Teh Politics Forum Rumors and lies and Teh Iraqi Info Minister and much much more...

Non-Arab recruits scout for al-Qaeda

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2004, 10:41 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2003 WRX, 2008 Camry
Non-Arab recruits scout for al-Qaeda

This is what i'm talking about... Name:  14.gif
Views: 8
Size:  1.8 KB

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmp...coutforalqaeda

The FBI has counterterrorism investigations in virtually all 56 of its field offices but has not broken up a known surveillance cell, either because agents are tailing suspects who have not committed crimes or because they have descriptions but not identities.

It is unclear how many al-Qaeda scouts are in the USA. "The FBI has their eye on or has opened several hundred investigations of people sympathetic to or supportive of" al-Qaeda, Homeland Security Secretary Tom Ridge said.

We wait with our thumbs up our asses until someone makes a move that proves they're a terrorist or linked to a terrorist cell. Usually by the time that happens it's too late and thousands are dead.

"If we knew somebody was here as an operative - and we knew who they were or where they were - they wouldn't be on the street."
When does this happen? After they fly planes into buildings? Then you're 110% sure they were terrorists and not linked to some sort of air traffic control fluke, right?

Here's what I think...

If the FBI has reason to put 24/7 surveillance on your actions then that's a pretty good sign you shouldn't be here in the first place. If there's a slight suspicion raised that you're in bed with a terrorist cell -or- are sympathetic of terrorists, then there shouldn't be any monkey business.

They throw your *** in the back of the black suburban with zip ties and clear your name via interrogations, through background checks and a gun to the temple. If you're free and clear they give you a lollipop and a smile... you'll have nothing to fear and can live your life. If the interrogation efforts are a success and there's a solid chance the suspect has intelligence, then you **** in his/her eye sockets for the sake of national security.

If I noticed a trend of suspicious looking vehicles parked outside my house, someone watching my every move at the grocery store and the flicker of an optic across the street, I’d walk out of the house with a sign saying "I wan to clear my name... pick me up and we'll talk"

Am I the only one that feels this way?!

Last edited by Salty; 08-16-2004 at 11:04 AM.
Old 08-16-2004, 11:09 AM

Car Info: 2000 2.5 RS
I guess i would need to know what "sympathetic or supportive" meant. It's a relative term, so now if i post somthing on the internet about how bush is a moron and i don't support the war in iraq, that could be taken as being "sympathetic or supportive" of terrorism. In theory, i agree with you - but people are too corrupt and i think it would spiral into an SS type situation too easily.
Old 08-16-2004, 11:11 AM

Car Info: 04 Silver WRX Wagon
^ well said. the subjective penumbra or gray zone is too much of a risk to our personal liberties
Old 08-16-2004, 11:22 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: CRZ EX-Navi/6MT & Vue Redline
Can I get an Amen? I'm with you on this one Salty.

-Chris
Old 08-16-2004, 11:30 AM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by constellation
I guess i would need to know what "sympathetic or supportive" meant. It's a relative term, so now if i post somthing on the internet about how bush is a moron and i don't support the war in iraq, that could be taken as being "sympathetic or supportive" of terrorism. In theory, i agree with you - but people are too corrupt and i think it would spiral into an SS type situation too easily.
Thanks for playing voice of reason once again, constellation.

It's quite simple...

It's an obvious problem if said "sympathetic and supportive" actions of an individual have tipped off FBI agents to pull surveillance on your every move.

If you say "The victims of 9/11 deserved it!" in an internet forum then I don't think you'll have anything to worry about.

If you said the very same thing in an internet discussion, worked at a fertilizer plant, were of Arab decent and a devoted Muslim, then I'd look out your window this very second.

Last edited by Salty; 08-16-2004 at 11:32 AM.
Old 08-16-2004, 11:43 AM

Well, thanks, now i know what you can and can't do in Saltyland, USA. Sadly, you aren't the one defining the rules, some *******s in washington are. Now, if i had the "Srgt. Salty Guarrantee" that the plan wouldnt be abused, then i would sign up, but PEOPLE ARE BEING PUT IN JAIL FOR WEARING ANTI-BUSH T-SHIRTS!. Like i said, in theory i'm down for your cause, but it would spiral out of control and we'd find ourselves in "Brazil".
Old 08-16-2004, 11:52 AM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by constellation
Saltyland, USA.
Ahhh yes, the best place on earth.
Old 08-16-2004, 12:05 PM

Soothing sounds of saltyland, USA. You don't play the saxaphone by chance, do you?
Attached Thumbnails Non-Arab recruits scout for al-Qaeda-mf.jpg  
Old 08-16-2004, 12:05 PM

Car Info: 04 Silver WRX Wagon
hehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehe

That is damn funny

Old 08-16-2004, 12:17 PM
VIP Member

LOL

Except in Saltyland, USA that horse would have been sitting pretty in a shish kabob next to some bell peppers and mushrooms long ago.