Teh Politics Forum Rumors and lies and Teh Iraqi Info Minister and much much more...

The koran/quran

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2005, 11:44 PM

Car Info: 02 Silver WRX sedan. Eibach springs, Blitz NUR cat back, Rota 17" Attacks, Cobb AccessPort/DP
The koran/quran

I was watching the news and of course they were talking about the "horrific" Koran scandal...lol....anyway, the news crew (I forgot what station it was) was going around interviewing Middle Easterners and asking them what they thought of the incident. This one shop owner (I forgot what city it was but i think it might have been the Ca. bay area) shows the news crew his Koran/quran and tells about how sacred it is. Then he's asked what he thinks should be done with the soldiers accused of being involved in the incident. This mother f****r says with a straight face, "They should be immediately executed.".

My question to these barbarians is, why did you come to the U.S.? Why would you put yourself in a society that is in a constant state of progression. Knowing that your good book is as about as valuable as the "Idiots guide to gardening" here in the U.S. Especially when this book means so damn much to you that you want to kill anyone that talks smack about it. Why? Why would you come here? I just don't get it.

Then it hit me,...
But I'll save that for another thread....
Old 05-18-2005, 11:26 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2003 WRX, 2008 Camry
What hit you? Go ahead and say it here.

Although I see your gripe and agree with you for the most part this thread is destined to turn into "freedom of speech" or a "I may disagree with your opinion, but I’ll defend to the death your right to say it" powwow.

I find it's best to ignore them or take their comments as some sick joke. If they acted on these thoughts they'd be toast in no time.
Old 05-18-2005, 04:37 PM

Car Info: 2007 Nissan Frontier
They would come here because there is freedom to have a good life here. Seriously man, just because someone is not christian and has diffrent beliefs than you dosn't mean they are mother ****ing barbarians or idiots. I myself am not religous at all, and do not like organized religon but Islam when tought in the way it was supposed to be (not radicallized) is a great religon. However, in Islam, the Koran is not something at all that you can **** with or make jokes with. Yes, making fun of it is something we do in america, and newsweek was little *****es for putting that story out. But, to muslums who saw it that was a horrendus attrocity, and had it been true and I had been muslum I would have been pissed as hell too!

Your hate for these people means more hate against the US. It's a never ending cycle. I hate stupid people who think that just because someone believes somehting else they are automatically wrong. Arg.
-Jeff

Last edited by Magish; 05-18-2005 at 04:54 PM. Reason: Salty: You may have got me this time, but just wait! ;)
Old 05-18-2005, 04:44 PM

Yeah you aren't being tolerant enough of them wanting to murder people who don't agree with their religion.
Old 05-18-2005, 04:53 PM

I am not saying that they are right in saying that, I'm just saying that Hate only breeds more hate, on both sides. They hate us, that causes us to hate them. Goes the other way too. Hate only breeds more hate, and both sides are equally guilty.
-Jeff
Old 05-18-2005, 06:21 PM

Car Info: 02 Silver WRX sedan. Eibach springs, Blitz NUR cat back, Rota 17" Attacks, Cobb AccessPort/DP
Missed my point....

Originally Posted by Imprezastifan88
I am not saying that they are right in saying that, I'm just saying that Hate only breeds more hate, on both sides. They hate us, that causes us to hate them. Goes the other way too. Hate only breeds more hate, and both sides are equally guilty.
-Jeff
Jeff,
I think you miss understood the heart of my question. Let me rephrase. Just for the record, yes I think that anyone that thinks anyone else deserves death over something they say, is crazy and said person shouldn't be allowed to walk freely in our society. I also think, that anyone that says a person deserves to die over something they did to a book is a bit coocoo, and again, should not be allowed to interact with others in this (U.S.) society. I think that type of behavior is barbaric.

My point was, is why would someone that thinks that way (see above) want to put themselves in a position where they would possibly have to interact with people of a culture so different from their own. A culture that, for the most part, couldn't care less about some book that this person idolizes. Because you know one day it's going to happen. Someone is going to spit, kick, drop, or throw away this holiest of holy icons. It will most likely happen more than once.

That's like me saying, "Hmmm. I'm not gay, and I can't stand looking at two men kissing. I think I'll move to Key West, the Gay Mecca of the U.S.". You see, it just doesn't make any sence. Now lets say I was as barbaric as the dude that said anyone who misshandles the koran should die. I'd be walking around Key West wanting to kill everyone, because they don't think like I do. Then, lets say I just snap one day....

Now thankfully I'm no barbarian and I'm certainly no homo-phobe, so all the "alternative lifestile" types are safe...from me anyway.

But can you see why I would think that someone of such extreme ideals wouldn't want to live amung nonbelievers?

Now just to clarify something. You wrote: "Your hate for these people means more hate against the US"

I never said I hate anyone....where did you get that? I don't think I'm the one full of hate here....
Old 05-18-2005, 08:13 PM

Alright, now its cleared up. Sorry i misunderstood