Teh Politics Forum Rumors and lies and Teh Iraqi Info Minister and much much more...

religion is so awesome.

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2007, 10:26 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2003 WRX, 2008 Camry
Originally Posted by GT35 STI
I agree... I have said it before on here that for the most part I don't have a problem with it. IMO it's more organized religion that bothers me
What religion isn't organized? Organized religion isn't going away anytime soon.
Old 02-09-2007, 10:52 AM

Car Info: 1997 Acura Integra GS Sedan
Originally Posted by pj21086
u r seriously the most retarded mother****er i have ever seen.
QFT!
Old 02-09-2007, 11:29 AM

Car Info: ...

Last edited by lethalpsi; 01-02-2010 at 03:48 AM.
Old 02-09-2007, 11:37 AM

religion...or even the belief in god...is soooo bleeding stupid.
Old 02-09-2007, 12:03 PM

Car Info: '97 Legacy
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Westboro_Baptist_Church

bio of the "church"...only has 150 memebers, all are like inbred relatives of phelps.

hella.....dont you go to that church?
Old 02-09-2007, 12:30 PM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by SubyN00by
or even the belief in god...is soooo bleeding stupid.
I'll give you religion I guess... But why is the belief in God stupid? You don't have to pray to God every night or even go to church. You can be agnostic which suggests it's impossible to know whether there is a God. I think Atheism - the absolute rejection of the existence of God or higher being - is not only ignorant but impossible, especially in life or death situations. I think the tiny thought or hope that God might exist would come naturally when facing death.

So do you really NOT believe in God?
Old 02-09-2007, 12:34 PM

Car Info: 72 Vespa with curb feelers
I don't get it. What are they saying that's wrong or evil? They're quoting bible verses for pete's sake, so what Christian would oppose what's factually referenced? The only question that a true Christian would have is what is the literal interpretation of what's written, or what could have been lost in translation.

To me, beastiality and causing/spreading aids is evil.

If gays followed the rules of this "mean and evil book" there would be no aids.
Old 02-09-2007, 12:37 PM

Originally Posted by Salty
I'll give you religion I guess... But why is the belief in God stupid? You don't have to pray to God every night or even go to church. You can be agnostic which suggests it's impossible to know whether there is a God. I think Atheism - the absolute rejection of the existence of God or higher being - is not only ignorant but impossible, especially in life or death situations. I think the tiny thought or hope that God might exist would come naturally when facing death.

So do you really NOT believe in God?
I believe that we are simply blobs of molecules that wonder around aimlessly...looking for something to contradict the fact that when we die...our life ends and there is nothing else...
Old 02-09-2007, 12:42 PM
VIP Member

I believe that we are simply blobs of molecules that wonder around aimlessly...looking for something to contradict the fact that when we die...our life ends and there is nothing else...
Do you REALLY think this will be your last thought on your deathbed? There's no way, man. My point is religion and the belief in God helps a lot of people cope with death. To say their belief is asinine is the real ignorance.
Old 02-09-2007, 12:44 PM

Do you REALLY think this will be your last thought on your deathbed? There's no way, man. My point is Religion and the belief in God helps a lot of people cope with death. To say their belief is asinine is the real ignorance.
you said it yourself, it simply helps people cope with death. I myself am not affraid of death. I toy with death all the time, be it in a car, on the side of a building, etc. We have no pre-destined plan for us, there is nothing to look forward to, might as well enjoy what you've got now.

and remember, this is just my opinion, doesn't necessary mean it's the truth or that of anyone else.
Old 02-09-2007, 12:52 PM
VIP Member

I toy with death all the time, be it in a car, on the side of a building, etc.
Right, and i bet you refuse to wear a seat belt or harness equipment. Face it, you deny religion because it gives you a sense of control. Because it's cool. Or because you didn't want to attend Sunday school as a child. You know you can't logically deny the possible existence of God. It’s as ignorant as suggesting the world is flat in the 21st century.
Old 02-09-2007, 01:04 PM

Right, and i bet you refuse to wear a seat belt or harness equipment. Face it, you deny religion because it gives you a sense of control. Because it's cool. Or because you didn't want to attend Sunday school as a child. You know you can't logically deny the possible existence of God. It’s as ignorant as suggesting the world is flat in the 21st century.
haha, nah, I wear my seat belt, I'm not saying that I'm looking for a way to die. I'm just saying that I'm not affraid of it. If I happen to die when I walk out of my building, I will know that I've had a bomb *** life. Maybe it is a control issue, but I don't believe in god. I was raised in the church, an alterboy on sundays, catecism (sp?) on wednesday nights, praying at night with my grandma before I go to bed, but all the teachings I've received in school, all the science and nature, etc. have provided more hard evidence to prove against a supreme being than for it. I'm most definately a man of cold hard evidence...I need something tangible...and the fact that I can't see or hear or know for sure anything about a "BigBossMan" in the sky...I don't believe it. (=
Old 02-09-2007, 01:05 PM

Car Info: 1993/2000/2001 GF4 mostly red
Originally Posted by HellaDumb
I don't get it. What are they saying that's wrong or evil? They're quoting bible verses for pete's sake, so what Christian would oppose what's factually referenced? The only question that a true Christian would have is what is the literal interpretation of what's written, or what could have been lost in translation.

To me, beastiality and causing/spreading aids is evil.

If gays followed the rules of this "mean and evil book" there would be no aids.
Since I don't follow your book, why is it evil or wrong for me to do something that goes against one paragraph in it? Why should I care? Why should YOU care, since it's not affecting you?
Old 02-09-2007, 01:06 PM

I come not with my word...I come with my sword.
Old 02-09-2007, 01:07 PM

Car Info: 1993/2000/2001 GF4 mostly red
haha, nah, I wear my seat belt, I'm not saying that I'm looking for a way to die. I'm just saying that I'm not affraid of it. If I happen to die when I walk out of my building, I will know that I've had a bomb *** life. Maybe it is a control issue, but I don't believe in god. I was raised in the church, an alterboy on sundays, catecism (sp?) on wednesday nights, praying at night with my grandma before I go to bed, but all the teachings I've received in school, all the science and nature, etc. have provided more hard evidence to prove against a supreme being than for it. I'm most definately a man of cold hard evidence...I need something tangible...and the fact that I can't see or hear or know for sure anything about a "BigBossMan" in the sky...I don't believe it. (=
Christians aren't afraid of death either. Heck, they had to make suicide a sin to stop people from speedign up the process of going to heaven to hang with the "Big Boss Man." Rejection outright of the possibility of God's existence is as ignorant as claiming God sent a taxi to Heaven in the wake of a comet.

Quick Reply: religion is so awesome.