Teh Politics Forum Rumors and lies and Teh Iraqi Info Minister and much much more...

Just Read It

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2005, 04:35 AM

Car Info: '05 Crystal Grey Metallic WRX Sport Wagon
Just Read It

Why doesn't everyone in politics follow the "golden rule"???? If they did, all of our threads would be agreements instead of arguments...

I mean seriously...no one here would argue that the species HomoSapiens is not the best...so why do you so admently defend different (worldly unpopular) views of our role as humans on earth???? We should be striving for a global survival (global democracy/success) not a nationalistic one. Our nationalism should be tied to an understanding that all of human kind would be better if they did what we did...do you all believe that??? I really think most of you are more selfish than that...the founders of our system of government definatly thought that all of humanity would be better if they followed our lead...

*Especially those who think they live their lives to the golden rule...do you really? Do you judge others as though they were you??? Or do you judge others as if you are the supreme judge and your opinion counts more then those who you are judging...

Last edited by MVWRX; 09-03-2005 at 04:57 AM.
Old 09-03-2005, 08:49 AM

Car Info: Sline
What was with you last night? Get drunk and go off on a rampage about the golden rule and selfishness?
Old 09-03-2005, 11:35 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: 02WRXpseudoSTiWannabeWagon
I don't, but I strive to.

I really try to understand as opposed to being initially offended or alienated. BUT, if I'm unable to understand someone, I pass judgement just like humans are wont to do.

Like anyone who is bent on hurting those who are not like themselves. I just don't understand that mentality, so I have little use for them. Further, if I were in a situation where I could first, attempt to teach them, and when that fails, attempt to bait them to take a swipe at me; I wouldn't hesitate.

If that's pre-judgemental and against what the golden rule is all about:
<----guilty.
Old 09-03-2005, 11:43 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2003 WRX, 2008 Camry
Originally Posted by jvick125
What was with you last night? Get drunk and go off on a rampage about the golden rule and selfishness?
Haha. You noticed that too. He had something like 4 crazy posts in a row around at 4am last night. I couldn't sleep
Old 09-03-2005, 12:11 PM

Car Info: Sline
Yeah, I wake up and I thought I was reading the same post in different threads.