Teh Politics Forum Rumors and lies and Teh Iraqi Info Minister and much much more...

Pics from the sandbox. . .

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2008, 09:32 AM

Car Info: 07 WRX stage 2/ 05 Yamaha R6
Originally Posted by Irish_car_B0mb
Glenspen. wtf is your problem dude? Its people like you that make **** we have to do in this country a joke. Careful what you say on the radio or the FCC will fire you, careful what you show on tv or you will get sued.

**** that, just like those people that ***** about whats on tv or whats on the radio, you have the option to not watch tv, you have the option to turn the channel. no one forced you to look at those pictures. if you didnt like them just keep you mouth shut and go about your business click a different link or close internet explorer out and go take a bath in some petchuly.

I have a ton of friends/family in the military. He did not violate anything. He didnt give details, he didnt give area. he didnt show american faces. he wasnt posing with them. He didnt have leashes tied around their neck and he wasnt throwing them off a cliff.

My question i pose to you is, how do you know they were iraqi, how do you know they werent kuwati, how do you know they werent iranian, how do you know glenspen... fact is you dont. Do your self a favor go buy a soldier a beer, thank him for letting you ***** about **** like some pictures, cuz if it wasnt for him you might be dead, turn around and walk the **** away.

STI RUSH, thank you very much for doing what you have been doing the last 10 years, i could never do it. And i wish you well with your next 10.

dude..i couldnt have said it any better..I didnt even get a chance to read what glenspen said..I just went to last page and saw your comment. I didnt know what was goin on but all I can say is..u told his ***..lol..oh and thank you STI RUSH as well..i been supporting u guys since day 1..keep kickin some ***
Old 11-10-2008, 12:07 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2008 EVO X/1991 Nissan Skyline GT-R32
this happened the second time I came back from the Middle East. Greatest feeling ever to be home and see the support.

GlenSpen, thanks for showing that we are doing our jobs and allowing you to talk against the military and not get your hand cut off or head cut off.
oh, and the next time you get an email with an american getting his/her head cut off, remember how "bad" these guys were being treated.
Old 11-10-2008, 01:04 PM

Car Info: WRX --> RX-8--〉E93
i can't see the pictures for some reason but from reading the posts is that we should support our troops.
Old 11-10-2008, 01:49 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 05 WRX
My question i pose to you is, how do you know they were iraqi, how do you know they werent kuwati, how do you know they werent iranian, how do you know glenspen... fact is you dont. Do your self a favor go buy a soldier a beer, thank him for letting you ***** about **** like some pictures, cuz if it wasnt for him you might be dead, turn around and walk the **** away.

STI RUSH, thank you very much for doing what you have been doing the last 10 years, i could never do it. And i wish you well with your next 10.

How do I know they are Iraqi?, well the OP was "Can't discuss much of the details. . .Let's just say, we found the guys who were firing motors and rockets at us" so don't try and play this off as a training exercise.

Oh, the soldier that I send a care package to each month (Best friend & best man) prefers gatorade powder to beer, I guess he likes to stay hydrated. He's still not shown me any trophy pictures of enemy combatants because the CO of his unit (British Army Intelligence) won't allow him to take souvenir shots of the enemy. Maybe it's different for STI RUSH and they are allowed to photgraph and post pictures of anything they see for the amusement of others?
Old 11-10-2008, 02:13 PM
BAM9 Ladies choice Carshow winner

Car Info: 13 FR-S/05 STI
Originally Posted by glenspen
How do I know they are Iraqi?, well the OP was "Can't discuss much of the details. . .Let's just say, we found the guys who were firing motors and rockets at us" so don't try and play this off as a training exercise.

Oh, the soldier that I send a care package to each month (Best friend & best man) prefers gatorade powder to beer, I guess he likes to stay hydrated. He's still not shown me any trophy pictures of enemy combatants because the CO of his unit (British Army Intelligence) won't allow him to take souvenir shots of the enemy. Maybe it's different for STI RUSH and they are allowed to photgraph and post pictures of anything they see for the amusement of others?
Glenspen,

I don't want to give the impression that you don't support our troops. Obviously you do. And I thank you for that. I understand where your coming from when your talking about un-ethical pictures and why you feel we shouldn't post it for entertainment.

I don't know if there is anything that I can say that can give you that change of heart. But all I can do is explain. I've worked with the British CI (counter intelligence). I've worked S-2 which is branch of intel in the military and know exactly what is OPSEC or not. In fact, I am a OPSEC (operation security) instructor as well. So I am fully certified to know what is legal or not.

Ever since Abu Ghraib when the those Army guys took those horrifying and un-ethical pictures, they have upped the security as far as what leaves the warzone. All pictures or war items, THEY ARE NOT ALLOWED TO LEAVE; unlessed they are approved. Again, Every picture has to be approved, every item has to be approved through customs.

So all in all, the pics that were posted; passed both customs and the units approval.

I will never post anything of national security, operation security, or info security . . .

Please understand, i know what I'm allowed and not allowed to do. A few pictures of my experience was not wrong. Posting pictures that are illegal/un-ethical is considered jail time and not worth it on my end. So I will never take the chance to do that. I just need you to understand that professionally, I know what is expected of myself on and off duty.

The pictures that were posted were safely selected by myself and have passed through customs when I came home from war.

Let's just end this already. . . Both points have been said. . .

Glenspen thanks for you honesty, but from a fellow I-club family member, please understand that I do know what I'm doing.

Last edited by STI RUSH; 11-10-2008 at 02:18 PM.
Old 11-10-2008, 02:23 PM

Car Info: '15 LE STI, '06 WRX White Wheeled Wagon, '06 B9
So still, you have magical iraqi radar that lets you know. you know we are fighting on more than one front right? obviously you would have to know this with all of your education on what is and is not allowed to be posted. dude watch the news, there is worse **** shown on there than in this forum.

The onyl thing i can say is maybe this should have been posted in the politics forum. but thats why we have it so anything non-subie related has a home for discussion. looking through your post you have talked about things not subaru related as well.

with sti rush's statement what part of that indicates they are iraqi, maybe they are afghans, there is NO WAY WHATSOEVER you can tell what part of the middle east they are from.

Hell they could be in the US out in the middle of the Arizona desert for all you know and he was just pullin your leg and talking about rockets and what not.

I want some solid evidence that you know 100% what origin they are and i will take my comments back. although i know you can so just read previous comment over and over until you feel better about yourself.
Old 11-10-2008, 02:58 PM
Old School

Car Info: '99 RBP GM6
So still, you have magical iraqi radar that lets you know. you know we are fighting on more than one front right? obviously you would have to know this with all of your education on what is and is not allowed to be posted. dude watch the news, there is worse **** shown on there than in this forum.

The onyl thing i can say is maybe this should have been posted in the politics forum. but thats why we have it so anything non-subie related has a home for discussion. looking through your post you have talked about things not subaru related as well.

with sti rush's statement what part of that indicates they are iraqi, maybe they are afghans, there is NO WAY WHATSOEVER you can tell what part of the middle east they are from.

Hell they could be in the US out in the middle of the Arizona desert for all you know and he was just pullin your leg and talking about rockets and what not.

I want some solid evidence that you know 100% what origin they are and i will take my comments back. although i know you can so just read previous comment over and over until you feel better about yourself.
I'm pretty sure those are taken in Iraq or Afghanistan, lets be realistic here...

I don't find those dudes to be treated wrong though I understand what Glen is talking about.

Thanks to VRT and STI RUSH.

STI RUSH is correct. We need to drop it, and move on. Everyone has the right to comment and question, please don't make Glen out of be someone who doesn't support our troops, he evidently does.

Glen, lets not make STI RUSH out to be someone who treats detainees inhumanly, I think the pictures shows they are being treated pretty well.

Whether or not its unethical... that's up for debate, sure, but I think we should just drop it.
Old 11-10-2008, 04:12 PM

Car Info: .
BS...just like everywhere else, one crybaby mouths off and the kibosh is put on the whole thing for everyone else.
Old 11-10-2008, 04:47 PM

Car Info: 04 psm wrx sedan
people get butthurt tooo easily sometimes...i was thinkin the same thing about whether the pictures were even allowed to be posted but didnt know anything about how, when, why, etc the pictures were taken, so i didnt say anything and moved along because i trusted sti rush knew what he was doing when he posted them...

but sti rush i got a question..are you still out there?
Old 11-10-2008, 05:05 PM

Car Info: STi 07
People who say stupid crap about the soldiers and crap going on in Iraq should be sent and experience it for themselves. That sounds kind of harsh so I would make it easier. I am a Marine, anyone want to talk crap I challenge anyone who aint in the military to try some of our PT work outs with me. You will learn the definition of getting "SMOKED"! If you aint been in the ishh then dont even bother talking ishh!
Old 11-10-2008, 05:09 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 05 WRX
Originally Posted by Spoolin415
BS...just like everywhere else, one crybaby mouths off and the kibosh is put on the whole thing for everyone else.
If you can't accept that other people's opinions are different to your own without name calling you should probably avoid the internet.
Old 11-10-2008, 05:48 PM

Car Info: .
If you can't accept that other people's opinions are different to your own without name calling you should probably avoid the internet.
If you can't accept that other people have a different view of 'offensive' than you without trying to get what they posted taken down than perhaps YOU should be avoiding the internet. Last I checked you're the 1% in this equation, not anyone else.

Oh, and its not really name calling if its the truth.
Old 11-10-2008, 06:25 PM
Old School

Car Info: '99 RBP GM6
relax or lock
Old 11-10-2008, 06:29 PM
BAM9 Ladies choice Carshow winner

Car Info: 13 FR-S/05 STI
Moderators please delete this thread.
Old 11-11-2008, 10:12 AM
iClub Silver Vendor

Car Info: 2005 LGT wagon
Glenspen:
I have 2 questions for you:

Have you ever served in the military?
Where you really offended by the pictures?

Quick Reply: Pics from the sandbox. . .