Teh Politics Forum Rumors and lies and Teh Iraqi Info Minister and much much more...

Political Party Flaws

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2004, 09:41 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2003 WRX, 2008 Camry
Political Party Flaws

Name a flaw of the political party you favor the most. Be honest...

As a moderate-Republican I can safely say that I would vote for a Democrat if I thought they were a good leader and shared similar views.

What makes me mad about the Republican party is that they'll never get past the pro-choice ideal. They're too hard-headed to nominate a pro-choice candidate and would rather nominate someone with conservative views. I believe they'd win the 2008 election in a heartbeat if they got past this issue and nominated a moderate-Republican. This is why I don't believe McCain will make in 2008 even though I want him to get the RNC nomination.

When everything's said and done I highly doubt abortion will ever be abolished due to our personal freedoms and access to clothes hangers. I feel education on abortion is the best alternate and I wish the Republican party would put the issue to rest in order to focus on bigger fishes.

Next!
Old 11-12-2004, 10:11 AM

Car Info: 04 Silver WRX Wagon
I'll take a stab...

I typically vote the Dem party line. While I believe in social welfare to a certain extent, Democrats are all too willing to pump a lot of money into social welfare at the expense of taxpayers (and schools, etc...). This country needs welfare designed to motivate people and help them stand on their own two feet.

But this extends far beyond social welfare. Look at the public govt sector. We have far too many underqualified people in positions because of tenureship. If the DMV, the Post Office, and otehr public entities were private corporations, they would either file Chapter 11 or revise their business strategies.

In the end, though, the dollars spent in these areas pales in comparison to what we spend on defense
Old 11-12-2004, 11:56 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: CRZ EX-Navi/6MT & Vue Redline
Obviously, I'm a Dem, and one flaw currently with my party is thier loose organization and catering to the far left. When I first signed up as a Dem we were in the final years of Clinton, a moderat dem, and the party was fairly well organized and very powerful. However, over the last four or five years, the party's hatred of Bush and the far right has made my party too extream. Somehow, the word 'liberal' has been made dirty by the likes of Al Sharpton, Jesse Jackson, and Michael Moore.

What happened to the Moderate Liberals with whome most people agreed with, or at least, very few strongly disagreed with?

-Chris
Old 11-12-2004, 12:03 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2003 WRX, 2008 Camry
Originally Posted by bassplayrr
Obviously, I'm a Dem, and one flaw currently with my party is thier loose organization and catering to the far left. When I first signed up as a Dem we were in the final years of Clinton, a moderat dem, and the party was fairly well organized and very powerful. However, over the last four or five years, the party's hatred of Bush and the far right has made my party too extream. Somehow, the word 'liberal' has been made dirty by the likes of Al Sharpton, Jesse Jackson, and Michael Moore.

What happened to the Moderate Liberals with whome most people agreed with, or at least, very few strongly disagreed with?

-Chris
Good one
Old 11-12-2004, 12:26 PM

Car Info: Stock Legacy Turbo Wagon Silver
I would have to say that the Republican party does not do a good enough job of relating to minorities. In my experience they (minorities) want to be courted so to speak, and when you don't pander to organized minority voter groups you lose a lot of face in their communities.
Old 11-12-2004, 02:08 PM

Car Info: '05 Crystal Grey Metallic WRX Sport Wagon
I don't like how the democratic party likes to make the gov't bigger. I don't see why the idea of a larger government has to be so tied to the liberal point of view.
Old 11-12-2004, 02:44 PM

Every day, you become closer and closer to being a Republican conservative. Good for you!
Old 11-12-2004, 02:52 PM

Car Info: 04 Silver WRX Wagon
He does? The current Republican administration has taken military spending to disgusting new heights.

You would probably be shocked to see how big our govt is because of our military's massive size.

Plus, with the Patriot Act, Big Brother has taken on a new (and scary) meaning
Old 11-12-2004, 02:54 PM

Millitary spending and size to me are not the issue when it comes to big government. Its governmental regulatory agencies that are the biggest evil when it comes to personal freedoms in my mind.
Old 11-12-2004, 11:45 PM
Dahveed aka Robin Hood

Car Info: (RIP) '04 STi Silver
I see Eric is unhappy with the Far-Right (hate 'em), and their influence on the Republican Party, and Chris with the Far-Left (hate 'em too), and theirs on the Democratic Party.

The two parties exist to benefit themselves, not us. They need each other...

I've found its hard to be a Centrist, you have no representation.

Another reason why an open primary should be a right!

Too bad it didn't pass in Cali this year, boo...
Old 11-13-2004, 01:18 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: CRZ EX-Navi/6MT & Vue Redline
Originally Posted by dahveed
I see Eric is unhappy with the Far-Right (hate 'em), and their influence on the Republican Party, and Chris with the Far-Left (hate 'em too), and theirs on the Democratic Party.

The two parties exist to benefit themselves, not us. They need each other...

I've found its hard to be a Centrist, you have no representation.

Another reason why an open primary should be a right!

Too bad it didn't pass in Cali this year, boo...
I agree with an open primary. It is a shame that it didn't pass.

-Chris
Old 11-13-2004, 10:08 AM
Dirty Redhead

Car Info: 05 WRX Wagon (Crystal Gray)
I'm actually undeclared but I vote more democrat than republican.

The biggest problem I have with the dems is that they won't just come out and say what they want to say. They have to run around it so they don't hurt anyone. True politican fashion.