Teh Politics Forum Rumors and lies and Teh Iraqi Info Minister and much much more...

Salty check this out

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2004, 11:29 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: 08 sti
Salty check this out

http://www.awolbush.com/awards.asp

your thoughts would be appreciated.
Old 09-21-2004, 12:41 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2003 WRX, 2008 Camry
I'll respond to this because my thoughts are being requested. Otherwise i'm just going to let this forum die because i'm tired of babysitting and justifying myself.

Originally Posted by article
This is a photograph published on the Presidential Library site of George H.W. Bush. We can clearly see that in this photograph, George W. Bush is wearing an Air Force Outstanding Unit Award (AFOUA) and a Small Arms Expert Marksmanship Ribbon (SAEMR) just below his pilot wings, however, on line 24 of his NGB22 National Guard discharge form dated October 1, 1973, George W. Bush has no awards listed:
This is pretty common actually. I have 2 foreign decorations, one school & one impact ARCOM cluster that never made it on my dd214 because they never got submitted. I have the evidence on file but it never made it on record because of clearing chaos and/laziness. Some people choose to wear them still and some don't until they're on their dd214 or NGB22. The last thing on my mind when I ETS’d was extra wallpaper… I do kick myself in the *** for it even though I already had an ARCOM and a couple other foreign decorations.

This states explicitly that the units received the Air force Outstanding Unit Award for the time period from October 1, 1973 to September 30, 1975. George W. Bush’s discharge date from the 111th FIS and the 147th FIG was October 1, 1973. Clearly, these units did not receive an award of the AFOUA until after George W. Bush had been discharged, and well after the date the photograph in question was taken.
This is interesting but let me explain on what may have happened regardless of him being out of uniform...

Members of the 11th FIS and 147th FIG may have been put in for AFOUA before it was ever acknowledged and authorized. At this point Bush may have been told it was okay to wear the award knowing it would be authorized in time. Still happens today. I wore an NDSM before it was ever authorized during OEF. Likewise, I know a lot people that are still waiting (~1.5+ years) on their orders for their GWOTM and/or GWOTEM having knowingly earned it. Nonetheless, if they wore them they'd be technically out of uniform even though nobody cared to begin with.
Old 09-21-2004, 12:48 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: CRZ EX-Navi/6MT & Vue Redline
The only thing I gatherd from that photo is that Bush used to have a unibrow. The rest is Greek to me so I think I'm going to take Salty's word for it.

-Chris
Old 09-21-2004, 12:55 PM
iClub Silver Vendor

Car Info: 2005 LGT wagon
My DD214 looks like Swiss Cheese...I never bothered to get it corrected. I know what I did & that's all that matters.
After Gulf War v1.0, there were so many of us that had been "stop loss'ed", Personnel was working 24/7 to get all of us out-processed before there was a revolt.
Old 09-21-2004, 01:11 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 02 Impreza WRX Sedan & 2008 GMC Sierra 4x4
Originally Posted by bassplayrr
The only thing I gatherd from that photo is that Bush used to have a unibrow.
LOL I had to go back and look at that...Hilarious!
Old 09-21-2004, 01:18 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2003 WRX, 2008 Camry
Originally Posted by Oaf
After Gulf War v1.0, there were so many of us that had been "stop loss'ed", Personnel was working 24/7 to get all of us out-processed before there was a revolt.
Hence why your DD214 looked like swiss cheese just like mine did...

If you were out-processing and forgot to bring proof for awards and decoration that never made it on your dd214 then you were SOL unless you had tons of extra time and patience. This happened to me when I had a flight back home the very next day. Ever heard of the term "hurry up and wait" in the military?

See i'm guilty...

Here's a picture of my chest taken just before OEF (hence no NDSM). The circled wings are British Jump Wings that never made it on my dd214 for reasons beyond me. I earned them though...

Name:  Britishwings3.jpg
Views: 6
Size:  7.7 KB
Old 09-21-2004, 01:31 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: CRZ EX-Navi/6MT & Vue Redline
Originally Posted by Salty
Hence why your DD214 looked like swiss cheese just like mine did...

If you were out-processing and forgot to bring proof for awards and decoration that never made it on your dd214 then you were SOL unless you had tons of extra time and patience. This happened to me when I had a flight back home the very next day. Ever heard of the term "hurry up and wait" in the military?

See i'm guilty...

Here's a picture of my chest taken just before OEF (hence no NDSM). The circled wings are British Jump Wings that never made it on my dd214 for reasons beyond me. I earned them though...

And what a chest! Grrrrrrrrrrr! You have a lot of medals there Salty.

-Chris
Old 09-21-2004, 01:35 PM

Car Info: 72 Vespa with curb feelers
Yeah my DD214 is blank! Take that! =)
Old 09-21-2004, 03:58 PM
iClub Silver Vendor

Car Info: 2005 LGT wagon
Originally Posted by bassplayrr
And what a chest! Grrrrrrrrrrr! You have a lot of medals there Salty.

-Chris
Too much clothing for my tastes...