawn off his family heirloom watch just to pay for gas...

Atleast Congress is going WTF? They're starting to investigate some crap about the oil companies. And Bush is proposing to stop putting oil in the reserves to help lower prices... we'll see what happens though.
Old 04-30-2006, 07:28 PM
VIP Member

not putting oil in the reserves is a very short term sollution it seems like. we need to stop needing less oil. No more thinking driving a 4 mpg hummer to the office is cool.
Old 04-30-2006, 07:33 PM

Car Info: 2016 FXT
i paid 3.51 yesterday at shell in sunnyvale. its ridiculous.
Old 04-30-2006, 09:25 PM
General Pimpin'

Car Info: MY04 aspen wrx wagon.
Originally Posted by NorCalDC5
i paid 3.51 yesterday at shell in sunnyvale. its ridiculous.
we filled with 3.61 on the way home from RIM yesterday. yuck.

It's rediculous what's happening. business my ***. there is absolutely no reason for the prices to be this high. Katrina. Iraq. Whatever. No reason at all. Besides the fact that bush doesn't give a crap about misuse of power and monopolization. Shoot the phone company is bigger than it was before the split. Oil companies are raking people over the coals.

When you are saying things are tight yet your making record profits and REDICULOUS ones at that it's just not right. America has basically been forced into a position that we HAVE to drive..most of us a lot. When your gas bill is as high as your damn car payment or enough to buy a set of tires every month there is something wrong here.
Old 05-01-2006, 12:06 AM

Car Info: 2006 evo IX
big oil

/thread
Old 05-01-2006, 12:09 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: looking for a gc
the price of 100 octane hasn't changed....
Old 05-01-2006, 12:13 AM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by krzyxrevver12
the price of 100 octane hasn't changed....
if the gas stations hit 4.50 a gallon, I'm filling up with cometition 91 at Laguna Seca
Old 05-01-2006, 01:06 AM

Car Info: SGM 135i
Well, if u look at the rest of the world and their gas prices, the united states has one of the cheapest gas prices around the world. The problem is not gonna go away. We all know that earth's crude oil supply is limited, so why can't everyone see that the price of gas will go up as the we have to dig deeper into the earth to cultivate the oil. In the 70s, we had a gas crisis, it was because we've reached peak discovery (the apex of a curve of discovering oil deposits, and after the apex, we discover less and less oil deposits each day.) and present day, we have reached peak production (the apex of a curve of production, after the apex, we will cultivate and produce less and less oil, or it will cost more and more for cultivating oil because we need to dig deeper into the earth or go to unexplored area suchs as the arctics). This is why the push for a different power source is starting to become a mainstream thing, ignorant people around the world are finally seeing that oil isn't going to last forever. Just my 2 cents.
Old 05-01-2006, 01:11 AM

Car Info: '05 STI
I want us to get it going with e85 already. Look at Brazil! A country that completly puts us to shame when it comes to alternative fuel.
Old 05-01-2006, 01:29 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: looking for a gc
9 more years and we'll have mr. fusion (back to the future II - 2015) hehhe....
Old 05-01-2006, 01:31 AM

Car Info: 2004 WRX STi, 1999 Forester L
Time to set up my own still and start making ethynol. From what I read you can mix it somewhere around 80/20 with standard gas, and its penny's on the dollar. I wonder if an accessport (or any other engine management device) could be tuned for optimal running on such a mixture.
Old 05-01-2006, 02:06 AM

Car Info: Audi B6 S4
Originally Posted by XkrazyAsianX
Well, if u look at the rest of the world and their gas prices, the united states has one of the cheapest gas prices around the world. The problem is not gonna go away. We all know that earth's crude oil supply is limited, so why can't everyone see that the price of gas will go up as the we have to dig deeper into the earth to cultivate the oil. In the 70s, we had a gas crisis, it was because we've reached peak discovery (the apex of a curve of discovering oil deposits, and after the apex, we discover less and less oil deposits each day.) and present day, we have reached peak production (the apex of a curve of production, after the apex, we will cultivate and produce less and less oil, or it will cost more and more for cultivating oil because we need to dig deeper into the earth or go to unexplored area suchs as the arctics). This is why the push for a different power source is starting to become a mainstream thing, ignorant people around the world are finally seeing that oil isn't going to last forever. Just my 2 cents.

haha this sounds like something i read in my sociology class
Old 05-01-2006, 02:55 AM

Car Info: 04 wrx
Wouldn't it be funny if it all went back to the Tabacco excecs.

Things that make you go Hmmmm.

Quick Reply: So why is Gasoline really expensive nowadays?