Teh Politics Forum Rumors and lies and Teh Iraqi Info Minister and much much more...

The last 4 years in retrospect

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2004, 12:53 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: subaru
Arrow The last 4 years in retrospect

When George W. Bush came into office, I didn't vote and didn't much think or care about politics. When the President declared war on Iraq, I became a Democrat.

Over the past four years, Bush and his administration cronnies have systematically ground this country into the ground, making life worse for all people, Democrat, Republican, or other.

The Bush administration has given tax cuts to all people, primarily the wealthy, driving a once HUGE surplus under the Clinton administration into the biggest deficit in America's history. Bush did not inherit a recession, as the economy began to decline two months into Bush's term, marking the recession under his watch.
This fiscal irresponsibility wouldn't be a big problem if the country was seeing more jobs. But while Bush has been in office, a record number of jobs have been lost. No other president in the history of this great nation has seen job loss over the four years of their term except for Hoover, during THE GREAT DEPRESSION. Policies such as outsourcing of jobs to other countries has further exacerbated Bush's neglect and hatred of the "working man" he claims to support in his speeches.
Our country pays the lowest taxes as a percentage of GDP, according to Citizens for Tax Justice, than any other developed nation in the world other than Mexico. Yet our President wants to cut our taxes even lower, even though taxes have never been cut EVER in the USA during a time of war. How does he expect to pay for the war? He cuts funds to every other service or agency, including funds to SOLDIER'S AND THEIR FAMILIES, to pay for tax cuts primarily going to the wealthiest citizens of the USA (his friends). If you believe cutting the hazard pay of US soldiers and the benefits their struggling families receive at home is a good thing, I find you are UNAMERICAN.

Under Bush, healthcare costs have skyrocketed, while benefits to the elderly have declined. Perhaps this wouldn't be so bad if those approaching Social Security age weren't the BABY BOOMER generation, who pose a critical risk to our country's economy during their retirement.
On the subject of healthcare, the President has adopted sex education policies that have been proven to keep our children ignorant to the realities of life and put them at a greater risk to have an unplanned pregnancy. It's hard to avoid having children if you weren't taught how to use a condom or talk to a healthcare practitioner.

War- the President lied to the American people about the reasons for going to Iraq, and had no plan to win the peace and keep YOUR troops safe after the Iraqi military was trounced. Our troops fought valiantly in battle, but are now dying on a daily basis because of faulty planning, headstrong thinking, and a President willing to declare "Mission Accomplished" when indeed, months later, it is not. The cost of life on our side and the Iraqi side and the International side outweighs the trillions of dollars which have and will be spent in Iraq, so I won't go there. Halliburton gets a free ride this time.

Back at home, funds to education are drastically cut even though more students are trying to get into our schools. Jobs, as previously mentioned, are outsourced to other countries and continue to decline each month. In general, funds are cut to nearly every sector of state government in need, such as the highway and transportation comission. Emergency services such as the Coast Guard see their federal funds drop while those brave folks are given twice as many duties to fulfill. I will stop there.

On the international front, the rest of the world hates us after Bush squandered the good will towards America and turned it into a worldwide scorn for the USA and Bush. After 9/11, the world felt as if they were all Americans, and now they want to feel the exact opposite. After dropping out of several major international treaties such as the Kyoto Protocol, the Comprehensive (Nuclear) Test Ban Treaty, and the International Criminal Court, Bush has turned his back on the world while showing, through example, that the building of nuclear and biological weapons is exceptable to the USA. By removing the USA from these international gatherings, we have lost our clout and insider information and distanced ourselves from the people we should be getting closer to. Not to mention, we've given the rest of the world a reason to build and sell biological and nuclear weapons because, if we can build it - so can they. Add to the argument that Bush has progressed development on advanced nuclear weapons that can burrow into earth and supplant nuclear radiation in the world's groundwater in addition to a nuclear haulocost, and you have a President that shows a willingness to use nuclear weapons, perhaps preemptively, and tells the world to stop making nukes. That equals a deadly hypocrit.

Homeland security is a joke. Underfunded, poorly planned and executed, the homeland security of our nation is stretched so thin and is so underfunded that a large portion of our ports and entrances into the USA are unguarded. The same terrorists that flew airplanes into the Pentagon and WTC can easily sneak their way into the USA through Canada, Mexico, or an unguarded port, and cause unimaginable damage to our nation. President Bush has continually shown his weakness and inability to keep our country strong by continually rejecting proposals for homeland security from 2001 to 2003. The proposals, including pro-homeland security ammendments to protect commercial aircraft from the threat of shoulder-fired missiles, were tossed because President Bush believes in a small government that claims to protect its citizens from terrorists, but does the exact opposite.

WE CAN DO BETTER THAN THIS. Vote to oust a President who has the interests of corporations, not citizens, in mind. Vote to oust a President who unrepentently lies about what he says and does, and what his employees say and do.

Vote for a President who keep America strong militarily, economically, socially, and politically. John Kerry has the ability to keep our people safer and ultimately safe, keep them healthier, help the poor gain stability and monetary gain, make corporations and the rich pay their fair share for living in the greatest nation on Earth, help to ensure the environment is intact for generations to come, and work to gain our clout and esteem back in the rest of the world.

Please get educated, get registered to vote, and vote Democrat. Democrats are not pansies, are not liberal wallflowers. Democrats are hard-working American patriots working for the good of all people, not just the good of corporations and special interests and the rich. When a conservative confronts you on an issue or dismisses you with a curse or a foul name, don't play that game back at them - use fact and logic to show them their false values and ignorance to the truth and/or reality.
Old 10-18-2004, 02:06 PM
iClub Silver Vendor

Car Info: 2005 LGT wagon
Originally Posted by thebankman
...get registered to vote, and vote Democrat. Democrats are not pansies, are not liberal wallflowers. Democrats are hard-working American patriots working for the good of all people, not just the good of corporations and special interests and the rich. When a conservative confronts you on an issue or dismisses you with a curse or a foul name, don't play that game back at them - use fact and logic to show them their false values and ignorance to the truth and/or reality.
Hahahahaha.

So what am I supposed to do when a Soc....I mean Democrat does this to me?
Old 10-18-2004, 02:10 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2003 WRX, 2008 Camry
Ohhhhh I get it... the Democrats are the "American patriots!?"
Old 10-18-2004, 02:12 PM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by Oaf
Hahahahaha.

So what am I supposed to do when a Soc....I mean Democrat does this to me?
Its good advice for any body to confronts you with name-calling and using foul language. Especially if its the Vice President
Old 10-18-2004, 02:14 PM

Question for the Bankman:

Why did John Kerry vote against the first Gulf War? He voted against using the military to repel the invasion of an ally. Is that what a tough-guy does?

If so, give me the pansy.
Old 10-18-2004, 02:29 PM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by subaruguru
Question for the Bankman:

Why did John Kerry vote against the first Gulf War? He voted against using the military to repel the invasion of an ally. Is that what a tough-guy does?

If so, give me the pansy.
Especially if that ally has millions of dollars of oil. Oh wait, I get off topic.

I'm not Bankman, but I'll answer it.

In 1991, Kerry opposed the resolution authorizing Bush's father to go to war to eject Iraq from Kuwait, arguing that the U.N. sanctions then in place should be given more time to work.
Old 10-18-2004, 03:12 PM

Car Info: 72 Vespa with curb feelers
Are you better off today????

I'm FAR better off now than I was 4 years ago. Guess who I side with?
Old 10-18-2004, 03:18 PM

Car Info: '05 Crystal Grey Metallic WRX Sport Wagon
...I'll bet your success has more to do with the MBA than who happened to live in the White House...I'm glad you came up some in the past 4 years, but try to think about what got you there...I'll bet it wasn't a tax cut for people who were already rich, or cutting down trees...I'll bet it was education, and that's something that is supported far more by democrats than republicans. BTW, the 'no child left behind' program doesn't work. Didn't in Texas, won't in the US. The only way to help education is to spend WAY more money on it (pay teachers, buy supplies, build schools...)

Saying you side with a party/candidate just because you happen to have success during their time in office is a **** poor reason for your party-alligence. Everyone who graduated from their highest point of education and got a job in the past 4 years is better off than still being in school and not having a job...that doesn't mean all of them should be republicans.
Old 10-18-2004, 03:25 PM

Originally Posted by njc200
Especially if that ally has millions of dollars of oil. Oh wait, I get off topic.

I'm not Bankman, but I'll answer it.

In 1991, Kerry opposed the resolution authorizing Bush's father to go to war to eject Iraq from Kuwait, arguing that the U.N. sanctions then in place should be given more time to work.
haha, you mean the UN that stopped Iraq from invading Kuwait, and then raping and torturing its citizens? Oh wait, you can't mean that one because it doesn't exist.

Kerry opposed a resolution authorizing force against a Nation that invaded another country without even a pretense of justification. If you want to wait for sanctions when somebody is invading and conquering his neighbors, you need to sign on for the greens or something. I don't think even the democrats want that kind of thinking in their party.
Old 10-18-2004, 03:28 PM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by subaruguru
haha, you mean the UN that stopped Iraq from invading Kuwait, and then raping and torturing its citizens? Oh wait, you can't mean that one because it doesn't exist.

Kerry opposed a resolution authorizing force against a Nation that invaded another country without even a pretense of justification. If you want to wait for sanctions when somebody is invading and conquering his neighbors, you need to sign on for the greens or something. I don't think even the democrats want that kind of thinking in their party.
Wow, wow, wow Subaruguru. I never said I agree with it. Thats what Kerry says his reasons were for his vote. Don't lambast me. I'm just giving you his reason.
Old 10-18-2004, 03:29 PM

Car Info: '05 Crystal Grey Metallic WRX Sport Wagon
We can't stop all of the evil dictators in the world...and there are a**loads of them...so why did we choose Saddam? YES the OIL...otherwise we'd be freedom fighting all across Africa
Old 10-18-2004, 03:37 PM

Originally Posted by njc200
Wow, wow, wow Subaruguru. I never said I agree with it. Thats what Kerry says his reasons were for his vote. Don't lambast me. I'm just giving you his reason.
Notice my use of the conditional "if". I was lambasting Kerry, and you "if" you happen to agree with that thinking.