Teh Politics Forum Rumors and lies and Teh Iraqi Info Minister and much much more...

McCain/Palin '08 Ticket discussion

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2008, 08:23 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: Broken Subarus
Originally Posted by Shagon Wagon
Great video ! Everything he says is the truth ! It's a scary thought that Palin is potentially that close to being our president
I find it humorous that you question Palin's credentials, yet completely agree with Matt Damon....As if he even has credentials.

HE'S A FREAKIN' ACTOR!!!
Old 09-12-2008, 09:43 AM

Car Info: A crazy ass wagon ! Voltex and 18x9.5 +22 FTW !
And you would really feel safe having Palin run this country ????? Lets face it... McCains health record is just not there..... chances of him making it 4 years..... hmmm... leaving Palin in charge... a woman who has never met another foriegn leader... a woman who just 1 year ago filed for a passport... a woman who believes in Intelligant Design (creationism) .. YEA ... i'm feeling real good about this decision 99% of people didnt even know who this woman was 2 months ago... but yet feel safe with her as the potential president.

As far as the Matt Damon comment... i didnt say his credentials were anything like Palins (not that her's are any good) but what he is implying is exactly how i feel yes! Its CRAZY to have this woman one step away from the being the future leader of the free world

Last edited by Shagon Wagon; 09-12-2008 at 09:47 AM.
Old 09-12-2008, 09:59 AM
Old School

Car Info: '99 RBP GM6
Originally Posted by Superglue WRX
Looks like her daughter learned all by herself

As for the Daily Show, I love watching it. However, I just wish it wasn't so left and overly biased. They always dig up dirt on conservatives/republicans and find clips catching them in lies, but when it comes to dems/liberals it's only light hearten wise cracks and nothing damning. I think that show would be much better if it would dig up more dirt on the left as well.

It's still better than Bill Maher. He's not funny and has some weird thing about modern medicine that makes him seem looney tunes.
Daily Show is to be Offset by Colbert
Old 09-12-2008, 10:19 AM
Old School

Originally Posted by ipozestu
I find it humorous that you question Palin's credentials, yet completely agree with Matt Damon....As if he even has credentials.

HE'S A FREAKIN' ACTOR!!!
Because all I ever hear about Obama is how inexperienced he is. Even Clinton was talking this point over and over again...

Now all of sudden it's NOT ok to say the same things about Palin?

Barak may have only been a US Senator for 4 years now, but he was a State Rep for 8 years before that.

Now, I think that's a very logical, and linear step. Palin was a Mayor for 6yrs and City council for 4yrs... of a town only 20% larger than my HS Student Body (2000). (4200 vs 5400).

Above all else, I simply can't vote for someone who believes in creationism, or wants it taught in schools. Can't do it, sorry.
Old 09-12-2008, 10:29 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: nonplussed

HE'S A FREAKIN' ACTOR!!!
I don't see the correlation here. Matt Damon is an actor, sure, but he is not running for VP of the country. That said, Matt Damon is semi-retarded.
Old 09-12-2008, 10:53 AM
VIP Member

I never heard of Barry Obama either. I just find it humorous when common folk much like you and I align themselves with Hollywood elite as if they have any clue what a common man needs. Nothing pisses me off more than these puppets abusing their spotlight (which we put them in) to broadcast their opinions. The media plays right into it. I was watching Leno the other night, he had Annet Benning as a guest, I changed the channel.
Old 09-12-2008, 11:01 AM
Old School

I never heard of Barry Obama either. I just find it humorous when common folk much like you and I align themselves with Hollywood elite as if they have any clue what a common man needs. Nothing pisses me off more than these puppets abusing their spotlight (which we put them in) to broadcast their opinions. The media plays right into it. I was watching Leno the other night, he had Annet Benning as a guest, I changed the channel.
I'm not really taking Damon seriously here, it's complete comic relief

But I'm dead serious about Palin here. For me, she's the deal breaker.

I knew of Obama for about 5-6 years now. I watched that great DNC '04 speech. So, definitely Obama has national spotlight for over 4 years if not longer than that.
Old 09-12-2008, 11:07 AM
Old School

But above ALL that, the President doesn't actually have much domestic power. Congress has much more domestic power, or should have. Bush has rewritten history more times than I'd like with his Executive Orders, but lets face it, he's way overstepping his bounds.

The president represents the Country to the world. Foreign Policy is #1 job of the president. McCain is definitely quailified. Obama, not as much, but decently enough... he's been around and knows the world well.

Palin, should she have to step in, is CLUELESS. Did anyone watch the ABC Interview last night?!

In that regard, yes, she is scary. Scary that she could be president
Old 09-12-2008, 11:12 AM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by joltdudeuc
I watched that great DNC '04 speech.
Oh yeah, I forgot about that.
Old 09-12-2008, 11:14 AM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by joltdudeuc

In that regard, yes, she is scary. Scary that she could be president
I don't fear Palin as much as "Change"
Old 09-12-2008, 11:49 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: nonplussed
Wait, I thought she was change.
Old 09-12-2008, 11:52 AM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by ryball
Wait, I thought she was change.
I guess....
Old 09-12-2008, 11:55 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: 02 Impreza WRX Sedan & 2008 GMC Sierra 4x4
Reminds me of something.....

Attached Thumbnails McCain/Palin '08 Ticket discussion-we_fear_change.jpg  
Old 09-12-2008, 11:57 AM

Car Info: 05 STi
Every day I watch the news on the upcoming election seeing if there's even a glimmer of hope for either candidate. It really sucks. I wouldn't let Palin run my gas station if I had one. On the personal level, I like alot about Obama; his charisma, the way he presents himself, etc... but at the end of the day I think half of his appeal is rhetoric. I don't see a lot of the things he talks about coming to fruitition. And some of the things he talks about are downright scary to me. I'm not a democrat simply because I don't want big government. It's not the governments job to protect me from myself, it's their job to protect everyone else from me. My mistakes should be felt by me and no one else. If I choose not to work, buy a house I can't afford, choose not to have insurance, etc... the American tax payer should feel no recourse.

McCain on the other had has everything I like in foreign policy experience and knowledge of politics and regimented delegation (his military experience). The thing I worry about is I feel he can't do anything for the economy which is in serious need of redirection. I also don't think he stresses the need for energy reform the way he should.

Does anyone else feel the same way?
Old 09-12-2008, 12:01 PM
VIP Member

I like this method better

Quick Reply: McCain/Palin '08 Ticket discussion