Teh Politics Forum Rumors and lies and Teh Iraqi Info Minister and much much more...

The latest rumor...

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2004, 02:38 PM
VIP Member

^^^^^ Sorry to be the first one to post a scripture I always hate it when people get too religious, but reading MVWRX's post reminded me of it.
Old 12-07-2004, 03:17 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2003 PSM STi
IMHO, the Al Jezeera TV is reporting this rediculous crap with an alterior motive....to purposely turn the Iraqi civilian population against the US, thus, they (Iraqi civilians) will be more likely to support the Taliban, or any other insurgencies, and join them in the battle against the US....basically its a tactic to "recruit" new militants to fight against the allies as opposed to support the US, but making them believe that we are the "Bad guys."

Granted this whole war has become just stupid....and I truly fear that the 9-11 attacks are nothing compared to what is to come to US soil within the next couple of years, esp. with the talks of "portable" nuclear weapons, and/or bioterrorism...by no means is it over.

then again, I could be totally wrong......atleast I hope I am.....

my 2¢

-Ted
Old 12-07-2004, 04:35 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 03 WRX
Originally Posted by MVWRX
Your post makes my blood boil.
Al jazeera is one sided. No s***. So is Fox...but you agree with their crap so it's ok.

Do you believe in eternal damnation or eternal heaven? If you do, don't you see that those beliefs are just as silly as believing there are 72 virgins waiting for you? In my belief system (the one that says have faith in HUMANS and treat people how you want to be treated), you are as idiotic an excuse for a human as they are.
are you kidding me ?
Old 12-07-2004, 04:42 PM
VIP Member

first of all, nothing going on has anything to do with god, what I'm saying is that certain terrorists who happen to be muslim are using thier religon as an excuse to kill. IF you talk to most muslims they will tell you the koran says it is wrong to kill, just like most christians or jews do. but the terrorists and thier sympathizers use garbage like this as leverage to promote or justify thier cause
Old 12-07-2004, 04:55 PM
VIP Member

As far as I know (I'm not religious, so I'm not sure...), the 10 commandments are in the old testament. The old testament is common to all types of Christianity, Judaism, and Islam (with some changes for each). You calling me a fool only reveals how little you know about the subject at hand, seeing as I know very little but obviously know more than you.
You want rewards for murder? How about the crusades. Christians may be subdued right now, but their history reveals as much murder as the history of Islam.
I don't need your pity, fool.
if you read history you would see that arabs and persians tried to do the same thing even before the crusades, they actually controlled parts of iberia south of the pyranese for some time.Every civilization in history has had it's share of emperialisim and every country on the face of the earth was won through war. It's foolish to think the christians were the only crusaders.
Old 12-07-2004, 04:59 PM
VIP Member

Question

I call bulls*** on this. The crusades were a drunken frat style party launched every few years from Christian strongholds across most of Europe and the middle east...they raped every woman and stole every good, killed every man and child between where they lived and where they were going. I don't care what you think the Islamic people at the time did to insite this (other than simply living and being Islamic), but it was all Christians who went ape-s*** across the continent.

An aside: if the crusades don't matter 1000 years after the fact, why do people care so much about the life of 'saviors' that lived 2000 years ago? What I'm saying is: why is it so easy for religious people to remember only the good their religion has brought and completely ignore/write-off the horrific evils all religions have imposed on the world?
So, because some christians did this 500 plus years ago it's ok for them to let the streets run red with the blood of the infadels ?
Old 12-07-2004, 05:05 PM
VIP Member

by the way, I don't really consider myself a religious guy, but I can still respect mohammed, Jesus, plato, confucious, musashi, bodiharma, socrates or anyone else, as a brilliant philosipher whose thoughts helped to change peoples lives for the better. You don't have to think someone is god to learn from thier teachings.
Old 12-07-2004, 05:07 PM
VIP Member

wow we went from napalms to religeon
Old 12-07-2004, 05:16 PM

Car Info: '05 Crystal Grey Metallic WRX Sport Wagon
Originally Posted by VIBEELEVEN
by the way, I don't really consider myself a religious guy, but I can still respect mohammed, Jesus, plato, confucious, musashi, bodiharma, socrates or anyone else, as a brilliant philosipher whose thoughts helped to change peoples lives for the better. You don't have to think someone is god to learn from thier teachings.

I agree...but if you look at how each of those people affected the lives of people from when they lived forward (take it on a lives improved vs lives worsened basis); then plato, confucious, and socrates were the only ones on your list to contribute significantly and not detract at all. And if a 'brilliant philosopher' detracts more than contributes from the future of humanity, then I say he's not as brilliant as you think.

Monotheism ruined the world.
This book is good...I wish I could find the text of it somewhere so you don't need to buy it, but check it out at a library or something...
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/AS...774812-6465732

Last edited by MVWRX; 12-07-2004 at 05:20 PM.
Old 12-07-2004, 05:28 PM

Car Info: '05 Crystal Grey Metallic WRX Sport Wagon
Please look at posts 34,35, and 36. In the first, you say that the agressive, bad-guy Muslims are using Islam to recruit and justify bloodshed. Then in the next, you state that all religions have, at some time, used their religion to justify bloodshed. Then in the third, you say that the crusades are irrelevant because it was a long time ago (so Christianity's hand in bloodshed is somehow excused). This is almost my argument.
Organized religions, especially monotheistic ones, inherently cause more bad than good. Regardless of when or where, they have all caused majorly bad s***. Right now, condeming Islam (even if you only are condeming the zealots within Islam) is hypocritical if you do not at the same time condem Christianity and Judeism as well.
Thank you for strengthening my stance.

Last edited by MVWRX; 12-07-2004 at 05:32 PM.
Old 12-07-2004, 05:49 PM
VIP Member

Talking

I agree...but if you look at how each of those people affected the lives of people from when they lived forward (take it on a lives improved vs lives worsened basis); then plato, confucious, and socrates were the only ones on your list to contribute significantly and not detract at all. And if a 'brilliant philosopher' detracts more than contributes from the future of humanity, then I say he's not as brilliant as you think.

Monotheism ruined the world.
This book is good...I wish I could find the text of it somewhere so you don't need to buy it, but check it out at a library or something...
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/AS...774812-6465732
These guys didn't detract anything, morons using them as an excuse to did, after they were dead , I'm sure they wouldn't be pleased to know that wars were waged in thier names.

Last edited by VIBEELEVEN; 12-07-2004 at 05:54 PM.
Old 12-07-2004, 11:00 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 08 sti
Originally Posted by Oaf
And you threaten Hella with bannishment for posting non-contributing material!?

want to see something cool?
Old 12-08-2004, 08:45 AM
iClub Silver Vendor

Car Info: 2005 LGT wagon
Originally Posted by dr3d1zzl3
want to see something cool?
That depends...if it involves what you were bragging about in your first post, then no.
Old 12-08-2004, 10:50 AM
iClub Silver Vendor

Car Info: 2005 LGT wagon
Originally Posted by Gogats
The Jews never used bloodshed to spread religion (this should set a good fire)
Excellent point.

Quick Reply: The latest rumor...