Teh Politics Forum Rumors and lies and Teh Iraqi Info Minister and much much more...

I just converted to Atheism today!

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2009, 05:48 PM

Car Info: 1999 RS Coupé- 1995 Mazda Miata -KTM 300
I just converted to Atheism today!

WOOhoo! i've converted to an Atheist today, finally!
Originally Posted by kYLEMtnCRUZr
cool man.

its sad it seems like a lot of people are lost and think they're too good to be Atheist.

i'm cool with where i'm going when i die. It's easier to not believe than to believe
A non Atheist clicking this thread to reveal the text inside shouldn't be offended at all...YOU CLICKED THE ****ING THREAD WITH A LEGIT TITLE! You should put on your big boy/girl pants and prepare for whats inside.

Do you like to click NWS threads at work, and then post "wahhh i was offended by your thread wahhhhhhhhhHHHH!"

I'm a Christian or apparently try my best at following the faith and am not offended by this thread i made up, mirroring the thread that started it all, with opposite words flipped around.

I dont give a **** what others believe in, but when i'm replying to a fellow christians thread, we "jesus freaks" as you may call us, like to talk a certain way. Call us crazy.

My best friend is what i consider to be an Atheist and i really dont care other than the fact we may not be in the same place when we die. Who really knows what happens. Maybe i can save him, maybe he will try to save me...whatever!

I'm sorry for ruining your thread wocabin. And i meant little by my abrupt comment, other than expressing our joy that we get from others.

wait for it...

Old 02-23-2009, 05:51 PM

Car Info: 2002 something
Old 02-23-2009, 05:53 PM

Car Info: 2003 PSM WRX, 80 Brat ready for Chevy 350 Swap.
Kyle.. you are my bro in christianity...
my best friend claims he is an agnostic but that doesn't both me one bit...
Old 02-23-2009, 05:59 PM

haha cool, we can draw Jesus Fish on our windows with our paint pens at the RallyX lol

others can draw their stars inside of circles, i really DGAF what other people do, i love everyone, talk to everyone, and would save anyones life if it were in danger. If i saved a bad person without knowing, I DONT CARE because they will be dealt with one way or another.
Old 02-23-2009, 06:17 PM

exactly.. and yes, i am down to do so man.. i am so down to draw the fish.

what would be better is if we own the competition.
Old 02-23-2009, 06:40 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: $200,000 sports car
haha cool, we can draw Jesus Fish on our windows with our paint pens at the RallyX lol

others can draw their stars inside of circles, i really DGAF what other people do, i love everyone, talk to everyone, and would save anyones life if it were in danger. If i saved a bad person without knowing, I DONT CARE because they will be dealt with one way or another.
you guys are so ****ing cool...

here's the deal. athiests and agnostics don't go around pushing their beliefs, or lack thereof, down other peoples throats.

your comment in the other thread about "i'm glad i know where i'm going when i die" or whatever was a little bit preachy don't you think?
Old 02-23-2009, 06:53 PM

Car Info: 02 WRX, 2015 Murano, 2017 NGM Camaro SS
Athieism requires the most faith out of all. It takes a lot to convince yourself that there is no higher being.
Old 02-23-2009, 06:57 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: $200,000 sports car
Originally Posted by AlanarchySTI
Athieism requires the most faith out of all. It takes a lot to convince yourself that there is no higher being.
i feel sorry for people who have no faith in mankind, and that believe we are so insignificant that we could not have advanced to where we are on our own.

and if you think that we have not advanced far, then you must choose to focus only on the negatives, and none of the positives.
Old 02-23-2009, 10:59 PM
plays well with others

Car Info: your mother crazy
i lold
Old 02-23-2009, 11:04 PM
Token Toyota Mod

Car Info: Something german
Jesus would be hella pissed right now if he saw this thread.
Old 02-23-2009, 11:08 PM
plays well with others

Car Info: your mother crazy
Originally Posted by soggynoodles
Jesus would be hella pissed right now if he saw this thread.
no way jesus was chill.

he had a choice between booze and no booze.... party and no party.... and he said... 'lets get drunk up in this *****!'
Old 02-23-2009, 11:37 PM

Originally Posted by RussB

here's the deal. athiests and agnostics don't go around pushing their beliefs, or lack thereof, down other peoples throats.

your comment in the other thread about "i'm glad i know where i'm going when i die" or whatever was a little bit preachy don't you think?
actually they do. they claim that we have no basis for our beliefs, that we are "hella dumb" for believing in what we believe. how is that not pushing what they believe down our throats?

if you ask me, that more than what i have ever done to someone. i dont ask people about there beliefs and they dont ask about mine. they know what i am most of the time and guess what, most people dont seem to have an issue because i dont tell them they are wrong for there beliefs such as most athiest or agnostics do. i simply tell them what i believe and that is the end of the convo. so don't throw me into your idea of what a christian is when i myself as a christian have witnessed and been apart of an antiest trying to tell me that i am wrong and that my life has no meaning and that no matter what he is right. you know what, he can believe that all he wants, but that is by far the most "shoving down someones throat" i have ever seen.
Old 02-24-2009, 12:11 AM

Car Info: 05 OBP WRX Wagon
i will pass no judgment on this thread but He will.
Old 02-24-2009, 12:42 AM

Originally Posted by RussB

Excuse me for being preachy in a thread labeled "I just got Baptized today" I'm sure that came as a surprise right?! It seems like the other sided people were in that thread waiting to pounce on preachy comments. All i know is my comment made some relationships stronger (which was my honest intention, It's hard to build a relationship on text) and unfortunately made some weaker. It hasn't changed my view on anyone here

why would Atheists feel the need to push their beliefs on people? Christians do it in to save people from whatever path they are on. Christians have a reason to. theres no motivation to be an Atheist, it's just what they think is right from their experiences in life, proof, evidence, whatever. You believe in whats true and I will believe in my little made up stories since it makes me feel better. We will both live positive live's and both end up in the ground...and if theres a step after that then guess who has the back up parachute.

Being involved in a religion puts the believer in a safe place as far as what happens when you die. I like the fact that im behind the guy saying "I told you so" rather than in front of him if/when the time comes. And if that time never comes, then my body will be burried in the dirt right next to yours. It's a win win for someone that accepts the possibility of something big happening in the future.

and if satan takes over then its a win win for the other side. Not saying you are satanists, just saying that satan would save neutral people and do whatever to religious people.

Originally Posted by AlanarchySTI
That may be for for some Atheists, one mod described being involved in a religion as "Jumping through hoops" hmmm i wonder how much effort he gives?

Last edited by kYLEMtnCRUZr; 02-24-2009 at 12:58 AM.
Old 02-24-2009, 08:39 AM
iClub Silver Vendor

Car Info: 2005 LGT wagon
Originally Posted by <3mywagon
i will pass no judgment on this thread but He will.

Suppose "He" turns out to be "She"?

Quick Reply: I just converted to Atheism today!