Teh Politics Forum Rumors and lies and Teh Iraqi Info Minister and much much more...

Insurgent waits to fight another day

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2004, 06:11 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: 02 Impreza WRX Sedan & 2008 GMC Sierra 4x4
Insurgent waits to fight another day

After Fallujah, son is dead but father's fervor remains

A blacksmith turned insurgent, Abu Mohammed undertook an odyssey this month that carried him from the battlefields of Fallujah, roiled with religion, to a harrowing escape across the Euphrates River and a lonely exile in Baghdad, where he waits to fight another day. It began with the death of his son, Ahmed, whose short life was ended by an American bullet.

"He was only 13, but he was the equal of a thousand men," Abu Mohammed said, in words that served as an epitaph.

His hard face, framed in short, graying hair, softened. Almost imperceptibly, a glimmer passed over his limpid eyes. Sitting on a thin, tattered mat with a floral design, he leaned his short, wiry body forward, his hands clasped at his waist.

"He had more guts than me, a hundred times more," the father said. "He was still a child, but he was a hero."
I'm not sure what the point of this story is but it caught my attention. Are we supposed to feel bad for his son who got killed? WTF In my opinion the reporter should have told the military about this guys location. Here is an admitted insurgent and self proclaimed "renowned sniper." Undoubtably this guy has killed an American soldier and now he is just hiding in Baghdad. Too bad the reporter didn't just put one in his head after he got the story.

Sorry here is the link. In my pissed offedness I forgot to post it. His son had planted a homicide bomb near some us troops and then got sniped by someone as he was retreating from falluja.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/6623180/

Discuss

Last edited by SilverScoober02; 12-01-2004 at 09:57 AM. Reason: Added Link...Sorry
Old 12-01-2004, 09:23 AM
iClub Silver Vendor

Car Info: 2005 LGT wagon
What are the details of his son's death?
Where does this story come from?
How was it determined that it was an American bullet that killed the boy?
If the son was "in the wrong place at the wrong time", I feel for this man.
If the son was participating in killing US troops, the son got what he deserved.

War sucks & innocent people die during it's execution.
Old 12-01-2004, 09:34 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2003 WRX, 2008 Camry
Originally Posted by Oaf
What are the details of his son's death?
Where does this story come from?
How was it determined that it was an American bullet that killed the boy?
If the son was "in the wrong place at the wrong time", I feel for this man.
If the son was participating in killing US troops, the son got what he deserved.

War sucks & innocent people die during it's execution.

I absolutely agree.

Of course it was an American bullet because it makes for a good story to belittle our servicemen and liberation motives.

I was under the impression that everyone of those insurgents was formally trained and capable of hitting 40/40 all day long, Paul. Hell, it was hard getting a sniper slot because they had already taken all of them.

Give us a link please, SilverScoober02.
Old 12-01-2004, 09:58 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: 02 Impreza WRX Sedan & 2008 GMC Sierra 4x4
sorry guys I posted the link in the original message. In my haste I forgot. Anyways this story has me burning....
Old 12-01-2004, 10:36 AM
VIP Member

So he was a fighter at the age of 12 against the most efficient and fair military in the world. I’m sure your son new the definition of hero and the consequences of his actions at such a young, innocent age. Great parenting, Abu!

Well at least the mortar man isn't wearing gloves as he drops the round into the tube. But wait... the other mortar man has the tube propped onto his foot! Wow...

With this type of idiocy, people shooting motors from the hip while wearing panty hose on their faces and the recent accusations that the US is using napalm from Fallujah witnesses and residents, it's obvious that these people are a bunch of uneducated monkeys.

I'm sorry but that's the way I feel about them now. Half of their country can't even read and the education system has been teaching Jihad and how to purify water for decades. They're all ****ing retarded, ignorant monkeys as far as I’m concerned. I’d be more impressed if they were swing from a ****ing vine at this point.
Old 12-01-2004, 11:39 AM
250,000-mile Club President

Car Info: MBP 02 WRX wagon
Originally Posted by Salty
So he was a fighter at the age of 12 against the most efficient and fair military in the world. .
Fair? like Fox news?

Explain to me how a country with stealth fighters, B-2 bombers, FA-18's along with carrier fleets and tank brigades loaded with depleted uranium is a "fair" fight against a third-world country full of "ignorant retarded monkeys" armed with AK-47's and RPG's that we essentially bombed back to the stone age 10 years ago?

Is it "fair" because we aren't winning?

Sometimes I really don't understand.....
Old 12-01-2004, 02:03 PM
iClub Silver Vendor

Car Info: 2005 LGT wagon
You're right...you don't understand.
"Fair" in the sense that we don't video tape our troops lopping off the heads of our enemy, that we don't set off car bombs with the express purpose of killing our own children, or shoot female aid workers in the head after raping them.
Old 12-01-2004, 03:40 PM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by psoper
Fair? like Fox news?

Explain to me how a country with stealth fighters, B-2 bombers, FA-18's along with carrier fleets and tank brigades loaded with depleted uranium is a "fair" fight against a third-world country full of "ignorant retarded monkeys" armed with AK-47's and RPG's that we essentially bombed back to the stone age 10 years ago?

Is it "fair" because we aren't winning?

Sometimes I really don't understand.....

It's fair because our military can be a kind, gentle parent figure that truly wants the best for Iraq -or- a lethal killer if you rub them the wrong way.

Even you can’t play stupid on this one, psoper. If you were in that father’s shoes and an occupying force breeched te United States borders would you send your 12yr old son off the battle? Let’s assume that this occupying force is an equivalent of the U.S. Military with identical traits, ROE, American ethics and familes of their own waiting at home.

I honestly feel half our troops would be home for Christmas and the other half would be handing out ballots in Fallujah if it wasn’t for this type of blatant ignorance from men that think their son is capable and heroic enough to challenge the United State’s Armed Forces that only want to help the Iraqi citizens.