Teh Politics Forum Rumors and lies and Teh Iraqi Info Minister and much much more...

Love My Rifle More Than You

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2005, 06:09 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: black pearl sti
Love My Rifle More Than You

So I just finished reading this book and I really didn't like it. If you don't know its about a female translator who served in Iraq. Basically the book goes something like this,"All women in the military are ***** or *****es and I'm a ***** and only dumb girls are *****. All men except those of my choosing are horny apes and oh, yeah violent retards. I have a college degree and that makes me special. Plus I think I'm pretty. And special. And I'm better than you and you and you and I'm smarter than the US Army. Oh, yeah I'm not a ****.

There were lots of things that bothered me about this book, but the thing that bothered me the most was some obvious plagiarism that she engaged in. Chapter 7 which starts on pg. 64 is a half humorous half serious pre-deployment for Iraq list. Now I wasn't in the army, but I was in the Navy and many of those items are basically the same as one that you would see in random FW and the like. Any of you Army/Marine types want to verify my suspicion that she totally ripped this off and claimed it as her own?
Old 10-20-2005, 10:03 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2003 WRX, 2008 Camry
What did the list say? Since 2002, it's pretty easy to find modern packing lists and wish lists on the web.

And this pretty much summed up most every college SPC, WorldWide (RIP drop), and dropped SWCSbaby while I was in the 82nd, not LRSU

I have a college degree and that makes me special. Plus I think I'm pretty. And special. And I'm better than you and you and you and I'm smarter than the US Army.
That is until a good 24 CQ smoke session spread out among 1hr forced hydration breaks. I miss my days as a team leader a lot more than my time as a squad leader.
Old 10-20-2005, 10:09 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: black pearl sti
Just the usual, have your neighbors wake you up with a flashlight at all hours of the night, set all the alarms in your house to go off at random times, only go to the bathroom on your lawn in the middle of the day.
Old 10-21-2005, 05:46 AM

Car Info: 05 STi
Originally Posted by Salty
That is until a good 24 CQ smoke session spread out among 1hr forced hydration breaks. I miss my days as a team leader a lot more than my time as a squad leader.

HAHA Ranger school anyone?