Teh Politics Forum Rumors and lies and Teh Iraqi Info Minister and much much more...

U.K.: Plot to bomb U.S.-bound planes foiled

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2006, 03:00 AM
Pr0n King

Car Info: Turncoat Turbo
U.K.: Plot to bomb U.S.-bound planes foiled

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/14278216/

LONDON - British police thwarted on Thursday what they said was a plot to blow up aircraft in mid-flight between Britain and the United States and arrested more than 15 people.

Both countries stepped up security, causing severe delays at airports following the revelation of the plot, which a police source said was believed to involve a “liquid chemical” device.

“A major terrorist plot to allegedly blow up aircraft in mid-flight has been disrupted,” a London police spokesman said.

“The police acting with the security service MI5 are investigating an alleged plot to bring down a number of aircraft through mid-flight explosions, causing a considerable loss of life,” Interior Minister John Reid said.
Old 08-10-2006, 07:02 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: R.I.P 03 aspen white wrx
so its un-evadable that we are at war now with a religion and were do we go to fight it? iran, syria???? cause these f**kers have to be stopped

these muslims are ready to die for their virgins and belive that we must convert or die.

Last edited by zumnwrx; 08-10-2006 at 07:05 AM.
Old 08-10-2006, 10:03 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2003 WRX, 2008 Camry
Who cares if they have liquids! We need liquids to survive, don't we? Congrats UK!! you are two steps ahead of helladumb for idiot reactionist of the year. Geez guys... stop freaking out already.
Old 08-10-2006, 11:55 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: 08 sti
ehhh wrong

they had actionable intelligence that they were going to use liquid based explosives.

So they put the proper controls in place to thwart said activities...

Big difference between their actions and hellas is hella (and yourself) are crying foul about **** you havent got a clue about.

vs the UK authorities who have god only knows how much intel on those twatwits and their plans.
Old 08-10-2006, 12:07 PM

Car Info: 2002 WRX
It's pretty sad that I can't bring a bottle of water on the plane. If a take a drink can I keep it?
I wouldn't want to "profile" because that's not nice BUT we need to start profiling!!! Their have been a few exceptions to the rule like Timothy Mcveigh but for the most part you could find the majority of risky people just based on what they look like. If you're last name is Muhammed, you should expect to get flagged at security and you shouldn't be offended. You should be more than happy to comply and to show that not everyone with a middle eastern name is a terrorist.

Hey nice turbin can you step over here for a second. You have been selected for a bag search. Thanks have a nice day.
Old 08-10-2006, 01:15 PM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by Jakes02
It's pretty sad that I can't bring a bottle of water on the plane. If a take a drink can I keep it?
I wouldn't want to "profile" because that's not nice BUT we need to start profiling!!! Their have been a few exceptions to the rule like Timothy Mcveigh but for the most part you could find the majority of risky people just based on what they look like. If you're last name is Muhammed, you should expect to get flagged at security and you shouldn't be offended. You should be more than happy to comply and to show that not everyone with a middle eastern name is a terrorist.

Hey nice turbin can you step over here for a second. You have been selected for a bag search. Thanks have a nice day.

if you understood the threat you would understand the precautions they are taking.

profiling is about the worst thing you can do.. (in its truest form)

It locks you into looking for a pattern, once your opponent knows your pattern they will deviate from it and then you are screwed...

profiling is for idiots, everyone should be suspect
Old 08-10-2006, 03:19 PM

Car Info: 2007 Nissan Frontier
Originally Posted by Salty
Who cares if they have liquids! We need liquids to survive, don't we? Congrats UK!! you are two steps ahead of helladumb for idiot reactionist of the year. Geez guys... stop freaking out already.
There is a difference between a government doing something about a terrorist threat, and the general public worring about one. My comments are simply difrected to those like us on this site, who can do very little to stop any threat.
Old 08-10-2006, 03:26 PM

Originally Posted by dr3d1zzl3
if you understood the threat you would understand the precautions they are taking.

It locks you into looking for a pattern, once your opponent knows your pattern they will deviate from it and then you are screwed...

]
I'm in the Navy and we do searches also. I think I'm aware of the threat. Just because you are profiling doesn't mean you don't have to pay attention and know what the hell is going on.
Old 08-10-2006, 03:28 PM

Just FYI we have two threads talking about the same thing. Let's all get on one page.
Old 08-10-2006, 05:36 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 02WRXpseudoSTiWannabeWagon
Originally Posted by dr3d1zzl3

Amen to that.
Old 08-10-2006, 10:10 PM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by Jakes02
]
I'm in the Navy and we do searches also. I think I'm aware of the threat. Just because you are profiling doesn't mean you don't have to pay attention and know what the hell is going on.

Really? You know the current threat?

What exactly is it?

Dont give me the press release bull**** cause you would be a fool to think that is the full story..
Old 08-11-2006, 08:17 AM
250,000-mile Club President

Car Info: MBP 02 WRX wagon
How come one person out of the 20 has not been identified or had his assets frozen?

(my guess- because one was an agent provocateur- an undercover plant or agitator who actually works for the "good guys")

And who anywhere said that they were muslims?

I read it was "homegrown" meaning UK people...
Old 08-12-2006, 07:27 AM

Car Info: 2005 impreza 2.5rs (sliver,5 speed manual, sports
Originally Posted by psoper
How come one person out of the 20 has not been identified or had his assets frozen?

(my guess- because one was an agent provocateur- an undercover plant or agitator who actually works for the "good guys")

And who anywhere said that they were muslims?

I read it was "homegrown" meaning UK people...

you read wrong some were citizens but all were from egypt and were muslim extremist

it ****' me off to think the had the frickin pride to assume the could kill a thousand people agian!!! most of everyone were americans and brits! does that **** anyone else off??? they were going to muder our fellow countrymen?

its really hard to stay politically correct when all the terrorist that have acted on there plans the last 10 years have all been middle eastern! but i do agree that profiling could lead into a rut that might catch us off guard later.

and there is a way everyone can help fight these terrorist! join the military, believe it or not but they are fighting them everyday. maybe you don't like killing people...ok the military needs alot more jobs filled than combat jobs!

our military is desperate for recruits!!!! personally i think its time americans that can, should join into the service and help freedom prosper.

ok i'm done with my recruiting speech
Old 08-12-2006, 07:50 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: 02WRXpseudoSTiWannabeWagon
Originally Posted by kyle_RS
and there is a way everyone can help fight these terrorist! join the military, believe it or not but they are fighting them everyday. maybe you don't like killing people...ok the military needs alot more jobs filled than combat jobs!

our military is desperate for recruits!!!! personally i think its time americans that can, should join into the service and help freedom prosper.

ok i'm done with my recruiting speech
What do you think about this? Currently, if you serve in the military, you still pay taxes (unless you get deployed overseas.) How about the 'no draft' policy remains in place, but for those who don't serve in the military, you will pay 10% income tax above whatever your current rate is for the rest of your life?

Last edited by gpatmac; 08-12-2006 at 07:56 AM.
Old 08-12-2006, 08:15 AM

Car Info: 2005 impreza 2.5rs (sliver,5 speed manual, sports
Originally Posted by gpatmac
What do you think about this? Currently, if you serve in the military, you still pay taxes (unless you get deployed overseas.) How about the 'no draft' policy remains in place, but for those who don't serve in the military, you will pay 10% income tax above whatever your current rate is for the rest of your life?

every country needs taxes to succeed! i don't mind paying taxes, i don't like it sometimes but i'm smart enough to realize there essantial. duh!

my point was don't use the excuse that you (the average american) can't help fight terrorism. because you can. we have a military that needs people currently fighting terror.

if you have a problem with taxes maybe you should move, but i'm pretty sure every country has them.

so poop on you sir

and i think its kind of dumb to pay government money then take it back yes. the should just lower the money and tell the troops what they're really going to get, but whatever i'm not in charge of that. but paying taxes is fine with me.

Quick Reply: U.K.: Plot to bomb U.S.-bound planes foiled