Teh Politics Forum Rumors and lies and Teh Iraqi Info Minister and much much more...

Propaganda, anyone?

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2005, 10:32 AM
Pr0n King

Car Info: Turncoat Turbo
Propaganda, anyone?

MOSCOW - Russia's military has unveiled its newest weapon — and it's aimed squarely at the nation's television viewers. Zvezda, or "Star" Television, a TV channel owned and run by Russia's Ministry of Defense, will start broadcasting shows Sunday designed specifically to encourage patriotism.

"The ideology of the channel is simple," station chief Sergei Savushkin told a press conference at the Defense Ministry last week. "In order to defend, one has to love.”
Pitched battle against moronization...Russian TV relies heavily on Latin soap operas and Hollywood B-movies, leading many to complain about the amount of imported sex and violence on their screens.

Defense Minister Sergei Ivanov publicly criticized Russian TV’s general fare, telling the cabinet late last year that "the moronization of the people must be stopped."
“I want to create a warm, positive station that the Russian people will see as their own,” said Savushkin. He added that all programs and commercials on Zvezda must be made in Russia.
Hmmmm....

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/6987348/
Old 02-18-2005, 11:26 AM
Dirty Redhead

Car Info: 05 WRX Wagon (Crystal Gray)
"the moronization of the people must be stopped."
So they are going against the American policy?
Old 02-18-2005, 02:40 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 03 WRX
Wow, I'm glad our media is a free enterprise. I hope they don't start showing stuff like this again, otherwise we'll have some angry russians.

https://www.i-club.com/forums/videos-142/awesome-dance-video-dont-worry-its-funny-82420/
Old 02-18-2005, 09:45 PM
VIP Member

Location: Are you too one of the few still living the past? Well I can change that! With a simple wicket. Yes, my friend, a wicket. PM for details.
Car Info: No car right now....sob.
In Russia TV propogates you!

No offense to Alex or any KGB members who may be reading this.
Old 02-19-2005, 04:23 PM

Car Info: 05' WRX
It's not that bad, really. There is not sensorship of Russian T.V (as the article states). There is nudity on during the day and many Brazillian soap operas (that are much worse than ours). My wife is Russian and I have spent time there with her family. They are already very patriotic. From what I understand from them, this is equivalent to our History channel - and nobody has to watch it. Everybody I have talked with knows that serving their mandatory two years in the army is a horrible experience, buy many view it as an accomplishment where they become a man. It does worry me a little, however, that Russia in general is moving back towards a more government controlled society - but that is another issue.
Old 02-19-2005, 05:28 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 03 WRX
Originally Posted by Red 5
From what I understand from them, this is equivalent to our History channel - and nobody has to watch it.
The history channel isn't controlled by the govt. I think it's owned by ted turner.