Teh Politics Forum Rumors and lies and Teh Iraqi Info Minister and much much more...

Never thought of this... Iraqi Freedom = GWB Axe to Grind?

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2005, 12:25 AM
Pr0n King

Car Info: Turncoat Turbo
Never thought of this... Iraqi Freedom = GWB Axe to Grind?

Saw this posted on another forum out there and it piqued my curiosity. I had never thought of this.

Let's be honest with each other for a second here and throw away the pro-war cliches: this war had nothing to do with our national security, had nothing to do with terrorism, and in all likelihood, had little or nothing to do with anything capable of hurting us. It was about Bush settling an old score and exploiting 9/11 to get the political capital necessary to do it.
Who out there could think that America is fighting a way because the son is paying for the sins of his father? Come on!
Old 08-16-2005, 03:14 AM

Car Info: '05 Crystal Grey Metallic WRX Sport Wagon
That quote is priceless, because the actual motivation is almost definatly energy (oil). Read this thread/article:
https://www.i-club.com/forums/teh-politics-forum-114/life-after-oil-crash-108288/

then try to say that GW didn't go to war for oil.

I'll even go so far as to say that, if he was honest about the intents of this war (saying outright that we needed oil in a big way), and he thought that the fate of the world presented in that article was the truth (and that was the reason for us needing oil in a big way), then maybe he had a 'bigger plan' for going into war...but he didn't, so I'll never give him that credit. He tried to trick EVERYONE (...tried to trick us all into thinking there was an 'immediate national security risk') instead of saying 'I want to go to war for oil because of this logical reasoning: 'site article in thread above'." F*** FDR, F*** GWB, F*** any president who decides that keeping secerets (...basically lying to the American people because they think the average American voter isn't smart enough for his/her own good...) is a good idea.

Last edited by MVWRX; 08-16-2005 at 03:16 AM.
Old 08-16-2005, 04:09 AM

Car Info: Looking for a Liberty CRD
Bush nearly said as much in the run up to the war. "He tried to kill my father"
Old 08-16-2005, 04:23 AM
iClub Silver Vendor

Car Info: 2005 LGT wagon
Originally Posted by IS2Scooby
Who out there could think that America is fighting a way because the son is paying for the sins of his father? Come on!
What are these "sins of the father" of which you speak?
Old 08-16-2005, 09:01 AM

Car Info: 02 BRP 2.5RS-T
OMG not more war for oil utter nonsense!
Old 08-16-2005, 09:37 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2003 WRX, 2008 Camry
I agree. It's pretty obvious that we didn't go for oil now. The cost of the war vs. oil revenue over years and years, the fact we used to buy oil from Saddam for next to nothing, the cost to export it (taxes, fees, etc) and set-up shop, and the very fact Iraqi parliament are trying to figure out oil control as we speak:

Iraqi officials facing a midnight deadline and intense pressure from the Bush administration failed Monday to finish writing a new constitution, stumbling on long-standing differences over the division of power and oil money, the role of religion and the status of women
Once they figure out what regarding the oil, we'll just end-up buying oil from them at next to nothing like we did with Saddam.
Old 08-16-2005, 12:35 PM

Car Info: 72 Vespa with curb feelers
Originally Posted by lojasmo
Bush nearly said as much in the run up to the war. "He tried to kill my father"
Michael? Michael Moore, is that you?

Now that we are there, can we have some oil please =)?

Last edited by HellaDumb; 08-16-2005 at 01:39 PM.