Teh Politics Forum Rumors and lies and Teh Iraqi Info Minister and much much more...

Muslims have to be the most sensitive group ever.

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2006, 10:11 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2003 WRX, 2008 Camry
Muslims have to be the most sensitive group ever.

Whenever someone farts downwind from them they resort to ridiculous antics. Oddly enough, it's usually toward western-civilizations that provide them with a majority of the things that make their sand-filled world function. I just don't get it... one second they despise US and EU culture and the next minute they care what we do and how we conduct ourselves?

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060130/...het_drawings_5

Forget the type of complex and display of antics minorities within the US might sometimes posses and carry-out, these people truly are envious of everything we do regardless of where they claim to stand. It’s as if they’re the middle child of a worldwide country.

Hella, if the USDA made a satirical cartoon toward Chrisitanity would you give up meat products? Hell, the USDA could post nude photo’s of me and I wouldn’t pass-up a a deal on ground chuck.

Thousands of Muslims denounced Denmark and urged attacks on them! People were beaten because of these silly cartoons. Masked gunmen briefly seized a European Union office in Gaza City to protest the caricatures, and the dairy group Arla Foods that supplies Saudi Arabi. Leave it to Islam, the religion of peace.
Old 01-30-2006, 10:39 PM
Admin v2.0

Car Info: 02 Black Legacy GT
The 12 drawings — published in a Danish paper in September and in a Norwegian paper this month — included an image of the prophet wearing a turban shaped as a bomb with a burning fuse. Islamic tradition bars any depiction of the prophet, even respectful ones, out of concern that such images could lead to idolatry.
Ok there, "Dr." Savage, haha...

That is wrong. Of course it does not justify the violence by any means. Depictions of the prophet is prohibited. So there is a problem. And, the whole bomb turban with fuse is simply saying that Islam in its roots, its God and his Prophet are "bomb" happy. That is not true, as it is all a matter of interpretation Koran. Radical muslims interpret it in their wicked way, while there is a also a number or muslims who are very peacefull and good people. If anything those cartoons just adds fuel to the fire and puts every muslim in the same bunch with muslim radicals and terrorists.

Anywhere you look, in any "group" of people there are black sheep. In christianity, its the priest-molesters and priest-perverts, for example. That does not mean that it would be ok to post pictures of Jesus with a strapon going at it with an infant, you know what I mean. Gosh, I feel very bad just even using this as an example, but it is the same thing.
Old 01-31-2006, 03:49 AM

Car Info: Looking for a Liberty CRD
Generalizations based upon race or religion lack intellectual merit.
Old 01-31-2006, 06:16 AM

Car Info: 2007 Nissan Frontier
Originally Posted by Imprezer

That is wrong. Of course it does not justify the violence by any means. Depictions of the prophet is prohibited. So there is a problem. And, the whole bomb turban with fuse is simply saying that Islam in its roots, its God and his Prophet are "bomb" happy. That is not true, as it is all a matter of interpretation Koran. Radical muslims interpret it in their wicked way, while there is a also a number or muslims who are very peacefull and good people. If anything those cartoons just adds fuel to the fire and puts every muslim in the same bunch with muslim radicals and terrorists.

Anywhere you look, in any "group" of people there are black sheep. In christianity, its the priest-molesters and priest-perverts, for example. That does not mean that it would be ok to post pictures of Jesus with a strapon going at it with an infant, you know what I mean. Gosh, I feel even using this as an example, but it is the same thing.
Alex FTW.

You need to pop in here more often
Old 01-31-2006, 09:15 AM

Car Info: 72 Vespa with curb feelers
Anywhere you look, in any "group" of people there are black sheep. In christianity, its the priest-molesters and priest-perverts, for example. That does not mean that it would be ok to post pictures of Jesus with a strapon going at it with an infant, you know what I mean. Gosh, I feel even using this as an example, but it is the same thing.
Yeah, so where is there a comparable reaction from Christians against allegations of child molestation, satanic rituals, or blasphemous or insulting art? I was insulted to read your example of Jesus, but he'll judge you for that, not me.

I read sometime back that some art gallery contained something with Virgin Mary, animal blood, whatever..... but did the artist get killed, were city residents attacked, or did any single group of Christians worldwide hold that against the entire city or country's population? It's just bizarre.

If I were muslim, I'd probably kick the writer's ***, but why hold it against the entire population?
Old 01-31-2006, 09:47 AM
iClub Silver Vendor

Car Info: 2005 LGT wagon
Islamic rules only apply to Muslims, correct?
As I'm not a Muslim, I can draw pictures of Allah, The Prophet, etc, with impunity.

A Muslim can freely protest my artwork, but, if a Muslim calls for harming me, that Muslim, or group of Muslims, has just commited assault.
Assault is a crime.

Now, if this follower of the Religion of Peace touches me, they've just commited battery.
Which is also a crime.

Drawing "offensive" pictures....not a crime.
Assault.....a crime.
Battery.....a crime.

The offended can go **** themselves.
Old 01-31-2006, 10:21 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: 02 Impreza WRX Sedan & 2008 GMC Sierra 4x4
Originally Posted by HellaDumb
I was insulted to read your example of Jesus, but he'll judge you for that, not me.
Actually I think Allah will judge Alex but thanks for playing....
Old 01-31-2006, 11:00 AM
Admin v2.0

Read: Adding fuel to the fire. Pissing people, that you are trying to figure out way to make peace/stop violence with, off.

Read: Sensative subject. Putting every every muslim into one big "bad" group. Muslims that are the peacefull and trying to figure out a way to go on with their lives while being pinched in between Radicals and Western World.

Stereotyping is human nature. At the same time, when you are only "fighting" with a part of the larger diverse group, whom you are just putting into bunch and slap a sign "terrorist" to their forhead is wrong.

If me and you are in a big fight, and I come up to your wife and call her a ***** and your children bastards. Wouldn't you wanna smack the hell out of me? And, calling anyone a ***** is not a crime. Yes, slapping a little russian dude is...

I am not offended. I just think it is wrong. As wrong, as calling to hurt the Dutch.

Although, there are only really 2 things I cannot deal with. It's people that disrespect other cultures, and the Dutch... LOL! J/k
Old 01-31-2006, 12:48 PM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by Posted by Alex
The 12 drawings — published in a Danish paper in September and in a Norwegian paper this month — included an image of the prophet wearing a turban shaped as a bomb with a burning fuse. Islamic tradition bars any depiction of the prophet, even respectful ones, out of concern that such images could lead to idolatry.

Originally Posted by Paul@dbtuned
Islamic rules only apply to Muslims, correct?
As I'm not a Muslim, I can draw pictures of Allah, The Prophet, etc, with impunity.
Exactly. "One second they despise US and EU culture and the next minute they care what we do and how we conduct ourselves?"

This is one of the major faults of Islam. They feel they have an obligation to hold people to the same ridiculous standard even if it means spilling blood. That's a level of arrogance and pigheadedness I could never begin to fathom.

Originally Posted by lojasmo
Generalizations based upon race or religion lack intellectual merit.
You know, for the most part i'd have to agree with you. But the actions of Islam tend to speak louder than generalizations, especially within the last five years. I wish that they didn't but unfortunately they do...

Last edited by Salty; 01-31-2006 at 12:54 PM.
Old 01-31-2006, 01:22 PM
VIP Member

Read: Sensative subject. Putting every every muslim into one big "bad" group. Muslims that are the peacefull and trying to figure out a way to go on with their lives while being pinched in between Radicals and Western World.

Right, but it's still Islam in the more traditional sense which is a very large part of the religion. Yes, there's other more peaceful groups and individuals in Western and Islamic nations and I apologize to those that feel they're being lumped into a category. At the same time I know I can afford the genuinely peaceful practitioners of Islam the same rights as myself without any pigheadedness. But everything from Wahhabism to Qutbism isn't near as small as a handful of Catholic priests guilty of molesting children. It only took a handful of these incidents to arise which came as a serious blow the Catholic Church (no pun). And the thing is that those acts aren't even a traditional part of the Cathloic religion!

But you have to take the good in the bad in these cases, Alex. In a world where you cannot identify the difference between those Muslims with good or bad intentions, sometimes categorization is all you have (unfortunately).
Old 01-31-2006, 02:03 PM
Admin v2.0

This is one of the major faults of Islam. They feel they have an obligation to hold people to the same ridiculous standard even if it means spilling blood. That's a level of arrogance and pigheadedness I could never begin to fathom.
You know, for the most part i'd have to agree with you. But the actions of Islam tend to speak louder than generalizations, especially within the last five years. I wish that they didn't but unfortunately they do...
This is where you got it wrong. And this is where most people don't see the difference between the teachings of Islam and teachings of those who interpret the religion of Islam in their own way (the way which benefits their own interests).

But you have to take the good in the bad in these cases, Alex. In a world where you cannot identify the difference between those Muslims with good or bad intentions, sometimes categorization is all you have (unfortunately).
I agree, sadly enough. And that is why this "war" will go on forever. Its the unstoppable and endless snowball effect.

However, you have to remember, that while there are those who categorize all muslims into one group and know AT LEAST the fundamentals of things. And, there are those who are plain uneducated idiots, who cannot even categorize and stereotype with reason. I am talking about those people, who touched 7'Elevens and beat up poor indians in turbans (Sighs). They just saw the turban and assumed they were muslim. Yet, Sighs have nothing to do with muslims or Islam. With your theory of last resort caterorization is correct. But, it will ultimately be the downfall of this conflict.
Old 01-31-2006, 04:31 PM
VIP Member

It's just that I find it ironic that these certain and relatively large groups of Muslims counter a political/religious cartoon in with Allah holding a bomb with threats of violence and death, actual physical acts of violence, armed gunmen seizing a European Union Office, denying an apology from the Newspaper in Denmark, boycotts of any products from Denmark, a closed Danish embassy in Libya, and a bomb threat to the Danish Newspaper.

But the worst part is that I couldn't expect anything else from these people. We have seen this middle child-type syndrome reaction from Islamic nations on numerous occasions.
Old 01-31-2006, 04:33 PM
VIP Member

This is where you got it wrong. And this is where most people don't see the difference between the teachings of Islam and teachings of those who interpret the religion of Islam in their own way (the way which benefits their own interests).
But it's still Islam.
Old 01-31-2006, 05:31 PM

Car Info: Looking for a Liberty CRD
Originally Posted by Salty
But it's still Islam.
I don't have a broad enough experience to extend it further, but Christians can get awfully uptight about this kind of stuff. Didn't a whole bunch of people get up in arms about **** christ?

Yes...yes they did.

I think all outrage based on religious belief is fairly stupid.
Old 01-31-2006, 05:50 PM
iClub Silver Vendor

Car Info: 2005 LGT wagon
Did a large number of Christians call for the harming/killing of the artist?
Did a large group of Catholic, et al, Bishops call for the harming/killing of the artist?

I didn't think so.

Quick Reply: Muslims have to be the most sensitive group ever.