Teh Politics Forum Rumors and lies and Teh Iraqi Info Minister and much much more...

If it's spoken, does that make it true?

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2006, 04:49 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: 02WRXpseudoSTiWannabeWagon
If it's spoken, does that make it true?

http://www.indystar.com/apps/pbcs.dl...439/-1/ZONES04 and http://www.thestar.com/NASApp/cs/Con...l=968350060724

http://www.regnum.ru/english/accidents/688679.html

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/tom-da...b_b_26691.html

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/servl...tional/Africa/

It just struck me as funny. Over the past month, I continued to see articles where Nasrallah kept poking Israel in the eye stating things to the effect that 'that didn't hurt' or 'even though you killed 500 of us, WE WIN!'.

Anymore, it's obvious to me that bodycount no longer = victory.

My feeling is that prior to the invasion, both sides were anticipating what the effects would be of a victory for their side, to include the USA, Syria, and Iran. Since there obviously isn't a very clear outcome, we (the general public) have to wait and see how the cards fall AFTER the dust settles.
Old 08-15-2006, 10:57 AM

Car Info: '05 Crystal Grey Metallic WRX Sport Wagon
In this conflict, there can be no victory. Unless: A) Isreal goes away forever or B) Isreal gets control of the entire middle east and irradicates Islam in the region.

My opinion is that the only way to control the fighting in the area is to set up a palastenian state exactly equall in size to Isreal, put international troops in permanent positions along the border between the two, and require quarterly inspections of both countries (their factories, labs, etc...) by a revolving group of 10-15 countries that aren't involved in the dispute.
Old 08-15-2006, 12:30 PM

Car Info: 72 Vespa with curb feelers
Originally Posted by MVWRX
My opinion is that the only way to control the fighting in the area is to set up a palastenian state exactly equall in size to Isreal, put international troops in permanent positions along the border between the two, and require quarterly inspections of both countries (their factories, labs, etc...) by a revolving group of 10-15 countries that aren't involved in the dispute.
Huh? That is whacko! I'm surprised you didn't include giving the "palestinians" their own Disneyland.
Old 08-15-2006, 12:54 PM

Explain to me why it's so whacko? Right now the Palastinians have no place because they were kicked out of their homes by the Isrealis and the other Muslims in the area won't give them a place to live because the gov'ts want the palastinians to take Isreal back. That's a major problem.

Also, if they had a land area and government, the rest of the world would be able to bomb THEM without upsetting the countries they're hiding in, and they'd be able to put economic strangle holds on them.

It makes perfect sense...the Isrealis agree (the smart ones at least), the Palastinians obviously agree, and many people who are not infatuated with perpetual war in other parts of the world agree as well.

Last edited by MVWRX; 08-15-2006 at 12:56 PM.
Old 08-15-2006, 03:30 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 08 sti
mvwrx did you just try and debate the villiage mongoloid?

come on man you know better then that..
Old 08-15-2006, 03:35 PM

Well, he's the only one to respond to a some-what-controversial issue...I'm actually really curious about what people think of a Palestinian state similar to Isreal...
Old 08-15-2006, 05:20 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 02WRXpseudoSTiWannabeWagon
Have you noticed that in the late 20th, early 21st century, there are no such thing as allies. There will never be a brotherhood among antisemite muslims and jews. Of all the answers, one certain truth is that neither side will be wiped off of the face of the planet; at least not in the near future. Another is that neither side will cede anything peacefully. The only answer that I see, and again, will not be a reality any time soon, will be a peaceful coexistence. On and off for the last 58 years, there's been war and there's been peaceful (but hateful) coexistence. Not to say that during the peaceful periods, one side wasn't plotting against the other, but at least there were no overt clashes.

Therefore, I believe that no one is striving for a total resolution to the muslim extremist vs. jewish or the muslim extremist vs. US conflicts. They are just looking to strike a balance that is acceptable to both sides.

Muslim extremists might wish that we (the US, US supporters and Israel) were wiped off of the planet, even to the point of killing as many as they can, but they're not going to exterminate a nation in a year or a decade or three.

The US merely wants peace and some for of influence or total control of the oil.
Old 08-15-2006, 05:49 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 08 sti
split antartica downt he middle.. and let em go at it