Teh Politics Forum Rumors and lies and Teh Iraqi Info Minister and much much more...

Internment camps for Muslims.. why not?

Old 08-02-2004, 09:24 AM

Car Info: 72 Vespa with curb feelers
Internment camps for Muslims.. why not?

Internment camps or expulsion... why not? It would stop another terrorist attack.
Old 08-02-2004, 09:39 AM

Car Info: 2000 2.5 RS
wow......does someone else want to address this?
Old 08-02-2004, 09:43 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2003 WRX, 2008 Camry
Believe it or not there's good aspects to internment camps and martial law on the security level as long as it's done properly. Regardless, there's not a snowball's chance in hell this will ever happen.

Can you imagine the uproar? Not just from Muslims, Japanese Americans and liberals but from every walk of life.

We still have red tic marks on plane tickets for 80yr old Christian women so this will never happen. Like i've suggested in other posts, I do think we need to profile individuals more on religion and race but this would never fly.

Likewise, what i've suggested on security in the past will never happen because people are too scared to take the proper measures. We're too scared of other's reactions, lawsuits and so forth when it's been proven to work. Even measures that are still within reason and don't break the racial boundaries will get rejected.

Expulsion is way out of the question for obvious reasons. Can you explain exaclty what you'd plan to do in detail, Helladumb?

Last edited by Salty; 08-02-2004 at 09:46 AM.
Old 08-02-2004, 09:58 AM

Actually, just a conversation piece. I don't think it would ever happen, either.

However, internment is something that is in place to prevent domestic terrorism for this type of situation. Imaging how many Chinese we'd be worried about if we had a war with China, for example?

Even applying the Japan example, how many Japanese spies do you think were interned? I'd guess a lot.

I'd rather see major profiling efforts and full-cavity searches going on at mosques rather than interning them.... ok ok... so I'm being "extreme."

Originally Posted by Salty
Believe it or not there's good aspects to internment camps and martial law on the security level as long as it's done properly. Regardless, there's not a snowball's chance in hell this will ever happen.

Can you imagine the uproar? Not just from Muslims, Japanese Americans and liberals but from every walk of life.

We still have red tic marks on plane tickets for 80yr old Christian women so this will never happen. Like i've suggested in other posts, I do think we need to profile individuals more on religion and race but this would never fly.

Likewise, what i've suggested on security in the past will never happen because people are too scared to take the proper measures. We're too scared of other's reactions, lawsuits and so forth when it's been proven to work. Even measures that are still within reason and don't break the racial boundaries will get rejected.

Expulsion is way out of the question for obvious reasons. Can you explain exaclty what you'd plan to do in detail, Helladumb?
Old 08-02-2004, 10:11 AM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by HellaDumb
Actually, just a conversation piece. I don't think it would ever happen, either.

However, internment is something that is in place to prevent domestic terrorism for this type of situation. Imaging how many Chinese we'd be worried about if we had a war with China, for example?

Even applying the Japan example, how many Japanese spies do you think were interned? I'd guess a lot.

I'd rather see major profiling efforts and full-cavity searches going on at mosques rather than interning them.... ok ok... so I'm being "extreme."
Believe it or not I’ve had these thoughts and so have many others. But as long as we have Starbucks and Jamba Juice this will never happen again.

Here's why it won't work...

This isn't a conventional war against a known enemy, this is terrorism... Even though the stereotypical terrorist has brown skin and worships Allah, doesn’t mean a corn-fed white boy from Indiana couldn't walk into a mosque and become a radical Muslim.

We're not necessarily fighting a paticular group of people and there's no way we could single-out every Muslim because of what i mentioned above. We're literally fighting the act of terror, a thought deep inside our mind based on certain fears.

Last edited by Salty; 08-02-2004 at 10:30 AM.
Old 08-02-2004, 10:24 AM

I would agree that maybe a corn-fed whitey might account for that 1/100th of a % that slips through, but I think it's a bit of a reach. How much do you think they'd actually trust a corn-fed white boy? If it were that easy, we'd already have infiltrated their networks, which we've attempted to do with U.S. friendly arabs.

Women are the obvious choice for them, and one was just found sneaking accross the Mexican border (had plane ticket to NY and cash)..... this WAS on the news a day or two ago. I would bet you it will be their women and children that become their tools of murder.

This whole, "what about Timothy McVeigh" thing is all about political correctness.
I guarantee you the Feds are looking out for home-grown whackos all the time.

Believe it or not I’ve had these thoughts and so have many others. But as long as we have Starbucks and Jamba Juice this will never happen again.

Here's why it won't work...

This isn't a conventional war against a known enemy, this is terrorism... Even though the stereotypical terrorist has brown skin and worships Allah, doesn’t mean a corn-feed white boy from Indiana couldn't walk into a mosque and become a radical Muslim.

We're not necessarily fighting group of people and there's no way we could single-out every Muslim because of what i mentioned above. We're literally fighting the act of terror, a thought deep inside our mind based on certain fears.
Old 08-02-2004, 11:01 AM
Admin v2.0

Car Info: 02 Black Legacy GT
I am muslim. Wanna put me in a camp too?
Old 08-02-2004, 11:43 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: 08 sti
maybe it is a good idea!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

rofl

screw an interment camp i say just eridicate them all, and when your done with muslims you can start on hindus, then buddihsts, then taoists, then catholics, until only right wing super christians are left.
Old 08-02-2004, 11:46 AM

Interment camps suck.
Expulsion is fine with me if they aren't citizens.
Doing it to just muslims would draw a lot of flak.
I'd rather we just keep track of all non-citizens inside the US.
Old 08-02-2004, 11:55 AM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by dr3d1zzl3
maybe it is a good idea!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

rofl

screw an interment camp i say just eridicate them all, and when your done with muslims you can start on hindus, then buddihsts, then taoists, then catholics, until only right wing super christians are left.
I never knew Hindus, Buddhists and Taoists were currently killing in the name of their God.

Why can't we all be atheist and call it a day?

As for Alex, i wouldn't put you in a camp but i would take extra precautions to insure you're not a treat to national security. You can thank the Muslim extremists that are killing in the name of Allah for that!

Last edited by Salty; 08-02-2004 at 11:57 AM.
Old 08-02-2004, 12:11 PM
VIP Member

I never knew Hindus, Buddhists and Taoists were currently killing in the name of their God.

Why can't we all be atheist and call it a day?

As for Alex, i wouldn't put you in a camp but i would take extra precautions to insure you're not a treat to national security. You can thank the Muslim extremists that are killing in the name of Allah for that!

forgot those godless bastards.... add them to the list as well

and im sure if you looked hard nuff you could find people killing in the name of buddah, or shiva, or what have you.
Old 08-02-2004, 12:39 PM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by dr3d1zzl3
and im sure if you looked hard nuff you could find people killing in the name of buddah, or shiva, or what have you.
You can point fingers about motive to kill another human all day long, Dre! I see your point but you go too far and extreme way too fast! There should be no reason why we can't have our cake and eat it too regarding legitimate higher security practice.

Nothing changes the fact we have Muslim Extremists openly killing non-combatants with machete’s and commercial airplanes in the name of Allah. They're publicly proud of this fact and that's what makes them dangerous and in a separate class from other Muslims. It just so happens that they're of Middle Eastern decent and are Muslim so we need to profile for the greater good.

Same thing held true if you just so happened to be a black male wearing blue or red clothing in downtown Watts during the early 90's. Do you think the police profiled these individuals as possible gang members? Damn skippy! Were all of them actual members of gangs? Of course not, but i'm sure the police officers weeded out a lot of actual gang members because they profiled.

I'm not saying we put all Muslims or Middle Easterners in a Camp! However, I believe we need to run a sound background check on them and their family to make sure there's no threat. If there's the smallest link of terrorist ties and/or activity then we gag and bad them till **** gets worked out and their name(s) are free and clear to continue with their lives.
Old 08-02-2004, 12:43 PM
VIP Member

i say shoot them all, just make sure to keep a few restraunts around, their rice dishes are good...

mmmmm taboli
Old 08-02-2004, 03:12 PM
iClub Silver Vendor

Car Info: 2005 LGT wagon
Originally Posted by Imprezer
I am muslim. Wanna put me in a camp too?
If I knew that it would prevent another attack, I'd put you in a camp.
But, you could take your Subie....and computer.

Dre:

You're right, there are Hindu radicals in India...and guess who they're fighting...Islamic radicals!
Old 08-03-2004, 10:21 AM

Car Info: 04 Silver WRX Wagon
What about the Timothy McVeighs? I know... let's put everyone who is at all suspicious in an internment camp. Let's create a totalitarian society, locking down on all who oppose the national consensus (or rather the consensus that rains down from a select oppressive few).

And then we can kill ALL non-Americans who dont buy into our hegemonic edicts. We own this world and dont need anybody getting in our way.

If you are nodding your head in agreement, ship your *** back to Germnay of the 40s. This is America, a land of many creeds and cultures. This is our country

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Internment camps for Muslims.. why not?