Teh Politics Forum Rumors and lies and Teh Iraqi Info Minister and much much more...

Pot is now legal in Denver

Old 11-02-2005, 03:20 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2005 CGM WRX Wagon
Pot is now legal in Denver

http://www.9news.com/acm_news.aspx?O...7-c589c01ca7bf

I agree with the new law. It'll take the load off the legal system prosecuting these people for a petty offense. To me, that was a big waste of my tax dollars.

Other thoughts???
Old 11-02-2005, 03:27 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 03 WRX
I think it should be treated and regulated like alcolhol.
Old 11-02-2005, 03:35 PM
Token Toyota Mod

Car Info: Something german
Isn't it legal in Alaska too?
Old 11-02-2005, 03:41 PM

Car Info: '05 Crystal Grey Metallic WRX Sport Wagon
I hope this spreads. Of course, with a Bush in the WH it won't. And I wouldn't be surprised to see a few federal arrests in Denver just so the feds can flex a little.

The war on drugs, like the war on terror, has created more enemies and problems than the 'enemy' itself. ENOUGH WITH THE GOD DAMNED THEORETICAL WARS, YOU FREAKING REPUBLICANS.
Old 11-02-2005, 03:53 PM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by MVWRX
ENOUGH WITH THE GOD DAMNED THEORETICAL WARS, YOU FREAKING REPUBLICANS.
lol
Old 11-02-2005, 04:09 PM

Car Info: 72 Vespa with curb feelers
This is absolutely wonderful! Maybe the majority of unproductive pot-smokers will all go there and stop leaching off of our local govts... that's if they can remember it was legalized there.
Old 11-02-2005, 04:11 PM
VIP Member

I know some pretty productive pot smokers
Old 11-02-2005, 04:31 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2003 WRX, 2008 Camry
I hope this spreads. Of course, with a Bush in the WH it won't. And I wouldn't be surprised to see a few federal arrests in Denver just so the feds can flex a little.

The war on drugs, like the war on terror, has created more enemies and problems than the 'enemy' itself. ENOUGH WITH THE GOD DAMNED THEORETICAL WARS, YOU FREAKING REPUBLICANS.
This post doesn't make any sense.

If this article is correct then didn't the people of Denver vote for it while Bush was in office as opposed to any other President before him? And if it's trumped by Colorado State law (which it will be), then explain how State law = Bush? And in other news Bush is also responsible for the high price of raw materials China just so happens to be eating like Mrs. PacMan.

The really sad part is that regardless of if I think pot should be legalized and taxed (which I do) or if you think it's another "theoretical war" by the right, the majority of Americans don't see the same things you and I do in this respect. This is what matters in America.

Last edited by Salty; 11-02-2005 at 04:41 PM.
Old 11-02-2005, 04:56 PM

...I know that post was a little abstract. I was getting at the point that republicans have started the two most absurd wars ever...the war on drugs and the war on terror. The local legislation will be trumped by federal pressure, even if it happens at the state level. The feds are the reason pot is illegal...we all know that. What's funny is that there are people here who are politically very different, yet we all agree that weed should be legalized for a plethora of reasons...so why is the gov't (federal and most states) so disconected from reality?
Old 11-02-2005, 04:57 PM

Talking

Originally Posted by VIBEELEVEN
I know some pretty productive pot smokers

There are many of us...noone where I work has a clue I smoke pot, I produce more one year after my BS than a lot of the MS's here.
Old 11-02-2005, 05:11 PM

Car Info: Sline
I agree that it should be regulated like alcohol. Upto an ounce is a good level. I think though, that they should remain just as, if not more, strict on the rest of the pot laws. (ie: intent to sell, felony posessions, etc) I've seen some ppl be very productive from pot and I've also seen it ruin some people's lives.
Old 11-02-2005, 07:09 PM

Car Info: 2004 WRX in WR Blue
The reason why is can't be regulated like alc. is because there is no instant test method for it. Al so, when you consume pot you reach a state of high with no in between. You are either high or your not. Its not like getting a buzz from a few beers.
Old 11-02-2005, 08:25 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 02WRXpseudoSTiWannabeWagon
There are many of us...noone where I work has a clue I smoke pot, I produce more one year after my BS than a lot of the MS's here.
My opinion is that pot is def a miniscule threat, if any, compared to alcohol and tobacco, but I'm wondering how long you've been smoking and how objectively you could characterize the effects it's had on you, both pro & con.

Obviously, since I've been in the military for near 20yrs, my experimentation has been extremely limited. When I tried it, I was usually tremendously blitzed already. I've never had a positive experience with it. Not knocking it, although (while I really am seriously not trying to poke you at all) one could draw the conclusion that those that smoke may lack a small amount of judgement given that....it is against the law. And though the associated penalty for smoking or possession is extremely high based on the low harm it causes to anyone, it's still enough of a reason for me to steer clear; no matter how right or wrong the severity of the penalty is.
Old 11-02-2005, 09:00 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2003 WRX, 2008 Camry
Don't lie, Pat. "Hmmm... my last digit is 0 so we'll do 5, 3, 1, and 9 this morning , 1SG."
Old 11-02-2005, 09:04 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 02WRXpseudoSTiWannabeWagon
Man, in the world I'm in, if we did urinalysis, I'd be a busy man.....

Just kidding.

On a related note, have you ever met a hopefully very soon-to-be MAJ whose been court-martialed?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Pot is now legal in Denver