Teh Politics Forum Rumors and lies and Teh Iraqi Info Minister and much much more...

Prison... A high school req?

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2007, 05:25 AM

Car Info: Sline
Prison... A high school req?

The Article

Basically, Sen. Tim Green (D- MO) introduced a bill requiring all public 9th graders take a tour of state correctional facilities before their sophomore year. Principals and superintendents who do not comply would face being fired.

Discussion?
Old 02-06-2007, 06:11 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: 02 Impreza WRX Sedan & 2008 GMC Sierra 4x4
Originally Posted by jvick125
The Article

Basically, Sen. Tim Green (D- MO) introduced a bill requiring all public 9th graders take a tour of state correctional facilities before their sophomore year. Principals and superintendents who do not comply would face being fired.

Discussion?

I think it's a great idea. I toured a "prison" when I was in my freshman year at high school and I came away from that experience knowing that that was one place I never wanted to end up.

I still remember what one of the worst punishments were for those that were bad. They would put them on what is called the "LOAF" They would take all your food for the day and blend it up and bake it in the oven. When I say all your food I mean everything you were supposed to get that day, breakfast, lunch, dinner and all the liquids too. It was nasty.
Old 02-06-2007, 08:58 AM

Wow, that's disgusting... I've seen a few shows on Discovery about high security prisons. I couldn't imagine having my life that controlled.
Old 02-06-2007, 12:01 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2003 WRX, 2008 Camry
Seems practical enough. I’m sure a lot of prisoners would love to show them how life is like inside prison. Give them some purpose.

There's a lot of things high schools could be doing differently. My buddy and I were talking about how we practically slept through AP Economics our senior year the other day. Why the **** weren't we learning about how to own a house in the next ten years is beyond me. Something that all seniors could have actually benefited from.
Old 02-06-2007, 07:11 PM

Originally Posted by Salty
Seems practical enough. I’m sure a lot of prisoners would love to show them how life is like inside prison. Give them some purpose.

There's a lot of things high schools could be doing differently. My buddy and I were talking about how we practically slept through AP Economics our senior year the other day. Why the **** weren't we learning about how to own a house in the next ten years is beyond me. Something that all seniors could have actually benefited from.
I concur. I think HS should be taught more realistically. Such as how you can apply the economics to your life. English I think could use work too. I see so many people with terrible grammar in their papers and online. I know online is different, but wuz up wit it yO, that crap bugs the hell outta me.
Old 02-07-2007, 12:58 AM

I did it.

Pretty intresting and I knew I'd never want to go there.