Teh Politics Forum Rumors and lies and Teh Iraqi Info Minister and much much more...

McCain/Palin '08 Ticket discussion

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2008, 10:18 PM

Car Info: nothing
bush isn't that bad LOL. here are some good quotes.

"I think he can be ready, but right now, I don't think he is. The presidency is not something that lends itself to on the job training." - Senator Joe Biden (If his own running mate has doubts about whether he's ready for the job... shouldn't you?)

"communities are terrorized by ICE immigration raids" - Senator Barack Hussein Obama (Federal Agents are compared to Terrorists? Barack, try showing some support for law enforcement.)
Old 09-12-2008, 10:28 PM
Old School

Car Info: '99 RBP GM6
Enjoy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4yrFI-K-FwE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ioy90nF2anI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3aMDJP4VxY4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oQaQkAsK5O8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8EvNJWM_NDg wow

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PFyv6...eature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ijz1C...eature=related

Old 09-12-2008, 10:30 PM
Old School

Originally Posted by Traxamillion
bush isn't that bad LOL. here are some good quotes.

"I think he can be ready, but right now, I don't think he is. The presidency is not something that lends itself to on the job training." - Senator Joe Biden (If his own running mate has doubts about whether he's ready for the job... shouldn't you?)

"communities are terrorized by ICE immigration raids" - Senator Barack Hussein Obama (Federal Agents are compared to Terrorists? Barack, try showing some support for law enforcement.)
You're serious?!

Terrorizing can be used as word and NOT be related to terrorism.

wow
Old 09-12-2008, 10:34 PM
Old School

He said this in august of 2007, long before being picked VP, and was probably supporting a different Dem. in the primaries.

ah man... too funny
Old 09-12-2008, 10:36 PM
BanHammer™

Car Info: 2001 Forester RS2 SPEC-F
Originally Posted by joltdudeuc
1) Better if it wasn't ever spent at all... But it could have been. It wasn't, and that's that...

2) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ECKd8...eature=related

a) That's right, we shouldn't bail out shareholders and mismanaged companies and their CEOs.

b) Yep. We DO need to crack down on reckless borrowers.

c) I DO NOT want another stimilus package. I didn't want the first one either...

3) **** vouchers... If parents want their kids to go to private schools, then it's THEIR responsibility. That's it. I'm NOT paying for another kid to go to private school... Of Course we are paying for it, the state is paying for it, from our tax dollars. They only get that money if they go to public schools, and that's it.

Yes the federal Government is involved. Bush has wanted a federal program and McCain brought up "going to the school of your choice" blah blah in his RNC speech. That's federal folks last time I checked.

NO VOUCHERS!!!
maybe you did not understand or even read what I wrote.

you do not pay more for vouchers, you receive the money that the state would have paid to the public school as a voucher

also, read up on your government. States control education, not the federal government. The feds can talk all they want until they are blue in the face, but in the end, the states mandate what they want for the schooling.

the Department of Education is pretty much unconstitutional.

http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/ar...TICLE_ID=41802
Old 09-12-2008, 10:41 PM
BanHammer™

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S47sO1TCVmE and this guy is running for pres? my god.
holy **** thats funny.

I still cannot get over the 57 states bit.
Old 09-12-2008, 10:44 PM
BanHammer™

Originally Posted by Superglue WRX
I don't think anyone here is looking for hand outs. And what do people that don't want hand outs get coming to them, a busted economy? The economy doesn't fix itself like so many conservatives that I know seem to think. The govt. has to step in to get the ball rolling in the right direction.
no.

when the government steps in, thats what screws the economy. business needs to be able to fold and colapse, and allow new business to takes its place. The market needs to create demand and also dictate who stays around and who is closed down.

Lately the government has been doing nothing but bailing out companies, for a good economy, you have to allow business to fail, since that will create holes in demand and allow new business to rise up and take its place.

when government steps it, is when **** gets screwed up.
Old 09-12-2008, 10:50 PM
Old School

Originally Posted by Mr. Xevious
maybe you did not understand or even read what I wrote.

you do not pay more for vouchers, you receive the money that the state would have paid to the public school as a voucher

also, read up on your government. States control education, not the federal government. The feds can talk all they want until they are blue in the face, but in the end, the states mandate what they want for the schooling.

the Department of Education is pretty much unconstitutional.

http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/ar...TICLE_ID=41802
I read what you said Scott, you didn't read what I said.

We already pay, in taxes and fees or what have you, for public schools. If you take a kid out and use the per child amount of money and give that to a private school other people's tax dollars are going with that kid. We don't pay taxes to the education system based on number of kids we have, it's how much money we make or how much stuff we buy, etc.

The federal government doesn't oversee the school systems of states, i know that, but they DO fund states, and states use that money for education.

The way it should be is that schools are funded based on test scores. Poor scoring schools get less funds. now THAT should get things moving. But at the end of the day, kids have to want to learn, many kids today don't care. At least around where I live.

Again, I don't want the money I already pay to go to someone else's kid to go to private school. I want the money to go to public schools. If parents want their kids to go to private schools, they forfeit the right to that money. That money is there for public schools. Just how I see it.
Old 09-12-2008, 10:51 PM
Old School

no.

when the government steps in, thats what screws the economy. business needs to be able to fold and colapse, and allow new business to takes its place. The market needs to create demand and also dictate who stays around and who is closed down.

Lately the government has been doing nothing but bailing out companies, for a good economy, you have to allow business to fail, since that will create holes in demand and allow new business to rise up and take its place.

Completely agreed!

But that's not whats happening right now. It's awful.

The mortgage rate just dropped .5% in 2 days! Now it's getting cheaper again, WRONG direction! grrrrr
Old 09-12-2008, 11:15 PM

Car Info: New Government Motors SUV!
no.

I didn't say anything about bailing out businesses. I'm talking about regulations and control to stop tax money from bailing people out.

We're on the same page, I should have elaborated.
Old 09-13-2008, 10:38 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: 1995 Impreza L
I read what you said Scott, you didn't read what I said.

We already pay, in taxes and fees or what have you, for public schools. If you take a kid out and use the per child amount of money and give that to a private school other people's tax dollars are going with that kid. We don't pay taxes to the education system based on number of kids we have, it's how much money we make or how much stuff we buy, etc.

The federal government doesn't oversee the school systems of states, i know that, but they DO fund states, and states use that money for education.

The way it should be is that schools are funded based on test scores. Poor scoring schools get less funds. now THAT should get things moving. But at the end of the day, kids have to want to learn, many kids today don't care. At least around where I live.

Again, I don't want the money I already pay to go to someone else's kid to go to private school. I want the money to go to public schools. If parents want their kids to go to private schools, they forfeit the right to that money. That money is there for public schools. Just how I see it.
I thought the amount a schools is funded was based on average daily attendence,and a schools qualified program. I thought test scores were just a accountability tool?
Old 09-13-2008, 11:38 AM

Car Info: 05 STi
At least we get something. Better than bombs and bullets.

Think about it... $700 Billion for the Iraq war.

Do you realize what $700 Billion could have gotten us here at home?

New Roads, schools, high speed rail all over the country (which is better for the environment than airplanes and cars over time), balanced budgets, less taxes... you name it.

We didn't need to go there, we were completely, flat out, lied to about why we went there, and it's costing us way too much. We can't buy back those lives, and we probably won't ever recover any of the lost money.

Meanwhile Halburton (Cheney's company) is milking the contracts. We are bailing out rich people and their pathetic companies, also bailing out people who lied and cheated their way into mortgages they couldn't support.

**** this ****. Obama is the only person so far who's said people need to take some personal responsibility and that companies need to take some personal responsibility. I've seen him say this a few times.

Oh, and McCain is talking about school vouchers?!? **** that ****... If people don't want their kids going to public schools, that's their choice, but affording private schools or charter schools is THEIR problem. I'm NOT paying to send someone elses kid to public school. **** SCHOOL VOUCHERS Public schools need that money MUCH more than a family that can actually pay to go to private school already. No thank you to school vouchers.
I have to say, I completely agree with this, especially on school vouchers which I think is about the stupidest plan ever created. Let's send everyone elses kids to private school on the public dime essentially destroying public schools. What's private about a publicly funded "charter" school. Such a bunch of ****. Look up Chicago's new plan if you want to see how public schools should be run.
Old 09-13-2008, 01:16 PM
Old School

Originally Posted by pbchief2
I thought the amount a schools is funded was based on average daily attendence,and a schools qualified program. I thought test scores were just a accountability tool?
note the word "should"
Old 09-18-2008, 10:01 PM

joltdudeuc why would you post all those bush videos EVERYONE in america knows he's a joke.. actually, everyone in the world knows he's a joke.

unlike bush and barrack, mccain can speak clearly and speak without a teleprompter.
Old 09-18-2008, 10:08 PM

holy **** thats funny.

I still cannot get over the 57 states bit.
yeah lol "i've been to 57 states, i think 1 left to go, alaska and hawaii i wasn't able to goto"

Quick Reply: McCain/Palin '08 Ticket discussion