Teh Politics Forum Rumors and lies and Teh Iraqi Info Minister and much much more...

Portland Bush, War, Neo Con, Soldier and whatever else protest

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2007, 11:51 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2003 WRX, 2008 Camry
Portland Bush, War, Neo Con, Soldier and whatever else protest

Anonymity sure breeds courage!

http://linfield.facebook.com/album.p...05&id=65201211

I know a lot of the protest goers don't agree with the actions of these hidden anarchists. Makes you wonder why they aren't risking jail time despite their right to free speech. I mean there's huge amount of them surrounding this display that could crush the anarchists' efforts. But nope. Proof that we can never let these spineless cowards ever have control over the country.

Makes me happy that most Presidential candidates are more than capable of defending the country regardless of views.

Last edited by Salty; 03-21-2007 at 12:00 PM.
Old 03-21-2007, 11:57 AM
VIP Member

Nothing ever changes though...

I remember when me and some friends (both army and civilian) ate at Clydes in Washington D.C.. The booth behind us was full of these losers and they were planning a gathering outside the finish line for the Marine Corps Marathon. They got to talking about the servicemen so we stood-up and approached their table. Never seen people pucker-up so fast. And of course the leader was some late 40s loser surrounded by teenagers.
Old 03-21-2007, 12:09 PM

Car Info: 05 STi
HAHAHA There was a war protest in a city I just so happened to be visiting on orders. I was walking down the street in my uniform and the road was divided between the protesters and people (likely right wing) watching these idiots make fools of themselves. As much as I would have liked to punch one in the face I walked right toward an anti-soldier one. He seemed a little shocked by what might turn out to be a confrontation. I shrugged at him like I was going to hit him just enough that he'd notice only to see him duck and cover. I kept right on walking like I had someplace to go. I know anyone that saw it had to be laughing. It made my day.
Old 03-21-2007, 03:46 PM
VIP Member

Man, you must really be desperate for approval, purpose, and camaraderie if you're an anarchist. They're completely unorganized and claim to be anti-government. The most they've ever done against the grain of Uncle Sam probably involves spray paint. About the most organized part of them is their matching closes and being able to show-up on time to burn a flag and some old camo clothing. Good job guys!

They have to be following someone they look-up to like the 40yr old creep at Clydes I mentioned earlier. I'd say a good 95% must not completely buy into the crap their little gangs stand for. I bet a lot would actually do well after finding purpose in the military and other meaningful organizations. A lot of otherwise good energy to wasted I say.

And that's just the thing that proves how ***** they are aside from hiding behind clothing. A lot of them don't have reasons not to join the military or other legitimate organization that gives them the order they crave.
Old 03-21-2007, 04:04 PM

Car Info: 1993/2000/2001 GF4 mostly red
Salty, you give these groups too much credence. Nobody outside of them gives a damn.
Old 03-21-2007, 04:08 PM
VIP Member

Oh i know. I'm just saying...
Old 03-22-2007, 05:40 AM

Car Info: Sline
The irony. Proper disposal of a flag includes burning it, but in a dignified way. So when they're trying to do something anti-American, they're actually doing something very American. (If that makes sense).

Originally Posted by U.S. Code Collection Title 4, Section 8
(a) The flag should never be displayed with the union down, except as a signal of dire distress in instances of extreme danger to life or property.
(k) The flag, when it is in such condition that it is no longer a fitting emblem for display, should be destroyed in a dignified way, preferably by burning.
Website
Old 03-22-2007, 11:42 AM
VIP Member

Buring the flag is patriotic. The problem is here: (k) The flag, when it is in such condition that it is no longer a fitting emblem for display, should be destroyed in a dignified way, preferably by burning.

Flag looked fine to me. And dignified flew right out the window as they burned a Soldier in effigy. Also, let's not forget what anarchists stand for... There's nothing dignified about that either.

U.S. flags should be destroyed in a dignified and solemn ceremony according to the American Legion on flag etiquette. You can turn in your worn, unserviceable flags to them for proper, respectful disposal. Giving them to a bunch of pimple-faced, unemployed POS teenagers doesn't count.

Last edited by Salty; 03-22-2007 at 11:45 AM.
Old 03-22-2007, 12:06 PM

Car Info: 05 STi
Originally Posted by Salty
Man, you must really be desperate for approval, purpose, and camaraderie if you're an anarchist. They're completely unorganized and claim to be anti-government. The most they've ever done against the grain of Uncle Sam probably involves spray paint. About the most organized part of them is their matching closes and being able to show-up on time to burn a flag and some old camo clothing. Good job guys!

They have to be following someone they look-up to like the 40yr old creep at Clydes I mentioned earlier. I'd say a good 95% must not completely buy into the crap their little gangs stand for. I bet a lot would actually do well after finding purpose in the military and other meaningful organizations. A lot of otherwise good energy to wasted I say.

And that's just the thing that proves how ***** they are aside from hiding behind clothing. A lot of them don't have reasons not to join the military or other legitimate organization that gives them the order they crave.

I know seriously. In real anarchy they'd be begging for the police to save them when looters with AKs came to their house. They mostly all just really insecure kids who haven't yet found a purpose in life.
Old 03-22-2007, 01:20 PM
VIP Member

Also, they flew the union down which is crap in their case. Another reason why their burning was inappropriate and unpatriotic.

I hate what people consider to be patriotic. Listen, raising a Mexican flag above the US flag is not patriotic. Burning a flag and Soldier in effigy is NOT patriotic. I can go on and on... Yes, it's arguably part of their rights to speech but that doesn't mean they're in violation of laws pertaining to arson, etc. Their rights can quickly go away in these cases.
Old 03-22-2007, 01:23 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: '13 BRZ Limited / '02 WRX
its one thing to hate bush and protest him and the war, its another thing to burn an upside-down american flag! thats not voicing anything except hate and disrespect for the country.
Old 03-22-2007, 01:27 PM

I don't hate my country, but I don't have much respect for it.

Anyway, the flag-burning issue is silly. Nobody in a political group that can be taken seriously does it, and those who raise hell abotu the idiots that do it are only genrating attention for them they would otherwise lack. Let it go salty, their ignorance has no effect on either the day to day business, or perception thereof, of our nation or its government.
Old 03-22-2007, 01:38 PM
iClub Silver Vendor

Car Info: 2005 LGT wagon
I love America and as such politely ask you to leave her if you don't respect her.
Now, if you don't respect the gov't....
Old 03-22-2007, 02:04 PM

Originally Posted by Paul@dbtuned
I love America and as such politely ask you to leave her if you don't respect her.
Now, if you don't respect the gov't....
What definitions of "America" are there besides the government, the citizens, and the physical land? 2 out of 3 suck, at least for the most part.
Old 03-22-2007, 04:52 PM
iClub Silver Vendor

Car Info: 2005 LGT wagon
Originally Posted by BAN SUVS
What definitions of "America" are there besides the government, the citizens, and the physical land? 2 out of 3 suck, at least for the most part.
Then why stay?
There are over 120 other countries for you to choose from.

Quick Reply: Portland Bush, War, Neo Con, Soldier and whatever else protest