Teh Politics Forum Rumors and lies and Teh Iraqi Info Minister and much much more...

More proof that man kind is doomed....

Old 02-11-2010, 09:21 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: Broken Subarus
More proof that man kind is doomed....

http://www.king5.com/news/local/Inve...-83990472.html
Old 02-11-2010, 09:37 AM

Car Info: 08 AW WRX STi
Unbelievable!! People should NOT feel safe just because "security" guards are patrolling. These guys are retired old farts that are supplementing their Social Security.
Old 02-11-2010, 09:39 AM
9 to 5 mod

Car Info: 03 Impreza WRX
"All of the passengers, we were all up against the side looking, like, who is going to do something? Do something, do something!" said the witness. "Why on earth are there three security guards standing there watching it? And actually allowing her to come back and kick her in the head again!"

When the beating is over, you see on the tape that not one guard bends down to see if the victim is breathing or needs help.

"Really? You've got three male security guards and there's a young girl getting kicked in the head, lying on the ground, motionless? And they couldn't do anything? Doesn't seem like security," said the witness.

how about you get off the bus and do something

security is not police they cant do crap lol
Old 02-11-2010, 09:42 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: Broken Subarus
For me this isn't an issue or contracts, or security. The fact that another human being could stand by and watch that happen with little to no disregard is heart breaking. It saddens me.
Old 02-11-2010, 09:45 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: '13 BRZ Limited / '02 WRX
Originally Posted by Jomama
Unbelievable!! People should NOT feel safe just because "security" guards are patrolling. These guys are retired old farts that are supplementing their Social Security.
I would assume they are the "tough" guys from highschool that never did anything after high school, assuming they even graduated.

It is definitely a sad video to see. I wonder if their thoughts were "If we intervene we could lose our jobs" due to the contract stipulation. I don't know if the reporters just didn't read the whole clause from the contract or if it simply did say that they were only to "observe and report," but it should have been "observe and report unless human life is involved."

I would like to say that I would have told myself "I'll deal with loosing my job later, I'm helping this girl now" but in today's economy who really has that liberty? Please note, this is not condoning the actions and lack thereof by the "security." My point is that this is a failure of how or society sets up business. Everything by a contract.

Originally Posted by sigma pi
how about you get off the bus and do something

security is not police they cant do crap lol
One of the security guys radioed something, so maybe the drivers were told not to open the doors. That is only speculation though.

Originally Posted by ipozestu
For me this isn't an issue or contracts, or security. The fact that another human being could stand by and watch that happen with little to no disregard is heart breaking. It saddens me.
To me it is an issue of people not being able to think logically and say "well, my contract says to only observe and report, but human life supersedes a contract."

Last edited by VRT MBasile; 02-11-2010 at 09:49 AM.
Old 02-11-2010, 09:48 AM

Car Info: 08 AW WRX STi
Society has rasied a generation of punks. They have no regard or hope for themsleves or others around them.

Just watch the NBA or NFL, teams are loaded with these same types.
Old 02-11-2010, 09:48 AM
9 to 5 mod

Car Info: 03 Impreza WRX
well if they intervien

there are 8 dudes with that girl so i dunno that could be a reason

also they can get sued im sure
Old 02-12-2010, 10:01 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2017 CWP WRX & 2007 SWP WRX
Originally Posted by Jomama
Society has rasied a generation of punks. They have no regard or hope for themsleves or others around them.

Just watch the NBA or NFL, teams are loaded with these same types.
Our country is reaping what it sowed, and will continue to do so.

Actions like this may result from 13+ years of public education which taught them that life (both theirs and other's) is nothing but a cosmic mistake which occurred by chance. Might also have something with the destruction of the family for a majority of american kids as well...

When you believe you are a meaningless accident which came from monkeys and will eternally rest in the ground, most tend to act chimp-like, as if their life has no meaning... or if it did that they were unable to discern what it was.

My prayers are with all involved.