Teh Politics Forum Rumors and lies and Teh Iraqi Info Minister and much much more...

Pill Usage In America...

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2005, 03:37 PM

Pill Usage In America...

When I first moved to the US, I went to a doctor concerning my ADD. First thing they suggested was for me to get on pills. Since I was young and my mom was a nurse she said no way. Im thankful she did that. Anyways what do you guys think of our society increasing reliance on pills as a answer for almost everything?
Old 01-13-2005, 04:02 PM
250,000-mile Club President

Car Info: MBP 02 WRX wagon
Did you forget your meds today too?
Old 01-13-2005, 04:16 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 03 WRX
Maybe you should try some meds
Old 01-13-2005, 04:17 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2003 WRX, 2008 Camry
God it's too easy!
Old 01-13-2005, 04:19 PM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by Unregistered
When I first moved to the US, I went to a doctor concerning my ADD. First thing they suggested was for me to get on pills. Since I was young and my mom was a nurse she said no way. Im thankful she did that. Anyways what do you guys think of our society increasing reliance on pills as a answer for almost everything?
I have ADD too, it can be worked out without meds, unfortunately, the american way has become the easy way, hence the diet pill and supplement market.
Old 01-13-2005, 04:22 PM

Car Info: 2000 2.5 RS
I think it's the pace of our society, our work ethic and our need for quick fixes for everything. I think the blame can be equally spread between the individual and society.

Plus i love pills. Man, some of those anti-anxiety drugs make playing Colin Mcrae 5 roughly the equivalent to the best thing in the world. And don't get me started on painkillers.....Yeeeeeeeha!
Old 01-13-2005, 04:27 PM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by constellation
I think it's the pace of our society, our work ethic and our need for quick fixes for everything. I think the blame can be equally spread between the individual and society. !
I agree wholeheartedly

Originally Posted by constellation
Plus i love pills. Man, some of those anti-anxiety drugs make playing Colin Mcrae 5 roughly the equivalent to the best thing in the world. And don't get me started on painkillers.....Yeeeeeeeha!
That explains alot
j/k
Old 01-13-2005, 04:28 PM
iClub Silver Vendor

Car Info: 2005 LGT wagon
I'm all for it!
But then again, I own stock in pharmaceutical companies.

But seriously, it's like the chicken & egg.
Which came first, the pill for your illness, or your did your illness demand a pill?
Old 01-13-2005, 04:32 PM

That explains alot
j/k
hhaha, man you have no idea how right you are.
Old 01-13-2005, 07:09 PM

Car Info: 72 Vespa with curb feelers
Originally Posted by VIBEELEVEN
I have ADD too, it can be worked out without meds, unfortunately, the american way has become the easy way, hence the diet pill and supplement market.
If you show any signs of masculinity or have a normal amount of male energy, you automatically have ADD. Ok, somewhat of an exaggeration, but partially true.

People weren't meant to sit in cubicles all day long, staring at a computer screen.
If you want to subject yourself to it, I recommend Ritalin! tHAT STUFF ROCKS!

But seriously, besides creating a drug-induced sensation of bipolar disorder, ritalin works to make you mentally energized to the point you can focus on a task. I quit taking it, though, because the end-of-day low sucks.

I get plenty of motivation through procrastination (resulting anxiety as motivator)and the will to keep moving my career forward.

Wellbuterin and other antidepressants to treat ADHD are useless, at least in my experience.

What people call ADD is part of your personality. If you want to be a drone, take drugs, but I don't recommend it.
Old 01-13-2005, 08:12 PM

I get plenty of motivation through procrastination (resulting anxiety as motivator)and the will to keep moving my career forward.
That is some of the funniest **** that i've ever seen you write. Lol. I hear you.

I work with complete idiots, the kind of kids in school who talked the loudest and had the least to show for their efforts - and i've found that working hard and trying to do a good job only gets them on your bad side - as they take it as if you are pulling rank or questioning their authority. So, to counteract my innate work ethic i started taking non-addictive painkillers - a drug called tramadol that effects your Mu-opioid receptors alot like a real opiate - except for this is unscheduled and contains no synthetic opiates. Now when my boss tells me to do somthing that i know is wrong, i just do it and dont mind - it's fantastic. I'm the perfect mindless drone worker - which is terribly depressing, but until the project is either shipped or canned - i gotta stay high.
I don't recommend it to anyone, as you forget huge chunks of months - but if you really really hate your job, nothing calms the nerves quite as well. Plus sleeping is this weird half state where you can literally fall asleep with your arms in the air. You wake up feeling great and stupid - which of course = happiness.

I know that salty doesn't want to hear my meaness explained away with drugs, but remember a long time ago when i started making terrible posts because of "painkillers"? Yeah, this is the stuff - still on it now and again, and when I'm really flossed out from the night before, im usually really really mean, in the most cheerfully condescending way - so dont take it too personally.

I took anti-depressants on and off for years and although they work, everything becomes two dimensional, and nothing is exciting - you're still your old self, but just limited in your range of emotions. It's great if you are REALLY down and just need a bit of help crawling out, but much more than that and you just become sorta greyscale.

I need to give ritalin a shot, from what i heard its some pretty potent stuff - and if i ever get a good job back at some FX house, im going to need it to stay sharp....well, want it to stay sharp i guess.

Old 01-13-2005, 08:16 PM

Have you guys heard of the new illness that is striking kids? It's pretty serious - it's called YTD.
Some symtoms include :
Abundant energy
Overly talkative
Play acting within elaborate fantasy worlds
Affinity for sugar.

If you guys have seen any signs of Youthful Tendency Disorder, contact your Doctor immediately, there are drugs for it .
Old 01-13-2005, 08:35 PM

I just have a extreemly hard time concentrating. (I have other symptons but thats the only one that really bothers me.) Its like my minds wanders non-stop. But I will not take pills for this. I find all the people that takes pills in excess have huge mood swings. One funny story was I was at a ex-gf place. She was a ***-hag so lived with a gay guy. Here we are on the couch trying to make out and the guy keeps running in yelling at their cats. Then the next minute he would simmer down then again yell. It was nuts. She later told me he was off his meds. Normaly the guy is super melo I guess that explained why.
Old 01-13-2005, 08:40 PM

I find all the people that takes pills in excess have huge mood swings.
uh..

She later told me he was off his meds. Normaly the guy is super melo I guess that explained why.
But....
Old 01-13-2005, 11:11 PM

Yeah yeah its late.... I ment like weed and stuff.... like ILLEGAL stuff. Anyways thanks for showing me my lack of logic tonight

Quick Reply: Pill Usage In America...