Teh Politics Forum Rumors and lies and Teh Iraqi Info Minister and much much more...

Pics from the sandbox. . .

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2008, 11:10 PM

Car Info: 1999 RS Coupé- 1995 Mazda Miata -KTM 300
Well, this thread is in America...so F YEAH!
Old 11-09-2008, 11:13 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 05 WRX
Isn't it against the Geneva convention to take pictures of prisoners for entertainment??

Innocent till proven guilty. Do your job and stop taking glory shots of the supposed enemy.
Old 11-09-2008, 11:19 PM

Car Info: New Government Motors SUV!
Right on!

Stay hydrated.
Old 11-09-2008, 11:23 PM

Originally Posted by glenspen
Isn't it against the Geneva convention to take pictures of prisoners for entertainment??

Innocent till proven guilty. Do your job and stop taking glory shots of the supposed enemy.
Meh, I'm not going to write him up for it. He doesn't tell me how to do my job, so...
Old 11-09-2008, 11:25 PM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by Superglue WRX
Meh, I'm not going to write him up for it. He doesn't tell me how to do my job, so...
As a country we have to set an example on how we treat prisoners. Posting shots of iraqi's for the entertainment of a car forum is not ethical.
Old 11-09-2008, 11:32 PM

Car Info: .

Are you serious? C'mon, lets stop sniffing the patchouli.

Read "Lone Survivor" and then lets talk about ROA and the Geneva Convention. I'd place a hefty wager that given the circumstances those prisoners are lucky to be alive to 'pose' for a picture.
Old 11-09-2008, 11:37 PM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by Spoolin415

Read "Lone Survivor" and then lets talk about ROA and the Geneva Convention. I'd place a hefty wager that given the circumstances those prisoners are lucky to be alive to 'pose' for a picture.
Professional soldiers don't take pictures of prisoners for the entertainment of their friends. Period.
Old 11-09-2008, 11:42 PM

Car Info: 1999 RS Coupé- 1995 Mazda Miata -KTM 300
i agree with Glen. but im on both sides of the fence, since its cool to see what he's actually doing.
Old 11-09-2008, 11:43 PM

Car Info: .
Professional soldiers don't take pictures of prisoners for the entertainment of their friends. Period.

No one is taking pictures of them in a derogatory light. He was documenting an event, showing us something we don't get to see. I see no prisoner mistreatment or abuse taking place, why are your hemp panties in a bunch?
Old 11-09-2008, 11:43 PM

As a country we have to set an example on how we treat prisoners. Posting shots of iraqi's for the entertainment of a car forum is not ethical.
If this was the most unethical thing you've seen from this war we should jump for joy. Besides, those pictures could have been taken by Iraqi civilians for all we know.
Old 11-09-2008, 11:51 PM
VIP Member

No one is taking pictures of them in a derogatory light. He was documenting an event, showing us something we don't get to see. I see no prisoner mistreatment or abuse taking place, why are your hemp panties in a bunch?
u8

Not taken in a derogatory light? Lets handcuff you and take some shots of you looking scared for i-clubs amusement.

The fact is that it is against the rules to take pictures of suspects and post them on a car forum to entertain people
Old 11-10-2008, 12:17 AM
BAM9 Ladies choice Carshow winner

Car Info: 13 FR-S/05 STI
Originally Posted by eastbaysubaru
A thousand thanks for your service!

-Brian
Thank you

Originally Posted by Ballz
Aye, thank you for your service! Keep it up!
Thank you, I greatly appreciate the support.

Originally Posted by Gibz
Yes thanks so much for your service!
np! thanks!

Originally Posted by kYLEMtnCRUZr
yeah thanks...i give you...a naked lady lying down

;*ß=>===:
haha appreciate it. . .

Originally Posted by Superglue WRX
Right on!

Stay hydrated.

thanks

Originally Posted by kYLEMtnCRUZr
i agree with Glen. but im on both sides of the fence, since its cool to see what he's actually doing.

I appreciate your understanding
Old 11-10-2008, 12:21 AM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by STI RUSH
I appreciate your understanding
I wonder if your CO would be as understanding? I think not.

I have sympathy for your job, my best friend, my best man is in iraq right now and I understand the pressures you are under, but posting shots of scared iraqis who have not had the benefit of a trial is not allowed.
Old 11-10-2008, 12:35 AM
BAM9 Ladies choice Carshow winner

Car Info: 13 FR-S/05 STI
This wasn't for entertainment. This is a perfect example of how we treat "SUSPECTED" insurgents. We don't cut their heads off, or pose them naked. We actually provide them food, shelter, clothing, and medicine, then take them to court. Read the Geneva Convention First before you express your thoughts. Let's remember, I didn't post any specific details of this event. For all you know, it maybe have been a training exercise that kuwaitis helped us out with. . .who knows? Conduct a search of pictures from any war, this experience that I shared is nothing to what else is on the net. This isn't any more different, than cops arresting someone on TV.

In one light you could be right. And your opinion is fine. It is people like you that do help keep the wrong types of things out of the public view. I suggest taking yourself out of that tunnel vision. Seek to learn, before you can be understood.

I don't know you, and obviosly you don't know me. Don't accuse me of anything. I AM a professional soldier. Until you walk a mile in the boots of the men and woman that were with me that day, I'd show some respect for those who have risked their lives.

u8

Not taken in a derogatory light? Lets handcuff you and take some shots of you looking scared for i-clubs amusement.

The fact is that it is against the rules to take pictures of suspects and post them on a car forum to entertain people

I think I've said what I needed to say. Use facts from my first post and don't add anything else. Then prove your point. See if it makes sense.
Old 11-10-2008, 12:35 AM
Friendly Neighborhood Ogre

Car Info: GUNATICS.COM
HAHAHAH! The dude on the left looks SOOOOO stoned!

Name:  l_e782626a4f715261886a3b10793b18d5.jpg
Views: 5
Size:  44.3 KB

Thanks for serving our country man, you make us proud!

Quick Reply: Pics from the sandbox. . .