Teh Politics Forum Rumors and lies and Teh Iraqi Info Minister and much much more...

Richard Belzer...another Left Wing Nut.

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2006, 09:13 PM
iClub Silver Vendor

Car Info: 2005 LGT wagon
Richard Belzer...another Left Wing Nut.

I don't know what's more hilariouser: Another Liberal hack actor proclaiming that he gets his knowledge from reading newspapers or the same liberal hack actor using the very same arguement that gave Kerry credibility now to call all soldiers unreliable.

Originally Posted by From NewsBusters
When Congresswoman Ileanna Ros-Lehtinen contended Friday night, on HBO's Real Time with Bill Maher, that servicemen she's met in Iraq are “saying 'we're proud of our mission, we know what we're doing over here. We don't want you guys in Washington to lose it over there,'” actor/comedian Richard Belzer condescendingly fired back, claiming that to “ask them” is “bull****” since, apparently unlike him, “they don't read twenty newspapers a day.” Ros-Lehtinen cited the knowledge of her Marine officer stepson, but Belzer, who plays “Detective John Munch” on NBC's Law & Order: SVU, retorted: “Doesn't mean he's a brilliant scholar about the war because he's there.”
Originally Posted by Dick Belzer
"You think everyone over there is a college graduate? They're 19 and 20-year-old kids who couldn't get a job.”
Story Here.
Video Here.
Old 03-21-2006, 11:05 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 03 WRX
I wish I could wear sunglasses indoors, or at least have polarized lenses so I can be cool like him.

J/K, I wish I could punch him in the face though.

Seriously though what can you expect from Bill Maher, he makes Bill look almost reasonable.
Old 03-22-2006, 10:38 AM

Car Info: 04 Silver WRX Wagon
That is a stupid thing to say, but he makes a valid point. Getting opinions from a dozen or so soldiers and making the claim that we should be in Iraq is a hasty generalization made from an insubstantial statistical pool.
Old 03-22-2006, 10:39 AM

Car Info: 04 Silver WRX Wagon
Originally Posted by VIBEELEVEN
I wish I could punch him in the face though.
Why not out-debate him? His comments are directed towards lug-heads who resort to violence.
Old 03-22-2006, 11:45 PM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by dub2w
Why not out-debate him? His comments are directed towards lug-heads who resort to violence.
uhh, yeah, ohkay. where? on I-club? The chance of me debating him is about the same as him realizing how stupid he sounds which is about the same probability as me punching him in the face.

It's just fun to punch someone in the face once in awhile, it's a bonding experience, it brings individuals closer.

Last edited by VIBEELEVEN; 03-22-2006 at 11:50 PM.
Old 03-22-2006, 11:53 PM
VIP Member

Unfortunatly there are those who only will listen to a fist, I've had to deal with them once in awhile, some even being friends of mine.