Notices
Teh Politics Forum Rumors and lies and Teh Iraqi Info Minister and much much more...

A must watch OCCUPY wall street

Old 12-06-2011, 09:28 AM
  #1  
Registered User
Thread Starter
iTrader: (2)
 
SR20steve's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Discovery Bay, CA
Posts: 1,569
Car Info: Evo X GSR, F250 Powerstroke Diesel
A must watch OCCUPY wall street

This video in such well spoken words, pretty much owns the occupy wall street movement.

http://urbangrounds.com/2011/10/bill-whittle-ows/
SR20steve is offline  
Old 12-06-2011, 10:35 AM
  #2  
Registered User
 
Ecks769's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Modesto CA
Posts: 387
Car Info: 2005 STi
^^^ nice!
Ecks769 is offline  
Old 12-06-2011, 10:53 AM
  #3  
Registered User
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Another world. Another time. In an age of wonder.
Posts: 1,050
Car Info: Hybrid
He should speak for himself he's obviously never worked a hard day of work in his life!

Nice suit, nice job, and nice pay. He's got nothing to complain about. Furthermore, he's probably being paid by big corporations...
SubyWrxGuy is offline  
Old 12-06-2011, 10:58 AM
  #4  
VIP Member
iTrader: (17)
 
VRT MBasile's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Sunnyvale, CA
Posts: 22,776
Car Info: '13 BRZ Limited / '02 WRX
Since when does making snide underhanded remarks in a monotone/PBS voice make it "well spoken"?

At least the Oakland mayor went to the Occupy encampment and said "Come to me and we'll speak." This douche tries to make these grand assumptions and insults from a $5 internet video set, and we're supposed to take him as a professional? I'm not in favor of the way OWS did their protests (I believe in action, not sit-ins), but this guy is just a tool.

Last edited by VRT MBasile; 12-06-2011 at 11:01 AM.
VRT MBasile is offline  
Old 12-06-2011, 11:48 AM
  #5  
Registered User
Thread Starter
iTrader: (2)
 
SR20steve's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Discovery Bay, CA
Posts: 1,569
Car Info: Evo X GSR, F250 Powerstroke Diesel
Originally Posted by VRT MBasile View Post
Since when does making snide underhanded remarks in a monotone/PBS voice make it "well spoken"?

At least the Oakland mayor went to the Occupy encampment and said "Come to me and we'll speak." This douche tries to make these grand assumptions and insults from a $5 internet video set, and we're supposed to take him as a professional? I'm not in favor of the way OWS did their protests (I believe in action, not sit-ins), but this guy is just a tool.
He hit the nail on the head. These protesters somehow feel that the world, whether it be banks, corporations, the "1%" somehow owe them something. If you want a piece of the pie, go out and work for it. Don't lay up in a park and expect a little bit of beating on a drum is going to get some sort of "income equality".

And notice the majority of the protesters are college kid age. Once you grow up and have kids depending on you, things change a little bit. You can lay up in a park not taking a shower for months at a time and beg for change when your kids need food, clothes, shelter. That's when the reality of life hits you
SR20steve is offline  
Old 12-06-2011, 12:22 PM
  #6  
VIP Member
iTrader: (17)
 
VRT MBasile's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Sunnyvale, CA
Posts: 22,776
Car Info: '13 BRZ Limited / '02 WRX
Originally Posted by SR20steve View Post
He hit the nail on the head. These protesters somehow feel that the world, whether it be banks, corporations, the "1%" somehow owe them something. If you want a piece of the pie, go out and work for it. Don't lay up in a park and expect a little bit of beating on a drum is going to get some sort of "income equality".

And notice the majority of the protesters are college kid age. Once you grow up and have kids depending on you, things change a little bit. You can lay up in a park not taking a shower for months at a time and beg for change when your kids need food, clothes, shelter. That's when the reality of life hits you
It is super easy to say "Go and get a job" when you are fortunate enough to have a job. If it were as easy as that, our unemployment rate wouldn't be what it is.

Many of the protesters DO have jobs, and the main message of the movement is not "Boohoo! Someone give me a job!" It is that the corporations have more leverage on our government than the people the government is elected to serve. However, if you had read my post you'd see that I also do not agree with the encampment style of protesting. I believe in activism. Shop local, shop US MADE (not just US based), don't be afraid to buy something at a price that allows businesses to produce in the US. However, this requires the entire nation's support.

Last edited by VRT MBasile; 12-06-2011 at 12:47 PM.
VRT MBasile is offline  
Old 12-06-2011, 12:41 PM
  #7  
Registered User
iTrader: (3)
 
onboostsubie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: California
Posts: 375
Car Info: 2013 BRZ
I am grateful for most of the stuff this guy said, but the problem is the way some corporations go about doing business and issues of the country.

I think:
corporations should not be considered "people".

corporations should not lobby, or anybody should be allowed to pay off politicians.

government, corporations and politicians should be transparent of where their money comes from and where it goes.

the government should give incentives to bring work back to this country.

people in America need to work together as a whole for the benefit of the entire country.

education should be free.

we need leaders who actually make change.

we should stop going to war.

drugs should be legal.

drug users should go to rehab not jail.

The list goes on! There are definitely issues in this country and around the world. This guy acts like there are no issues and people are just complaining because they are "privileged".

I do however feel the OWS is not properly organized and is not conveying a powerful goal and agenda, which turns people away from supporting them.
onboostsubie is offline  
Old 12-06-2011, 12:46 PM
  #8  
Registered User
iTrader: (3)
 
onboostsubie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: California
Posts: 375
Car Info: 2013 BRZ
And... I have spent 3 days in the woods. It's in tents!

I have also watched survivor man so I am good to go.
onboostsubie is offline  
Old 12-06-2011, 12:47 PM
  #9  
Registered User
Thread Starter
iTrader: (2)
 
SR20steve's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Discovery Bay, CA
Posts: 1,569
Car Info: Evo X GSR, F250 Powerstroke Diesel
Originally Posted by VRT MBasile View Post
It is super easy to say "Go and get a job" when you are fortunate enough to have a job. If it were as easy as that, our unemployment rate wouldn't be what it is.
It is that easy. There are jobs out there, it's just not always going to be a job that people feel they deserve. And really drives home the point that we have become spoiled and have some sort of better than that attitude. If you are starving and you have to make money, you can't eat your degree for nourishment. If you handed out McDonald's applications to any of the occupy people they would laugh at you...but it's ok to wash themselves in public restrooms and sleep on the curb.

Working leads to work, plain and simple. If I was out of work and out of unemployment benefits I would not go hungry I would be standing at home depot looking for day labor if it meant having food for my son....but I won't ever have to be in the situation because I pride myself in being a good worker and craftsman with real world skills, so even if my company packed it up I would not be out of work long. And that's what I mean by work leads to work.
SR20steve is offline  
Old 12-06-2011, 12:57 PM
  #10  
VIP Member
iTrader: (17)
 
VRT MBasile's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Sunnyvale, CA
Posts: 22,776
Car Info: '13 BRZ Limited / '02 WRX
Originally Posted by SR20steve View Post
It is that easy. There are jobs out there, it's just not always going to be a job that people feel they deserve. And really drives home the point that we have become spoiled and have some sort of better than that attitude. If you are starving and you have to make money, you can't eat your degree for nourishment. If you handed out McDonald's applications to any of the occupy people they would laugh at you...but it's ok to wash themselves in public restrooms and sleep on the curb.

Working leads to work, plain and simple. If I was out of work and out of unemployment benefits I would not go hungry I would be standing at home depot looking for day labor if it meant having food for my son....but I won't ever have to be in the situation because I pride myself in being a good worker and craftsman with real world skills, so even if my company packed it up I would not be out of work long. And that's what I mean by work leads to work.
Again, if it were that simple our unemployment rate would not be what it is. Companies have been told to stop discriminating against people just because they have lapses in their job history. You get the "degree but no experience" BS, or on the flip side the "experience but no degree" line. On top of that, companies are finding loopholes to keep a high turnover rate to keep operating costs down. "Interns doing an entire marketing campaign for Ducati getting paid the same rate as the sign twirlers on the corner. This isn't the 50's anymore where you cold go down to the factory and grab a job. **** is ****ed.

As for the initial video. You can call them on what you feel is BS, but don't use childish insults. Be a ****ing adult, not a tool. That guy is nothing but a smug douchebag saying NOTHING original. He is at exactly the same level of incompetency as you claim the Occupiers are, but on the opposite side of the argument.

Last edited by VRT MBasile; 12-06-2011 at 12:59 PM.
VRT MBasile is offline  
Old 12-07-2011, 10:03 AM
  #11  
Registered User
iTrader: (6)
 
04caliwrx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: on the way to lake tahoe to shread! turbo beast
Posts: 9,581
Car Info: 2016 WRX, 2014 lifter forester XT, 2005 JDM207 WGN
Originally Posted by VRT MBasile View Post
It is super easy to say "Go and get a job" when you are fortunate enough to have a job. If it were as easy as that, our unemployment rate wouldn't be what it is.

Many of the protesters DO have jobs, and the main message of the movement is not "Boohoo! Someone give me a job!" It is that the corporations have more leverage on our government than the people the government is elected to serve. However, if you had read my post you'd see that I also do not agree with the encampment style of protesting. I believe in activism. Shop local, shop US MADE (not just US based), don't be afraid to buy something at a price that allows businesses to produce in the US. However, this requires the entire nation's support.
So not true man. They have so many jobs for people to get righ now but people think that just because they went to school they are :better" then the jobs they can get. Stop crying about what you don't have and go get a job! so it's not the 150k a year pay you should get because you went to school for 4 years but making any money is better then living off the state and goverment and off of my taxes. My statement is not saying you are lazy so please don't take it thhat way. It just came off that way.
04caliwrx is offline  
Old 12-07-2011, 10:09 AM
  #12  
VIP Member
iTrader: (17)
 
VRT MBasile's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Sunnyvale, CA
Posts: 22,776
Car Info: '13 BRZ Limited / '02 WRX
Originally Posted by 04caliwrx View Post
So not true man. They have so many jobs for people to get righ now but people think that just because they went to school they are :better" then the jobs they can get. Stop crying about what you don't have and go get a job! so it's not the 150k a year pay you should get because you went to school for 4 years but making any money is better then living off the state and goverment and off of my taxes. My statement is not saying you are lazy so please don't take it thhat way. It just came off that way.
Seriously dude? Even before the recession there was the term "overqualified." get your heads out of your asses.

When I moved up here I applied to EVERY job listing I could find. I got two responses. One of the interviewers showed me his inbox of 400 applicants in a one week period. It isn't "apply and ye shall receive." And that was for minimum wage full-time, essentially being a parts runner.

Don't tell Americans to lower the bar for their job search. Tell the companies to stop shipping jobs overseas.

Last edited by VRT MBasile; 12-07-2011 at 10:18 AM.
VRT MBasile is offline  
Old 12-07-2011, 11:10 AM
  #13  
Registered User
iTrader: (6)
 
04caliwrx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: on the way to lake tahoe to shread! turbo beast
Posts: 9,581
Car Info: 2016 WRX, 2014 lifter forester XT, 2005 JDM207 WGN
Originally Posted by VRT MBasile View Post
Seriously dude? Even before the recession there was the term "overqualified." get your heads out of your asses.

When I moved up here I applied to EVERY job listing I could find. I got two responses. One of the interviewers showed me his inbox of 400 applicants in a one week period. It isn't "apply and ye shall receive." And that was for minimum wage full-time, essentially being a parts runner.

Don't tell Americans to lower the bar for their job search. Tell the companies to stop shipping jobs overseas.
why? companies want to make money and it cost less to have jobs overseas, is it right? hell no!! but that want to make as much money as they can, can't blame them for that.. Do you own a pair of nike's, a burton snowboard, a samsung tv? a car? none of them were made in America but the companies are US companies. The 1% will never make anything happen. they look like fiools, cost the city and state money, and hurt the small biz's around where they have the camps. You want a job? I can get you one at Google, youtube, or Verizon.

Last edited by 04caliwrx; 12-07-2011 at 11:32 AM.
04caliwrx is offline  
Related Topics
Thread
Thread Starter
Forum
Replies
Last Post
iLoqin
Teh Politics Forum
6
05-28-2012 02:57 PM
iLoqin
Teh Politics Forum
3
11-21-2011 07:05 AM
iLoqin
Teh Politics Forum
3
10-30-2011 09:19 PM
bensadmore
Random Thoughts/Off Topic
0
11-06-2009 08:54 AM


Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: A must watch OCCUPY wall street


Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.