Teh Politics Forum Rumors and lies and Teh Iraqi Info Minister and much much more...

It's one thing to ignore the evidence...

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2007, 12:12 PM

Car Info: '05 Crystal Grey Metallic WRX Sport Wagon
It's one thing to ignore the evidence...

...it's an entirely different thing to try to change the evidence in your favor. If this prooves to be true, this is certainly another impeachable offence that will somehow slide by without any consequence for Bush...the things this guy and his admin get away with without the public batting an eye is astonishing....

http://www.cnn.com/2007/POLITICS/01/....ap/index.html
Old 01-31-2007, 01:20 PM

Car Info: 1993/2000/2001 GF4 mostly red
Originally Posted by CNN.com article
At Boxer's Senate hearing, her predecessor as chairman of the Environment and Public Works Committee, Sen. James Inhofe, R-Oklahoma, had his own view of the science.

There is "no convincing scientific evidence" that human activity is causing global warming, declared Inhofe, who once called global warming a hoax. "We all know the Weather Channel would like to have people afraid all the time."

"I'll put you down as skeptical," replied Boxer.
ROFL MAO!~
Old 02-02-2007, 03:19 PM

Car Info: ...

Last edited by lethalpsi; 01-02-2010 at 03:58 AM.
Old 02-02-2007, 04:16 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: Broken Subarus
I don't think anyone is denying climate change. The denial is whether human impact is affecting the climate or if it is natural. Is it worth billions upon billions of dollars and lord knows the ripple affect on the world economy, to act on speculation. The planet has been in a warming trend since the ice age. , long before any human in a hummer ever existed. There have been major step taken to control the service life of aging industrial equipment. Example: the BAAQMD reduces NOx and CO limits that power generation units can produce each year. This causes power producers to decommission older units and purchase newer, cleaner, more efficient units. This is a good thing. Sure there is big money and big oil involved, the petroleum industry will always be around, they are just not going anywhere. Maybe we can stop funding medical research, immunizations, and an AIDS free Africa, to pay for cleaner greener energy. This has two positives, less people the petroleum industry needs to support, and fresher air. I don't think I will ever attribute my measly little existence to the end of the world. That's just not a burden I'm willing to accept or be responsible for.
Old 02-02-2007, 05:13 PM

Car Info: Sline
I read about the "cover up". It made me :rotfl:
Old 02-02-2007, 05:22 PM

Originally Posted by ipozestu
I don't think anyone is denying climate change. The denial is whether human impact is affecting the climate or if it is natural.

First off, there are certainly people who are still calling global warming a hoax. Secondly, there is NO dispute within the scientific community that humans are drastically altering the rates at which climate change is taking place. The only people who claim that humans are not impacting climate change are either paid by someone who will gain an advantage if people think what's happening is natural, or they are meta-scientists who are acting on feelings and hunches rather than the collected body of data. The admin knows this, so they hide and alter the data to show that there may be a dispute about it, to fuel arguments like the one you posted.

The truth is that humans are causing huge impacts, the gov't has the power and ability to implement actions which would reduce the impact, but they are unwilling to because it would mean upseting their friends. They are trading the security of the environment in the long run for the security of a few people's cash and some votes in the present.

Not to mention that they likely are interfering with and misrepresenting gov't funded research and lying to the American people again...both of which would normally be dealt with by impeachment.

Last edited by MVWRX; 02-02-2007 at 05:28 PM.
Old 02-02-2007, 06:05 PM
iClub Silver Vendor

Car Info: 2005 LGT wagon
What would happen if the US gave up oil in five yrs?
Old 02-02-2007, 06:58 PM

Car Info: 1993/2000/2001 GF4 mostly red
Originally Posted by Paul@dbtuned
What would happen if the US gave up oil in five yrs?
I'd remind myself to pack my skis when I went to hell.
Old 02-02-2007, 07:22 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 1995 Impreza L
Originally Posted by MVWRX
First off, there are certainly people who are still calling global warming a hoax. Secondly, there is NO dispute within the scientific community that humans are drastically altering the rates at which climate change is taking place. The only people who claim that humans are not impacting climate change are either paid by someone who will gain an advantage if people think what's happening is natural, or they are meta-scientists who are acting on feelings and hunches rather than the collected body of data. The admin knows this, so they hide and alter the data to show that there may be a dispute about it, to fuel arguments like the one you posted.

The truth is that humans are causing huge impacts, the gov't has the power and ability to implement actions which would reduce the impact, but they are unwilling to because it would mean upseting their friends. They are trading the security of the environment in the long run for the security of a few people's cash and some votes in the present.

Not to mention that they likely are interfering with and misrepresenting gov't funded research and lying to the American people again...both of which would normally be dealt with by impeachment.
So have you given up driving a regular car? How about not using any product from some of these industries? Maybe you purchased a solar roof to harness 90% of you energy usage from the sun. Personally reading back thru all history this current trend of weather is pretty ordinary, of course I probably need alot more schooling/funding to make that decision.
Old 02-02-2007, 07:30 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: Broken Subarus
Yeah El nino bring all of the crack pots out.
Old 02-02-2007, 08:26 PM

Originally Posted by pbchief2
So have you given up driving a regular car? How about not using any product from some of these industries? Maybe you purchased a solar roof to harness 90% of you energy usage from the sun. Personally reading back thru all history this current trend of weather is pretty ordinary, of course I probably need alot more schooling/funding to make that decision.
What?! This current trend is anything but ordinary. You need a lot more schooling on this if you believe that. Take a global ecology class if you are in college.
Old 02-03-2007, 11:47 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2003 WRX, 2008 Camry
All I know is that I'm tired of the partisan global warming debate. If we have technology that allows us to handsfree parallel park then I should be getting 100mpg on mixture of compost, cord blood and baby seal fat. You get the idea... i'm not a scientist.
Old 02-03-2007, 01:41 PM

Originally Posted by Salty
All I know is that I'm tired of the partisan global warming debate. If we have technology that allows us to handsfree parallel park then I should be getting 100mpg on mixture of compost, cord blood and baby seal fat. You get the idea... i'm not a scientist.

Exactly, we would but the gov't is keeping the research hidden so noone thinks it's a big enough deal to invest in better MPG technology, and the oil companies are in the pokcets of the politicians.
Old 02-04-2007, 01:11 AM

Car Info: Sline
Originally Posted by MVWRX
Exactly, we would but the gov't is keeping the research hidden so noone thinks it's a big enough deal to invest in better MPG technology, and the oil companies are in the pokcets of the politicians.
THERE ARE ALIENS IN NEVADA!!! But you can't see them, the government hides them from me.
Old 02-06-2007, 06:26 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: 02 Impreza WRX Sedan & 2008 GMC Sierra 4x4
Originally Posted by jvick125
THERE ARE ALIENS IN NEVADA!!! But you can't see them, the government hides them from me.
If you don't think big oil has Washington in their pocket then you are not as bright as I thought you were.

It's common sense really. We can send a robot to land on mars, drive around and take pictures and send them back to earth, but we can't make a car go 100 miles on a gallon of whatever? Where is the Mr. Fusion on the back of everyone's Delorean?

We have ships that don't have to refuel for 30 friggin years or some crazy number like that.

WTF is up?

Quick Reply: It's one thing to ignore the evidence...