Teh Politics Forum Rumors and lies and Teh Iraqi Info Minister and much much more...

Non-Saved Republicans, do they exist?

Old 06-09-2005, 08:21 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: black pearl sti
Non-Saved Republicans, do they exist?

Is anyone else bothered by the fact that if you tell them you are a Republican they automatically assume you spend your sundays in a state of charismatic rapture and that you must be part of some crazy church and you run around calling yourself a "prayer warrior"? I know it makes me crazy. This new generation of "Christians" is one of the scariest things to come down the pike in a long time. They hide behind the Bible spewing hate filled vitriol at all people who don't share their love of the good book and they long(and pray) for a unified christian world where there is the only religion and everyone falls into line.

the really scary thing is that many of their tactics are direct copies of what a certain frustrated Austrian painter used a couple of years ago.

So I guess, after all that, I was just wondering if there are any others like me still left out there, non saved Republicans
Old 06-09-2005, 08:36 AM

Car Info: 05 H2 SUT, 45 GPW, 10 Murano, 13 Boss 302
I am not saved.

I'm more of a moderate Republican though, so I probably don't count.

Plus I'm Catholic, so I really don't count.
Old 06-09-2005, 08:48 AM

Car Info: 05 STi
Well this is news to me. I thought it was a prerequisite.
Old 06-09-2005, 08:50 AM
iClub Silver Vendor

Car Info: 2005 LGT wagon
I'm not so much a Republican as I am an Anti-Democrat.
Not only am I not "saved", but I don't need salvation.

To me, hard-core Bible thumpers are no different than the hard-core Muslims that we're presently killing.
Old 06-09-2005, 08:54 AM

Originally Posted by Oaf

To me, hard-core Bible thumpers are no different than the hard-core Muslims that we're presently killing.

Werd. I put them in the same category. The only difference is that the Christians aren't afforded the same oppurtunity and support to retailate as the radical Muslims are. I consider myself and independent because I disagree with almost all democratic ideas but some republican stuff really makes me wonder too.
Old 06-09-2005, 10:08 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2003 WRX, 2008 Camry
Dad and Stepmother tried the whole church thing. Stepmother was a big bible thumper and sorta had my Dad by a leash because of it. Good lady. Took me and my sister to Capital Christian center every other Sunday.

She got pregnant back in 1991. Bother was born with a diaphragmatic hernia. Basically had no diaphragm so his lower organs migrated to his chest and kept his heart and lungs from developing properly. Was in an out of the hospital for 2 years with countless surgeries and was one of the first babies to test the ECMO machine.

Every Sunday we'd goto Capital Christian center and go on stage in front of hundreds of people. Pastor Cole (aka the crook in my book), the head of the church back then, encouraged everyone to join hands and pray for him. He'd also encourage donations via the offering plate. This money somehow went to the church and not my Parents. Sorta like a bribe to God for my Brother's well-being. Oh Yeah... Pastor Cole also had a shiny new black 190E and a pristine Cadillac. I may have been young but I was the smartest damn person in that Church.

My brother's condition slowly improved because of advanced medicine. It wasn’t the hand of god keeping him alive. If I would have physically pulled the plug on those machines he would have been dead on the spot. The doctors said he would be a normal little boy in time and that his body would eventually catch-up to his oversized head (oxygen makes your head grow when you're still growing). Great news! Thank you science!

Others were less fortunate because their baby never had a chance. After seeing about 10 babies die from Christian families I became more skeptical. Why didn't their praying payoff? There's something about seeing a mother rocking a dead baby in the nearby nursing room while chanting "go to Jesus" that makes you very angry as a little boy. And then convincing herself "it's Gods will" in order to deal with the pain. That I can understand but it still made me angry.

So my brother finally gets to come home. He's beginning to look more and more like a baby everyday. But his legs are weak and he cannot use them without physical therapy. My step mother and her families idea of physical therapy was Jesus. My step-grandmother at the time tried to convert me every chance she got. She once told me that my brother once shed a tear while watching the 700club. I **** you not.

So about 10 months pass and nothing has been done. My brother still has the mentality of an infant and cannot talk due to the fact he' had tube crammed down his throat and because he's been unconscious for 90% of his life. With physical therapy he could have been crawling or learning to walk by now but nope. So one day Virginia (a.k.a. the naive *****) is watching my brother while my Dad and Step-Mother are at work. She's pretty much the exact mother from 'Everyone loves Raymond.'

So he's playing on the floor and grabs one of her big beaded necklaces. He's waving it over his head as he lays on the floor and snaps the monofilament chain. One large bead goes down his throat but does not block his airway completely. He can still get air but not a sufficient amount to keep everything working properly for a long period of time. So instead of calling 911 she tried to get the bead out herself and managed to jam it in further. I forgot to mention that the fire dept is literally down the street. You can throw a rock at it. Reaction time would have been 30seconds.

So about 15 minutes pass! Then she finally calls 911 and they extract the bead asap with a text book finger sweep. Now he's got relatively severe brain damage The normal 6minutes for brain damage didn’t apply in this case because he still had air. The doctors said he would have been fine had she called 911.. He's no Shaivo, but he's no normal kid by far. He still cannot walk or talk. He's a 1yr old trapped in a teenage body.

Unfortunately I've seen a lot more in my life that's similar to this. I have nothing against religion and those that practice it. I just wish they'd put faith aside for science when it's absolutely necessary.

So my answer is yes, ftnssn.

Last edited by Salty; 06-09-2005 at 10:22 AM.
Old 06-09-2005, 11:20 AM

Car Info: 72 Vespa with curb feelers
Originally Posted by Oaf

What? You make me sick!

Most "hard-core Bible thumpers" sacrifice their own wealth to help the poor and needy, and are only trying to help others!

To imply that they should be killed on the same level as the "throat cutters" makes me want to vomit.

Apologies if you are just kidding around, but Christian "extremists" do good to the excess, not harm.

Don't damn them for trying to help others, when other religions say "join or die."

Christians lay it out, tell you of the heavenly consequense of not joining, then move on.

Last edited by HellaDumb; 06-09-2005 at 11:32 AM.
Old 06-09-2005, 11:26 AM

Gotta agree with Helladumb again.
Old 06-09-2005, 11:27 AM

Originally Posted by HellaDumb
Apologies if you are just kidding around, but Christian "extremists" do good to the excess, not harm.
Except for the ones that shoot abortion doctors.
Old 06-09-2005, 11:28 AM

Originally Posted by Salty
Dad and Stepmother tried the whole church thing. Stepmother was a big bible thumper and sorta had my Dad by a leash because of it. Good lady. Took me and my sister to Capital Christian center every other Sunday.
She got pregnant back in 1991. Bother was born with a diaphragmatic hernia..
Hey Salty,

Very sad to hear of this experience, but that sounds like you were going to a "christian scientist" church, which is FAR from classical christian teachings.

As with everything in this earth, there are bad and corrupt people in everything, including churches.
Old 06-09-2005, 11:30 AM

Originally Posted by Egan
Except for the ones that shoot abortion doctors.
Those aren't extremists, they are called crazy people.
Old 06-09-2005, 11:31 AM
iClub Silver Vendor

Car Info: 2005 LGT wagon
Wow.
How did you manage not to end her life?
Old 06-09-2005, 11:34 AM

^^^^^I'm not being critical of your point of view but have you ever heard of the IRA. It took the British SAS to bring a stop to their crimes and they weren't Muslims. That's a pretty ethnocentric standpoint to speak as though no muslim gives back to the community with good intentions. My grandparents donate hundreds of thousands of dollars to the church every year and go out of their way to help those less fortunate. I have meet other Christians who preach the word of God to the unsaved with a tone as though they are talking to a barbarian. I think generalizations can quickly dilute an otherwise diverse religion, whichever it may be.
Old 06-09-2005, 11:44 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2003 WRX, 2008 Camry
Originally Posted by HellaDumb
Hey Salty,

Very sad to hear of this experience, but that sounds like you were going to a "christian scientist" church, which is FAR from classical christian teachings.

As with everything in this earth, there are bad and corrupt people in everything, including churches.
I agree. It just put a very sour taste in my mouth that I have never been able to shake. Maybe it was because I was young? I don't hold anything against those that practice their faith either way.
Old 06-09-2005, 11:55 AM

Originally Posted by 1reguL8NSTi
^^^^^I'm not being critical of your point of view but have you ever heard of the IRA. It took the British SAS to bring a stop to their crimes and they weren't Muslims...
Depending on your point of view, the IRA can be viewed as a modern day version of the American militia of 1776. But I guess that's a discussion for another thread.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Non-Saved Republicans, do they exist?