Teh Politics Forum Rumors and lies and Teh Iraqi Info Minister and much much more...
View Poll Results: Poll: Should we ditch Iraq immediately and invade Oman and Iran, then Yemen...
As stated. Redirect away from Iraq, invade Oman and Iraq simultaneously, then Yemen, then Syria, then Pak
38.46%
We should continue on as planned. The PTB (powers that be) know what they're doing and aren't hamstrung by politics
30.77%
We should stop in Iraq, for now, but we should invade those others in this order.... (please explain in a post)
7.69%
We SHOULD just pull out of Iraq and Afghanistan and everywhere else, secure our borders, build bunkers and reserves on our own shores, and put our heads in the sand
23.08%
Voters: 13. You may not vote on this poll

Poll: Should we ditch Iraq immediately and invade Oman and Iran, then Yemen...

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2005, 09:59 AM

Originally Posted by dose84
i would have to disagree. i live in canada and want to all the americans know that there are many of us who fully support what america is doing. i think bush is a strong leader. a good or bad one is up to debate but he is not afraid to make difficult decisions. i would have voted for him.
I fully believe that in 20 yrs time the iraqis will be far better off than they ever were. i hope you guys go after iran and pakistan when your done with iraq. those places are just breeding grounds for terrorism.
comming from a country with spinless leaders, all i want to say is god bless america for having the ***** to do what is right, no matter what the rest of the world thinks.
Guess what your in the minority. And you are sadly repeating rhetoric that has been spewed out by this adminstration. EVERY president has to make difficult decisions not just him. Its part of the gig you know? And he isn't a strong leader, a strong leader would be able to speak for what he believes and back it with facts. Something he lacks in doing, oh and actually be able to defend his ideas more than just half assed.

Second off you do know if we enter either Iran or Pakistan it will become a breeding ground for terrorism just like, heres the big shocker, Iraq is right now. Also I find it amusing that you think your leaders are spinless because they standup for something they don't believe in! Go figure standing with your beliefs makes you spinless.
Old 01-19-2005, 10:02 AM

Originally Posted by ericdared81
Well Iran is sure poking a stick at the U.S. with these comments.

http://www.cnn.com/2005/WORLD/meast/...eut/index.html

In all honesty what would you expect them to say? Especially with the news of US sending special forces in to their country? On top of that look at their geographical position. Don't know about you but if my neighbors got attacked, rightfly or wrongly, I sure as hell would start bunkering my *** in. And for those that don't get it im not defending them Im just saying that if I was in their position I would try as hard as possible to d up and try to bluff my way out of a fight.

Last edited by Unregistered; 01-19-2005 at 10:05 AM.
Old 01-19-2005, 10:04 AM

Originally Posted by gpatmac
If I had a say, I'd add Saudi Arabia and I would cease our most-favored relationship with Israel. They shouldn't have any favoritism over that which any other country gets.

Wow we actually agree. We are making a HUGE mistake in my eyes by supporting Israel the way we are. We are creating a lot of hate towards us because of it. Hate we don't need to be creating. Not to mention that Saudi Arabia should of been the one attacked with Afghanistan not Iraq. Or atleast pressured to let us in to take out terrorist.
Old 01-19-2005, 10:06 AM

And all that above is why I quit the Political forums the first time thats way to much time spent on this.
Old 01-19-2005, 10:42 AM

Car Info: Stock Legacy Turbo Wagon Silver
Originally Posted by Unregistered
My bachelors is in Mirco Cell biology. I worked in a lab for over TWO years in UT
I thought it was a bachelors in Micro Cell Biology? Now its a masters and your a physical therapist?
Old 01-19-2005, 03:08 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 02WRXpseudoSTiWannabeWagon
If you knew my whole background you would second guess some of the comments you have made earlier about me.
Nope, doubt it.
Old 01-19-2005, 03:18 PM

Originally Posted by deyes
I thought it was a bachelors in Micro Cell Biology? Now its a masters and your a physical therapist?

Umm you need a bachelor then you can get a masters. I thought that was a given. Thanks for answering my points gpat...sure makes your points more valid.

Last edited by Unregistered; 01-19-2005 at 03:21 PM.
Old 01-19-2005, 03:21 PM

Car Info: 04 Silver WRX Wagon
Originally Posted by dose84
i would have to disagree. i live in canada

Whoops... Canadian citizenship disqualifies you right off the bat.

hehe... j/k. Welcome to Teh American Politics Forum!! :banana:
Old 01-19-2005, 03:23 PM

Car Info: 04 Silver WRX Wagon
I'll take Option #5: International Diplomacy.

The whole "Whehew Im a Texan and Ive got a six shooter" shtick is wearing thin and our economy sucks and our troops are getting killed. Let's end this madness
Old 01-19-2005, 05:58 PM
VIP Member

Thanks for answering my points gpat...sure makes your points more valid.
You write a lot but say nothing. Validate your 'points' with facts.
Old 01-19-2005, 11:02 PM

Here's a fact for you. In the years ETA has been working in Spain, the time when it lessend wasn't do to miltary force or police force. It was when the people no longer could take it. I still love how you fail to address my points and just side step again and again. Oh one more question show me a case where using force on terrorism has stopped terrorist actions? Maybe Im wrong but off the top of my head I can't think of one. And I didn't know I had to validate my oppinion with facts everytime I brought up a point.
Old 01-20-2005, 01:58 AM

Car Info: 1973 Huevo Ranchero
Here's a fact for you. In the years ETA has been working in Spain, the time when it lessend wasn't do to miltary force or police force. It was when the people no longer could take it. I still love how you fail to address my points and just side step again and again. Oh one more question show me a case where using force on terrorism has stopped terrorist actions? Maybe Im wrong but off the top of my head I can't think of one. And I didn't know I had to validate my oppinion with facts everytime I brought up a point.
<gdogg spellcheck on>this may seem like mudslinging... but i noticed how you take pride in your degree... i never finished college, but is it not supposed to be lessened and opinion? again i am no scholar but these 2 words caught my attention through all the mumble jumble. otherwise this thread is a pretty good read. thanks pat for stirring up my thoughts on this issue.<gdogg spellcheck off>

aloha from the summit of *-^-Mauna Kea-^-*
Old 01-20-2005, 04:38 AM
VIP Member

Well that's part of the problem. You can state opinion or even points that you severely believe to be absolute fact, but you know as well as I do that if there are dissenters, they will need background information; hopefully factual, in order to retort.

The Colts are the best team in the NFL: no they're not. They got beat by the Patriots in the playoffs.

God is alive: no he isn't because he allowed my mama to be killed in that industrial accident down at the plant.

Spain has a terrorist problem: no they don't. They have a bunch of redneck basques who just happen to be a little more motivated and sophisticated than the militia you find in the US.
Old 01-20-2005, 09:14 AM

Car Info: Stock Legacy Turbo Wagon Silver
Umm you need a bachelor then you can get a masters. I thought that was a given.
Yep, and I don't believe you have either.
Old 01-20-2005, 10:35 PM

Originally Posted by gdogg
<gdogg spellcheck on>this may seem like mudslinging... but i noticed how you take pride in your degree... i never finished college, but is it not supposed to be lessened and opinion? again i am no scholar but these 2 words caught my attention through all the mumble jumble. otherwise this thread is a pretty good read. thanks pat for stirring up my thoughts on this issue.<gdogg spellcheck off>
aloha from the summit of *-^-Mauna Kea-^-*

Its my third language. And I never claimed to be a great speller. Oh and why shouldn't I take pride in my degree's I worked my *** off to finish them both and do well. He is the one who made the stupid comment about still being in highschool.

Last edited by Unregistered; 01-21-2005 at 09:21 AM.

Quick Reply: Poll: Should we ditch Iraq immediately and invade Oman and Iran, then Yemen...